Author Topic: Democrats: Phase four coronavirus legislation must reopen healthcare exchanges  (Read 380 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Democrats: Phase four coronavirus legislation must reopen healthcare exchanges
Washington Examiner, Apr 3, 2020

Senate Democrats say Congress needs to pass a new economic relief package that would also reopen Obamacare exchanges for people needing treatment for the coronavirus.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon said on a call with reporters that they do not favor a Trump administration plan to provide direct financial aid to people who lack healthcare instead of reopening the healthcare exchanges.

Democrats will push to include a provision to open a special enrollment period in a new economic relief package that has yet to be drafted. Congress has already passed three federal aid measures, including a $2.2 trillion package signed into law last week.

“There are a lot of people who don’t have healthcare, many of whom are qualified” for the Obamacare exchanges, Schumer said, adding, “It’s something I would look at” including in a new round of economic relief legislation. “This is a crisis, and any way we can try to get people healthcare, we should do it, and this is one route.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democrats-phase-four-coronavirus-legislation-must-reopen-healthcare-exchanges

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How about we just do away with that crap, repeal the ACA and go back to getting health insurance when you want to?

Or is that too f%*^ing simple?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well if Trump does this I will call him a liberal.  Why don't we just reverse and continue Obama Administration?  Those healthcare exchanges are way to expensive.  The only people they actually help is the unemployed welfare people.  The ones that work in small business or are self employed would go bankrupt if they were forced to get insurance of the health exchange.

Part of Trumps promises were to remove Obama Care.  If we start backing up it will be obvious that this is being manipulated to implement a liberal agenda in America.

I remember in 2016 Obama said it wouldn't matter because his agenda would continue.  May not be direct quote but that was the gest of it.  I think he could be right.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:54:01 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well if Trump does this I will call him a liberal.  Why don't we just reverse and continue Obama Administration?  Those healthcare exchanges are way to expensive.  The only people they actually help is the unemployed welfare people.  The ones that work in small business or are self employed would go bankrupt if they were forced to get insurance of the health exchange.

Part of Trumps promises were to remove Obama Care.  If we start backing up it will be obvious that this is being manipulated to implement a liberal agenda in America.

I remember in 2016 Obama said it wouldn't matter because his agenda would continue.  May not be direct quote but that was the gest of it.  I think he could be right.
I agree. Do away with the ACA and the exchanges, and let people get the coverage they need, when they can.

On the exchange, health insurance would cost $28K a year for a family of 4 in this State, with a $14K deductible. Add those together, that's 42K, more than poverty level wages here, and it doesn't buy a morsel of food, a watt of light, a pint of gas.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

How about we just do away with that crap, repeal the ACA and go back to getting health insurance when you want to?

Or is that too f%*^ing simple?

It's too F%*^ing simple!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Democrats: Phase four coronavirus legislation must reopen healthcare exchanges
Washington Examiner, Apr 3, 2020

Senate Democrats say Congress needs to pass a new economic relief package that would also reopen Obamacare exchanges for people needing treatment for the coronavirus.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon said on a call with reporters that they do not favor a Trump administration plan to provide direct financial aid to people who lack healthcare instead of reopening the healthcare exchanges.

Democrats will push to include a provision to open a special enrollment period in a new economic relief package that has yet to be drafted. Congress has already passed three federal aid measures, including a $2.2 trillion package signed into law last week.

“There are a lot of people who don’t have healthcare, many of whom are qualified” for the Obamacare exchanges, Schumer said, adding, “It’s something I would look at” including in a new round of economic relief legislation. “This is a crisis, and any way we can try to get people healthcare, we should do it, and this is one route.”

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democrats-phase-four-coronavirus-legislation-must-reopen-healthcare-exchanges

...hmmm maybe Chuckie has his eyes on the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I agree. Do away with the ACA and the exchanges, and let people get the coverage they need, when they can.

On the exchange, health insurance would cost $28K a year for a family of 4 in this State, with a $14K deductible. Add those together, that's 42K, more than poverty level wages here, and it doesn't buy a morsel of food, a watt of light, a pint of gas.

Exactly,  High premiums.  High deductible. 

What I say is that most people do have insurance.  And since the Government is having giveaways they can cover the cost of only the ones who need health related treatment for Coronavirus.  Only!  Share the cost between patient, hospital and government.  Hospitals have applications for low income.  I know.  I paid off my Cancer bill making payments.  They wrote off a chunk of it and I paid the rest.  There is already a process based on income.  I think most states cover children of low income parents under state programs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.