Author Topic: Schumer calls on Trump to appoint a coronavirus supply 'czar' with military background  (Read 546 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Schumer calls on Trump to appoint a coronavirus supply 'czar' with military background
Washington Times, Apr 2, 2020

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer on Thursday formally asked President Trump to appoint a military officer to oversee the federal government’s role in procuring and distributing goods in response to the escalating coronavirus epidemic.

Mr. Schumer said companies’ voluntary efforts to produce ventilators and equipment are welcomed but that America can’t rely on a “patchwork” system.

“It is long past the time for your administration to designate a senior military officer to fix this urgent problem,” Mr. Schumer wrote in a letter to Mr. Trump.

The president recently invoked the Defense Production Act to order General Motors to produce ventilators, but Mr. Schumer said the “full capacity” of American industry hasn’t yet been harnessed.

“That officer should be given full authority under the Defense Production Act (DPA) to complete and rapidly implement a plan for the increased production, procurement and distribution of critically-needed medical devices and equipment,” the senator said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/chuck-schumer-calls-trump-appoint-coronavirus-supp/

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Somebody please explain to Cryin’ Chuck Schumer that we do have a military man in charge of distributing goods, a very talented Admiral, in fact. New York has gotten far more than any other State, including hospitals & a hospital ship, but no matter what, always complaining.....

...It wouldn’t matter if you got ten times what was needed, it would never be good enough. Unlike other states, New York unfortunately got off to a late start. You should have pushed harder. Stop complaining & find out where all of these supplies are going. Cuomo working hard!

8:57 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245696907718078465

Oops ... looks like it's time to buy a vowel, Schmuckie.   88finger point

Offline skeeter

Suddenly so many helpful suggestions.

Gotta be able to point to some reason Trump will be responsible for the people we already know will fall to this virus.

"He didn't listen to advise"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:30:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dims DO love Czars!

Reminds them of "The Good Old Days".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Suddenly so many helpful suggestions.

Gotta be able to point to some reason Trump will be responsible for the people we already know will fall to this virus.

"He didn't listen to advise"
'

By now though most of the public has already formed an opinion on Chuck and Nancy; they never miss an unfortunate event to bash this President.  They have tried everything to remove this President and to change public sentiment.  I can't in my mind reject the possibility that the DEMS and especially Biden have something to do with this virus spreading.  For one, it crashes his economy, increases unemployment to the largest numbers in history, vs. the lowest we experienced during his administration. Two, it prevents him from holding rallies which gave him the positive feedback that he thrives on.  Three, it is making a huge majority of people reliant on government assistance.  Slow Joe becomes president, the DEMS are happy and China will be jumping for joy ... business as usual.  Yes, that could all very well be far fetched and just one of my "theories".

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

'

By now though most of the public has already formed an opinion on Chuck and Nancy; they never miss an unfortunate event to bash this President.  They have tried everything to remove this President and to change public sentiment.  I can't in my mind reject the possibility that the DEMS and especially Biden have something to do with this virus spreading.  For one, it crashes his economy, increases unemployment to the largest numbers in history, vs. the lowest we experienced during his administration. Two, it prevents him from holding rallies which gave him the positive feedback that he thrives on.  Three, it is making a huge majority of people reliant on government assistance.  Slow Joe becomes president, the DEMS are happy and China will be jumping for joy ... business as usual.  Yes, that could all very well be far fetched and just one of my "theories".

Although it originated abroad, I believe the left considers the virus their version of 'manna from heaven'. Not only does it destroy Trump's signal achievement, it provides them with a once in a lifetime opportunity (they think) to reform society into their worker's paradise.

I do not think things will work out quite as they hope, but since politics and political power is the leftist raison d'être everything - including a global catastrophe like this virus - must be subordinated to their cause.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:14:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

@Right_in_Virginia

THAT is what a proper "Bitch Slap" looks like!

LOL!  Schmuckie's rumored reaction @sneakypete

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Right_in_Virginia

THAT is what a proper "Bitch Slap" looks like!
If that is genuine, it is just beautiful.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

'

I formed my opinion of Chuck during the Waco hearings. It was so low then, I had a hard time believing it could sin, but it has over time. Nancy came on my radar later, but you need look down features to get her on the set. Mount the antenna on any snake belly.

As for POTUS, the people can give him that positive feedback. and not even take a chance on spreading anything.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:23:55 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

If that is genuine, it is just beautiful.

Statements & Releases
Letter from President Donald J. Trump to Senator Charles E. Schumer

Healthcare   
Issued on: April 2, 2020

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/letter-president-donald-j-trump-senator-charles-e-schumer/

@Smokin Joe

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis