Author Topic: California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) sees the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity to push progressive  (Read 353 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
News April 02, 2020

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) sees the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity to push progressive policies, and his comments are the latest evidence that politicians are eager to use the crisis to advance their own agendas.

Newsom was asked during a news conference Tuesday whether he saw the potential for the coronavirus outbreak to be used for the advancement of more progressive policies on the national and state level — a chance for a new "progressive era."

The governor started his answer by detailing persistent issues of growing income inequality in California and elsewhere, before circling back to the question he was asked...….

https://www.theblaze.com/news/california-gov-newsom-sees-coronavirus-as-an-opportunity-to-usher-in-a-new-progressive-era
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
News April 02, 2020

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) sees the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity to push progressive policies, and his comments are the latest evidence that politicians are eager to use the crisis to advance their own agendas.

Newsom was asked during a news conference Tuesday whether he saw the potential for the coronavirus outbreak to be used for the advancement of more progressive policies on the national and state level — a chance for a new "progressive era."

The governor started his answer by detailing persistent issues of growing income inequality in California and elsewhere, before circling back to the question he was asked...….

https://www.theblaze.com/news/california-gov-newsom-sees-coronavirus-as-an-opportunity-to-usher-in-a-new-progressive-era

I hope people can successfully process this drivel to realize all the Progs care about is power, and the people come in dead last.

Income inequality? Yeah, some people have government jobs and a lot of the rest are unemployed by decree.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis