Author Topic: Democrats to delay convention until August: sources  (Read 690 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats to delay convention until August: sources
« on: April 02, 2020, 04:01:15 pm »
Democrats to delay convention until August: sources
By Rafael Bernal ,Amie Parnes and Jonathan Easley - 04/02/20 11:45 AM EDT

The Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee will be delayed for a month because of the coronavirus pandemic, two sources told The Hill.

The Democratic nominating convention will now take place over four days beginning on Aug. 17 after originally being scheduled to take place between July 13-16, the sources said.

A source close to Joe Biden's campaign told The Hill that the former vice president pushed to have the convention moved while keeping the same format.

The host committee has not responded to a request for comment, but the move is expected to be announced soon.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/490811-democrats-to-delay-convention-until-august-sources
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Democrats to delay convention until August: sources
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 04:29:14 pm »
They need the extra time to come up with a way to break it to Biden they are replacing him as the nominee with Cuomo.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 04:45:59 pm »
Am I the only one that didn't know Bubbette! was back in rehab?

She has been awful quiet lately.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 04:48:41 pm »
They need the extra time to come up with a way to break it to Biden they are replacing him as the nominee with Cuomo.

@txradioguy

Naw,that's not it. This will distract him with an etch-a-sketch or something similar,and the election will be over before he even notices.

IMNSHO,this is part of the plan to shorten the campaign as much as possible so Bubbette! doesn't have to have bodyguards pick her up and carry her around,and she can look healthy.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:03:56 pm »
@txradioguy

Naw,that's not it. This will distract him with an etch-a-sketch or something similar,and the election will be over before he even notices.

IMNSHO,this is part of the plan to shorten the campaign as much as possible so Bubbette! doesn't have to have bodyguards pick her up and carry her around,and she can look healthy.

There's that possibility too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 06:19:59 am »
One month less for Clinton to campaign.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 06:28:22 am »
Can Biden last that long?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:29 pm »
Am I the only one that didn't know Bubbette! was back in rehab?

She has been awful quiet lately.
What? Are they polishing her up for a run?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 07:11:33 pm »
What? Are they polishing her up for a run?

@Smokin Joe

Well,more of a stumble and stagger than a run,but yeah,I think so.

She is and has been power mad her entire life,and I don't see her giving up now. Especially not when she really has no Dim opposition and it IS her last shot at the throne.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 08:01:37 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Well,more of a stumble and stagger than a run,but yeah,I think so.

She is and has been power mad her entire life,and I don't see her giving up now. Especially not when she really has no Dim opposition and it IS her last shot at the throne.
That is how she would treat it, too, not  an office, but a throne.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 12:56:05 am »
The longer they postpone the convention, the worse ol' white Joe is gonna get.

On the other hand, this gives lil' Andy extra time to polish up his Apple for the conventioneers.

o'er-the-hillary?
As jafo keeps insisting, don't count her out...!

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 09:02:31 am »
If anyone has ever been a puppetmaster in politics, it is Clinton.  I believe much of what we have witnessed over the past year has been well choreographed by Clinton.  One of her prime objectives was to blank Sanders, and that is done without her taking one step to campaign.

Joe will have something happen to him, and she will emerge out of the convention, in AUGUST!!!  Sanders will get another house, and maybe become a cabinet member.  Joe too.

And we know the VP candidate will most likely be a minority, to strengthen that demographic, whatever it may be.

Clinton knows where she made her mistakes last time.  She lives in WI, MI, OH, PA, NC, and FL.  She does that, she has a shot at winning.

What is not good for Trump right now is that the mortality rate is climbing every day for roughly the last week.  We are at 2.5% mortality rate.  In the last 24 hours, we might get to 2,000 dead.  This is not good.  Trump needs to squash this outbreak, and do it quickly, however, there is so much about this out of his control, or anyone's for that matter.  And the Dems are like cartoon vultures, waiting to pounce and devour the carcass.

Trump destroys this outbreak and returns America to some semblance of normal, he manages to get voting majorities in both houses in a big sweep.

Biden said in an interview that Trump needs to allow folks like Dr. Fauci be a greater voice in all this.  Kiss of death.  The man is still questioning the use of Hydroxychloroquine.  Left to the likes of Dr. Fauci, we would have hundreds of deaths.  Anything Biden is suggesting, Trump should do just the opposite.  And that maggot POS Pelosi and Schiff have but one thing in mind, investigate Trump on his efforts with the virus.  Only California would provide America with POSs like these two.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 10:13:57 am »
What I want to know is....

