Author Topic: Trump considering second task force dedicated to reopening economy  (Read 248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump considering second task force dedicated to reopening economy
by Dominick Mastrangelo
 | April 05, 2020 02:45 PM

President Trump signaled he is open to creating a second White House task force for implementing a plan to reopen the American economy, which is now virtually shut down by the coronavirus.

"Thinking about it, getting a group of people and we have to open our country," Trump told reporters Saturday. "You know, I had an expression, the cure can't be worse than the problem itself. Right? I started by saying that, and I continue to say it. The cure cannot be worse than the problem itself. We got to get our country open."

The president sent a tweet hours earlier endorsing the idea, floated by Fox News anchor and former White House press secretary Dana Perino.

"I think we need a 2nd task force assembled at direction of POTUS to look ahead to reopening of the economy. Made up of a nonpartisan/bipartisan mix of experts across industry sectors, so that we have their recommendations & plan," Perino said.

"Good idea Dana!" Trump responded.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-considering-second-task-force-dedicated-to-reopening-economy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34