Author Topic: State police cite Pa. woman for ‘going for a drive’ amid stay-at-home order  (Read 434 times)

Online mountaineer

State police cite Pa. woman for ‘going for a drive’ amid stay-at-home order
Renatta Signorini | Friday, April 3, 2020 11:12 a.m.
A York County woman this week was the first person in Pennsylvania to be cited for violating Gov. Tom Wolf’s stay-at-home order, according to state police.

The 19-year-old woman was given a nontraffic citation for allegedly “going for a drive,” according to the citation obtained by Pennlive. ...

The York County woman told Pennlive that she plans to fight the citation. No other action was filed against her in connection with the vehicle code violation, according to online court records. ...
Presumably, she was by herself. Who was endangered?
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are those who would have us all subject to arbitrary rules made for New York, no matter how inappropriate they are for where we live. One size does not fit all.

For instance, to buy enough distilled water for the  use of my family daily, I would have to go into three different stores, and purchase one gallon at a time. (Not to mention the toilet paper scavenger hunt.)
How is that "safer"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Considering where I live, I’m going to agree. However, the young lady should have said she was out for gas or groceries.

I’m hearing a lot of extroverts and young people are having problems with this new lockdown/quarantine.

They’re fine for the first couple of days and now they’re climbing the walls. For someone like me who’s an introvert and hermitish, I’m fine, this is normal. Almost no disruption to my daily routine.

I’m concerned that if this goes on through April, and then May, people might go crazy, depression is going to rise, suicides will rise because of depression and finances. Finances are really going to go bad, we’ll go into another Great Depression, and all that entails. Not to mention, even when this is over, our lives won’t be “normal” for several generations.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering where I live, I’m going to agree. However, the young lady should have said she was out for gas or groceries.

I’m hearing a lot of extroverts and young people are having problems with this new lockdown/quarantine.

They’re fine for the first couple of days and now they’re climbing the walls. For someone like me who’s an introvert and hermitish, I’m fine, this is normal. Almost no disruption to my daily routine.

I’m concerned that if this goes on through April, and then May, people might go crazy, depression is going to rise, suicides will rise because of depression and finances. Finances are really going to go bad, we’ll go into another Great Depression, and all that entails. Not to mention, even when this is over, our lives won’t be “normal” for several generations.
I think you may be right. Up here we are more used to winter and being isolated a mite, but "Cabin Fever" doesn't happen only because you are snowed in. We have to mentally go on a "Can-Do" footing like we did in WWII and pull together. If America can do that, we'll do OK. Some folks are going to have a rough go of it though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Meanwhile, in Delaware:
iDewey.com
2 hrs ·

There are road blocks in Sussex. Southbound at the wawa & on plantation road. Out-of-state cars are being pulled over and some are being searched.

iDewey.com Update.
They are not searching every car. However your car can be searched. If you are an out-of-state driver you will be asked to quarantine for 14 days. That’s guaranteed. Don’t worry about it stay home. 

iDewey.com Y’all don’t seem to understand what’s going on. We’re under a state of emergency. If you’re not a resident of the state of Delaware you shouldn’t even be here. If you’re not traveling to an essential business you shouldn’t be on the road.

Just like during a snowstorm. Or a hurricane. It’s highly likely if you’re on the road you’re going to be pulled over regardless of the state listed on the back of your car. I wouldn’t be traveling unless you’re a resident of the state of Delaware.
More at Facebook
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org