Author Topic: And Trump Takes Advice From This Quack? ...Dr. Fauci Says He Will Lift Social Distancing Restriction  (Read 2277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And Trump Takes Advice From This Quack? ...Dr. Fauci Says He Will Lift Social Distancing Restrictions After "No New Cases, No New Deaths" (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published April 2, 2020 at 9:03pm

Just so you know — these “experts” are making it up as they go along.

And these experts are going to destroy the US economy based on total guesses and hysterical predictions.

On March 15, 2020 Dr Anthony Fauci told Jon Karl on ABC that the US could expect up to 21 million coronavirus hospitalizations and up to 1.7 million coronavirus deaths.

TRENDING: UN Wants a 10% Global Tax to Pay for New "Shared Responsibility" Program to Address Coronavirus Pandemic

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/trump-takes-advice-quack-dr-fauci-says-will-lift-social-distancing-restrictions-no-new-cases-no-new-deaths-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I used to respect Jim Hoft. Calling Fauci a "quack" was utterly stupid.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I used to respect Jim Hoft. Calling Fauci a "quack" was utterly stupid.

Maybe, maybe not @PeteS in CA

Let's not accept Fauci's edicts blindly.  Not only does the doctor need to stay in his lane; remember, he's one of the experts who told us not to worry.

Government health agency official: Coronavirus 'isn't something the American public need to worry about'
The Hill, Jan 26, 2020

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Sunday the American public shouldn’t worry about the coronavirus outbreak in China.

“It’s a very, very low risk to the United States,” Fauci said during an interview with radio show host John Catsimatidis.

“But it’s something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously... It isn’t something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about. Because we have ways of preparing and screening of people coming in [from China]. And we have ways of responding - like we did with this one case in Seattle, Washington, who had traveled to China and brought back the infection.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe, maybe not @PeteS in CA

Let's not accept Fauci's edicts blindly.  Not only does the doctor need to stay in his lane; remember, he's one of the experts who told us not to worry.

@Right_in_Virginia, I've committed the opposite error of "accepting Fauci's edicts blindly"? Where? Got a link?

As for "telling us not to worry", like every member of the White House Task Force, he speaks and acts based on what was known at the time. And we have learned that WHO and China probably lied about evidence of human-human transmission for close to a month. IOW, Fauci made comments based on false knowledge he could not know was false. As have Trump and others on the Task Force and in his Administration.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:19:05 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@Right_in_Virginia, I've committed the opposite error of "accepting Fauci's edicts blindly"? Where? Got a link?

As for "telling us not to worry", like every member of the White House Task Force, he speaks and acts based on what was known at the time. And we have learned that WHO and China probably lied about evidence of human-human transmission for close to a month. IOW, Fauci made comments based on false knowledge he could not know was false. As have Trump and others on the Task Force and in his Administration.

:amen:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, for crap sake @PeteS in CA my comment "let's not accept Fauci's edicts blindly" was not aimed personally at you.  "Let's" (all of us) is plural.   I'm saying in hindsight Fauci was wrong in January  (https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the) .... wrong in Feb when he said he believed China's stats (https://video.foxnews.com/v/6133678234001#sp=show-clips)  --- which mean he CAN be wrong again in April.

And let's (again, the plural) remember Fauci did not panic during the swine flu epidemic of 2009-2010.  But today we must keep the country closed until not one of us dies.   We should not blindly accept his directions ... if for no other reason than he is, after all, a lifelong political bureaucrat.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:49:26 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

I agree. But the others aren't running for re-election in the fall and neither is Dr. Fauci. There won't be any opposition ads of Dr. Fauci's misstatements based on the false information.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline PeteS in CA

Oh, for crap sake @PeteS in CA my comment "let's not accept Fauci's edicts blindly" was not aimed personally at you.  "Let's" (all of us) is plural.   ...

"Us" is first person plural, which mean I was one of the "us". While the value of Fauci's comments are dependent on the information he has, the same is true of Trump and every other person in the coronavirus effort. That is no great revelation, so, yes, Fauci could be wrong, though in this case he was not speaking based on Chinese information, AFAIK.

But there is a HUGE canyon between saying Fauci could be mistaken and calling him a "quack"!

There was a time when I took Jim Hoft and GatewayPundit as generally reliable. But for several years now I've been aware that his fact-checking is sometime too cursory, and then there's intemperate remarks like this one. I may occasionally post a story I first saw on Gateway Pundit, but I almost always check for and post the confirming original source. The hand that's been burnt ...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'm with @PeteS in CA

Calling Fauci names, is very low information.

However that is clearly the trend

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

It's Friday. so another brain dead urinary contest rages.
Whatever his shortcomings, real or mostly imagined; Anthony Fauci,
educated at Holy Cross and Cornell Medical; is a Scientist, first and last.
Predictably, his detractors are politicos and their sycophants who couldn't
spell Science if you spotted them 6 letters!!!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, folks, at what point SHOULD restrictions be lifted?

When the R0 rate is 1.5?
or
When it drops to 1.25?
or
When it drops to 1.0? (one infected person infects one more person)
or
When it drops to, say, .75?

Is that low enough?
You tell me...

Offline mountaineer

Sean Spicier @sean_spicier
Dr. Fauci is the first doctor I’ve ever heard of that doesn’t want to hear about a cure
8:14 AM · Apr 3, 2020
Note: this is not Sean Spicer's twitter account. It's a parody account.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

When the R0 rate is 1.5?
or
When it drops to 1.25?
or
or

Is that low enough?
You tell me...

Restrictions should be managed to keep hospitals operating below that which requires triage. If a region has empty beds those regions should have restriction lifted to the point to start filling beds. If many beds are empty in a region then the restrictions are too tight and should be reduced.

The biggest problem is the approximate two week delay from policy changes to beds filling/emptying. It is a delayed feedback loop that is difficult to manage without bumping into the limits.

Offline mountaineer

Offline musiclady

It's Friday. so another brain dead urinary contest rages.
Whatever his shortcomings, real or mostly imagined; Anthony Fauci,
educated at Holy Cross and Cornell Medical; is a Scientist, first and last.
Predictably, his detractors are politicos and their sycophants who couldn't
spell Science if you spotted them 6 letters!!!

But it’s so much fun getting attention by calling a brilliant scientist a quack, doncha know??

Especially when one knows nothing and desperately craves attention...

There’s a lot of that going on these days....  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

WHOA! Dr. Fauci in 2017: President Trump Will Be Challenged By a "Surprise Global Disease Outbreak" (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published April 3, 2020 at 9:17pm

... Back in 2017 at forum on pandemic preparedness at Georgetown University Dr. Fauci made an interesting statement. Fauci told the audience the Trump administration will not only be challenged by ongoing global health threats such as influenza and HIV, but also a surprise disease outbreak.  ...

This is the same guy who told Americans not to worry about the coronavirus back in January.  ... More at Gateway Pundit

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Fauci has made clear he does not care the outside ramifications of his and the governors' mandates, he has pooh-poohed them as "inconveniences" and that he "do(es)n't believe" those who warn him of the consequences.

So far, the CDC has shown a leveling off in new cases.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

When the R0 rate is 1.5?
or
When it drops to 1.25?
or
or

Is that low enough?
You tell me...
Obviously not before it gets below 1.0—the point where infections start going down.

I posted in the main coronavirus thread that travel is down on average about 70-80% compared to pre-lockdown figures, even more in the hardest hit big cities. If true, that should reduce R0 to about 0.7... something the Kinsa fever estimates bear out.

I prepared for a few more weeks of this to weed out any remaining infections. But our official numbers are mangled up. The topline numbers are only recorded from date of positive test weeks after infection in most places.

Offline DB

Obviously not before it gets below 1.0—the point where infections start going down.

I posted in the main coronavirus thread that travel is down on average about 70-80% compared to pre-lockdown figures, even more in the hardest hit big cities. If true, that should reduce R0 to about 0.7... something the Kinsa fever estimates bear out.

I prepared for a few more weeks of this to weed out any remaining infections. But our official numbers are mangled up. The topline numbers are only recorded from date of positive test weeks after infection in most places.

The only thing that really matters is keeping hospitals from being overloaded leading to triage. If the areas hospitals are underutilized the restrictions should be relaxed. If they are overloaded they should be increased. One should assume that one is going to get it at some point in time short of a vaccine becoming available.

Offline PeteS in CA

FLASHBACK: Jan. 21: Fauci Says Coronavirus ‘Not A Major Threat’ To U.S.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/flashback-fauci-coronavirus-us-threat-trump/?fbclid=IwAR0b_DHGh0h_PYM50pX-ESVfsLRvTgBcvM46DyF97Nuhw3Sz0_BH-YCNLOs

Q/ On what day did China and WHO finally acknowledge that human-human transmission of this coronavirus?

A/ First acknowledgement of human-human transmission of coronavirus: January 20, 2020, https://abcnews.go.com/Health/human-human-transmission-coronavirus-reported-china/story?id=68403105

IOW, Dr. Fauci's comment was based on what was known. Context matters.

WHOA! Dr. Fauci in 2017: President Trump Will Be Challenged By a "Surprise Global Disease Outbreak" (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published April 3, 2020 at 9:17pm

... Back in 2017 at forum on pandemic preparedness at Georgetown University Dr. Fauci made an interesting statement. Fauci told the audience the Trump administration will not only be challenged by ongoing global health threats such as influenza and HIV, but also a surprise disease outbreak.  ...

This is the same guy who told Americans not to worry about the coronavirus back in January.  ... More at Gateway Pundit

OK, and who was the most recent President who did not have a "global health threat" happen during his administration? George H. W. Bush? Ronald Reagan? IOW, that something would happen sometime during Trump's administration was somewhere between very likely and predictable. But that does not mean Fauci did any more than speak based on what was known at the time he spoke.

% % % % % % % % % % % % % %

Speaking more generally, why the seeming urgency to bogeymanize Dr. Fauci?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:06:34 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline mountaineer

No such "urgency" on my part. I'm just sharing relevant information.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It has to do more with his recent statements showing his lack of disregard for unintended consequences with respect to his current stance of eliminating the virus at all costs. It's a recent development; Fauci and Trump had been on the same page up until this week. But Fauci clearly has Trump's ear, and that could be dangerous.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Q/ On what day did China and WHO finally acknowledge that human-human transmission of this coronavirus?

A/ First acknowledgement of human-human transmission of coronavirus: January 20, 2020, https://abcnews.go.com/Health/human-human-transmission-coronavirus-reported-china/story?id=68403105

IOW, Dr. Fauci's comment was based on what was known. Context matters.

OK, and who was the most recent President who did not have a "global health threat" happen during his administration? George H. W. Bush? Ronald Reagan? IOW, that something would happen sometime during Trump's administration was somewhere between very likely and predictable. But that does not mean Fauci did any more than speak based on what was known at the time he spoke.

% % % % % % % % % % % % % %

I remember watching a documentary about the Spanish Flu back in the late 90’ or early 2000's where the conclusion was not “if” another pandemic would happen but rather “when” it would happen.  Many have been sounding this alarm for years.

The many epidemiologists and communicable disease experts interviewed in the documentary (that might have included Dr. Fauci – I don’t remember) said that another influenza pandemic on the scale of the H1N1 Spanish Flu might be possible but their far bigger concern was a completely new respiratory virus, one both easily transmittable human to human and deadly but no so deadly as to burn out quickly, and unlike influenza, one without a vaccine or known treatment. Likely a virus emerging from China or sub-Saharan Africa or even South America from an animal vector and IIRC likely originating in bats and spreading to domesticated fowl or pigs before jumping to humans and likely completely new virus to humans as we encroach on and develop and farm areas that had never been populated or developed before.

While a movie and an over simplification, the 2011 movie “Contagion” did pretty good job of illustrating this point.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HH1-ozS_A
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline jpsb

Not at all impressed with Dr. Fauci. Dr. Deborah Birx seems to know her stuff.

Offline Absalom

But it’s so much fun getting attention by calling a brilliant scientist a quack, doncha know??
Especially when one knows nothing and desperately craves attention...
There’s a lot of that going on these days....  *****rollingeyes*****
---------------------
Indeed!