Author Topic: Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'  (Read 1053 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:32:46 pm »
Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'
By Zack Budryk - 04/02/20 09:00 AM EDT

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Thursday responded to reports that he has been given a personal security detail due to receiving threats, telling CBS’ Gayle King that despite the pressure he is facing, “it’s my job.”

"You know, it's my job. This is the life I've chosen, and I'm doing it," Fauci said. "I mean, obviously there's a lot of pressure. I would be foolish to deny that ... It's a job to do, and we've just got to do it."

“I’ve been through crises like this before,” he said, referring back to the HIV epidemic in the 1980s.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/490763-fauci-dismisses-death-threats-its-my-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 11:41:58 pm »
Like him or not, one would have to be pretty strange to make a death threat against Dr. Fauci.

But then again, there are some very "strange ones" out there...!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 11:19:06 am »
Like him or not, one would have to be pretty strange to make a death threat against Dr. Fauci.

When he starts advocating shutting down whole swaths of the economy indefinitely and "do(es)n't believe" it can cause permanent damage, why wouldn't he get death threats?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:47 am »
People who issue death threats are idiots, but this guy seems to misunderstand exactly what his "job" is. It isn't to destroy the U.S. economy.
April 2nd, 2020
Dr. Fauci: 10 Million Job Losses ‘Inconvenient’ But ‘We Just Have To Do It’
By  Amanda Prestigiacomo

Appearing on NBC’s “Today” show, Dr. Anthony Fauci, a leading voice on the White House coronavirus task force, called the stunning loss of 10 million American jobs in two weeks “inconvenient,” maintaining that the economic hit is a mere side effect of necessary COVID-19 precautions.

“This is inconvenient from an economic and a personal standpoint, but we just have to do it,” Fauci told host Savannah Guthrie, backing what is effectively a national 30-day stay-at-home order. ...
More at Daily Wire

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 01:29:10 pm »
People who issue death threats are idiots, but this guy seems to misunderstand exactly what his "job" is. It isn't to destroy the U.S. economy.More at Daily Wire
The guy is turning into a tyrant in a lab coat.

He said 30 days should be enough to quash this. If it isn't, he needs to be removed.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:45:17 pm »

I imagine that most death threats come from losers with no life -- the stereotypical 30 year old living in his mother's basement, banging away on his computer -- who don't have the energy to actually carry out a death threat. 

But in this day and age of Antifa and a slew of allegedly conservative, far-right groups, one cannot ignore  any death threat.  You're right; there are a lot of loose cannons out there.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 02:01:39 pm »
I imagine that most death threats come from losers with no life -- the stereotypical 30 year old living in his mother's basement, banging away on his computer -- who don't have the energy to actually carry out a death threat. 

But in this day and age of Antifa and a slew of allegedly conservative, far-right groups, one cannot ignore  any death threat.  You're right; there are a lot of loose cannons out there.
And all this mass psychological trauma is only going to make those cannons even looser.