Will the election be postponed?

And if not, will it be by mail ballots only?

Somehow, I’m thinking mail ballots could be a cluster duck.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 10:17:58 am »

Somehow, I’m thinking mail ballots could be a cluster duck.
As I have noted, an advertisement blast from the past I can see now:

"Make money stuffing envelopes in your spare time at home!
Contact the DNC..
."

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 10:45:18 am »
If anyone has ever been a puppetmaster in politics, it is Clinton.  I believe much of what we have witnessed over the past year has been well choreographed by Clinton.  One of her prime objectives was to blank Sanders, and that is done without her taking one step to campaign.

Joe will have something happen to him, and she will emerge out of the convention, in AUGUST!!!  Sanders will get another house, and maybe become a cabinet member.  Joe too.

And we know the VP candidate will most likely be a minority, to strengthen that demographic, whatever it may be.

Clinton knows where she made her mistakes last time.  She lives in WI, MI, OH, PA, NC, and FL.  She does that, she has a shot at winning.
No arguments, there. She is and will remain dangerous in that regard, and is not one to be underestimated in her lust for power.
What is not good for Trump right now is that the mortality rate is climbing every day for roughly the last week.  We are at 2.5% mortality rate.  In the last 24 hours, we might get to 2,000 dead.  This is not good.  Trump needs to squash this outbreak, and do it quickly, however, there is so much about this out of his control, or anyone's for that matter.  And the Dems are like cartoon vultures, waiting to pounce and devour the carcass.

Trump destroys this outbreak and returns America to some semblance of normal, he manages to get voting majorities in both houses in a big sweep.
Also agree, but quelling a disease out break depends on the actions of those who are on the front lines, those in logistics (Failure at the State level in NY, which has five or more times the cases of any other state except New Jersey) and those in government.
It also has the big media studios to continue their incessant campaign of hostility against this POTUS.

From https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/map-reveals-hidden-u-s-hotspots-of-coronavirus-infection/
using rates of infection, or this graphic using numbers by state https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html (Can't get the graphic to come up here).
But looking at the hotspots, most have something in common. Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, Detroit, Washington D.C./Baltimore, New York City, Chicago, St Louis, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, all have Democrats at the helm, and the worst performance in this, either through incompetence, through corruption siphoning off funds in previous years that should have gone to preparation, lousy policy, ignoring the POTUS and serious advice for containing the virus early on, or maybe just coincidence and bad luck. Of course, they'll blame the POTUS, because that's how they roll. And George W. Bush don't care about black people (Katrina).
So, yes, he has to manage to get the outbreak stopped, get honest numbers and honest accounts out there in spite of the press (good or bad), and get the economy rolling again by November. It's a lot, and the situation from a political standpoint is much more difficult than just dealing with the usual Democrat stock in trade specious allegations 'he might have had sex with a Junior High cheerleading squad', dumped above the fold the week before the election.
I pray he is successful, not only to keep the Dems at bay, but for the health and well being of our entire nation, regardless of political stance, and all the other 'identities' the Dems are so fond of waving about.

Sorta sarcasm alert!: I really would only imagine a couple of Dems who would consider the sacrifice of a few tens of thousands of people to get power, and you mentioned one earlier. After all, dead people vote Democrat, anyway, so they might not consider that a 'loss', electorally. End Sarcasm (sorta) alert.
Biden said in an interview that Trump needs to allow folks like Dr. Fauci be a greater voice in all this.  Kiss of death.  The man is still questioning the use of Hydroxychloroquine.  Left to the likes of Dr. Fauci, we would have hundreds of deaths.  Anything Biden is suggesting, Trump should do just the opposite.  And that maggot POS Pelosi and Schiff have but one thing in mind, investigate Trump on his efforts with the virus.  Only California would provide America with POSs like these two.
Again, no argument. They should just pick a few rabid dogs to investigate things to investigate so they could maybe do some of the work of the Congress, but then maybe it is better if they are busy.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:18 pm »
jafo wrote:
"Trump needs to squash this outbreak, and do it quickly, however, there is so much about this out of his control, or anyone's for that matter.  And the Dems are like cartoon vultures, waiting to pounce and devour the carcass."

