Author Topic: New Orleans Mayor Cantrell: Trump Should Have Cancelled Events Throughout America in February  (Read 811 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 2 Apr 2020

Thursday on ABC’s “The View,” New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell criticized President Donald Trump for not canceling events across America in February, including Mardi Gras in response to the eventual coronavirus pandemic.

Co-host Meghan McCain asked, “I was actually surprised that the Mardi Gras celebrations continued last month in February, and there were people that gathered. There are experts that say this could have accelerated the spread of the coronavirus throughout the city. Do you regret, in hindsight, not canceling Mardi Gras?”
Advertisement

Cantrell said, “Well, when you say many were surprised, that did not hit the ground at all. Nor did it hit the ground at the national level, nor the state level. There were multiple gatherings and events happening throughout the United States of America, with over a million people participating. So at that particular time with no red flags given, with the federal government being embedded in our unified command, preparing and planning for Mardi Gras, they were engaging the CDC in time for preparation, no red flags for Mardi Gras day and leading up to it. I had special agents, federal agents on the ground with our people. So when the city of New Orleans experienced our first case, which was around March 9, I moved to — I was actually the first in the state to end social gatherings, put a halt to events. One was St. Patrick’s Day. The other one was our Super Sunday for our Mardi Gras Indians. I’m quoted as saying all hell broke loose for canceling those events. No, Ma’am, we proceeded as others did. Now in hindsight, I think as the country is concerned, we should have had no events throughout the U.S. of A., and I think we would be in a better place today, our entire country. That’s where the focus needs to be at this time.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/04/02/new-orleans-mayor-cantrell-trump-should-have-cancelled-events-throughout-america-in-february/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Toya might be an example of

the Peter Principle
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

the Peter Principle

Well her voters must be pretty stupid.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Federalism is truly wasted on the stupid and ill-informed.

Offline bilo

Well her voters must be pretty stupid.

They are probably related to the voters in NY and San Francisco. The political "leaders" in San Francisco and NY also encouraged people to gather in large groups and have a big party after the travel ban with China had gone into effect.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Federalism is truly wasted on the stupid and ill-informed.

Liberals associate Federalism with Jim Crow Laws.   They want a dictator, one that bends to their whims.

Offline PeteS in CA

the Peter Principle

Hey! I had nothing to do with her twit-hood! :silly:  :cool: It clearly comes naturally. NOLA has a knack for picking do-nothing mayors. And as R_i_V pointed out, she would not understand were she told that Trump lacked the authority to do what she should have.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

Either this mayor is incredibly stupid, or her voters are stupid.

I suspect it's both.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

Liberals associate Federalism with Jim Crow Laws.   They want a dictator, one that bends to their whims.

Yeah.......... they want a leftist dictator who doesn't give a rip about the States, let alone their rights.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

Either this mayor is incredibly stupid, or her voters are stupid.

I suspect it's both.

Garbage In, Garbage Out.