The only way to do this "quickly" would be with a federally-ordered Italian-style total lockdown of the entire country. I'm not sure Americans would stand for that.

We have civil rights howls about the state-by-state measures being taken now.

There are "costs" to freedom.
We are currently in the process of discovering what those costs are, when it comes to contagion...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 04:29:48 pm »
prime objectives was to blank Sanders, and that is done without her taking one step to campaign.
If anyone has ever been a puppetmaster in politics, it is Clinton.  I believe much of what we have witnessed over the past year has been well choreographed by Clinton.  One of her....

@jafo2010

And you were doing sooo good! Bubbette! isn't the clever one in that family. To this very day she doesn't seem to realize that Bubba married her so he would have a shield to deflect blame from him.

Bubba is the genius tactician in that team,and as long as she "brings him the coffee" and is useful in other ways,he will allow her to think she is smart and in charge of something.

And we know the VP candidate will most likely be a minority,

Not a chance. SHE is a minority,so why would she and Bubba be willing to deal with allowing a co-conspirator in for a cut? It's gonna be a white,or possible an Asia from a populous state like Ca. Somebody younger and physically attractive that knows how to follow orders while smiling a lot.

Clinton knows where she made her mistakes last time.

Not true. She has never made a mistake in her life. Don't believe me,ask her.

No question about that. IMHO,even if this doesn't happen quickly,he is going to get big points for not panicking and handling it in a sane and sensible manner.

Blaming it on China,instead of America and Americans,like the Dims typically do with everything is not going to hurt him,either.

Biden said in an interview that Trump needs to allow folks like Dr. Fauci be a greater voice in all this.

Not to worry. Trump is not a career politician,and he can't be bullied into doing anything he doesn't want to do,and there is no way in HELL he is going to listen to Slow Joe on anything.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 04:38:27 pm »

@Gefn

My Chrystal Ball is in the shop,but MY best GUESS is "Not a chance". If we had a career politician in the WH that owed decades of favors it would probably be delayed,but Trump doesn't owe any of them a single damn thing but grief.

That is basically the DNC wet dream come true,but Trump has already said that was NOT going to happen.

[/quote] [Somehow, I’m thinking mail ballots could be a cluster duck.[/quote]

Ya think? The Dims would get more votes than there are people living in America.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 05:10:22 pm »
@jafo2010

And you were doing sooo good! Bubbette! isn't the clever one in that family. To this very day she doesn't seem to realize that Bubba married her so he would have a shield to deflect blame from him.

Bubba is the genius tactician in that team,and as long as she "brings him the coffee" and is useful in other ways,he will allow her to think she is smart and in charge of something.

Not a chance. SHE is a minority,so why would she and Bubba be willing to deal with allowing a co-conspirator in for a cut? It's gonna be a white,or possible an Asia from a populous state like Ca. Somebody younger and physically attractive that knows how to follow orders while smiling a lot.

Not true. She has never made a mistake in her life. Don't believe me,ask her.

No question about that. IMHO,even if this doesn't happen quickly,he is going to get big points for not panicking and handling it in a sane and sensible manner.

Blaming it on China,instead of America and Americans,like the Dims typically do with everything is not going to hurt him,either.

Not to worry. Trump is not a career politician,and he can't be bullied into doing anything he doesn't want to do,and there is no way in HELL he is going to listen to Slow Joe on anything.

Bubba was one of the sharpest "politicians" ever to hold that office after gleaning a pitiful 43% of the vote.  It's a damnable shame he could not use that gift for good.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 05:46:50 pm »
Bubba was one of the sharpest "politicians" ever to hold that office after gleaning a pitiful 43% of the vote.  It's a damnable shame he could not use that gift for good.

@Cyber Liberty

No kidding. He is not only in possession of a genius-level brain,he is also practically OOZING with charm. Charm and genius are rarely found in the same package.

Damn shame he is a sociopath.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 06:11:51 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

No kidding. He is not only in possession of a genius-level brain,he is also practically OOZING with charm. Charm and genius are rarely found in the same package.

Damn shame he is a sociopath.

@sneakypete

Agreed.  He could have been the best, but instead he's the second worst.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 02:26:16 pm »
Still a lot of time between now and the election.  I see no reason to delay it.

I booked a cruise in September, so that is how optimistic I am.

The virus is not going away, so we will need to adapt.   :pondering: