Author Topic: Democratic lawmaker says she has tested positive for coronavirus three days after posing with Nancy  (Read 493 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8169283/Democratic-lawmaker-Pelosi-says-positive-coronavirus.html
New York Rep. Nydia Velazquez, who attended a bill ceremony with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Friday, has announced she has as 'presumed' coronavirus infection.

Velazquez, 67, chairs the House Small Business Committee at a time when the administration and Congress are trying to get billions into the hands of workers and their employers amid the coronavirus epidemic.

The Democrat was in Washington to vote on a $2.2 trillion bailout measure after GOP Rep. Thomas Massie objected to it passing on a voice vote, infuriating colleagues and President Trump.  Velazquez also attended the enrollment ceremony arranged by House Democratic leaders for the measure. Pelosi, 80, presided over the event, as NBC reported.
She provided detailed information on her health status, which appeared to be good despite her diagnosis – which stopped short of a a test for the virus, amid a shortage and major outbreak in her home of New York City. She represents parts of Brooklyn, Queens, and Lower Manhattan, among the top hot spots for the outbreak in the nation.

more at link

Anyone else see a problem with the headline?

Typhoid Massie is going to be blamed if a bunch of Congressmen get sick.  I already blame him for delaying funds for medical supplies and my $3,900 check for over a day, just so he could grandstand and pretend he was important...like my President who dragged his feet to respond...my Senate Majority Leader who took a 4 day weekend while the House passed a bill that Saturday....and my House Speaker who delayed until sufficient pork was added.  That's a lot of lost time and lives.  I'm just going to blame Masshole for a one-day delay, but it's going to be the deadliest day because he ain't important.

Today's Great American Thomas Massie Death Count stands at 1,049

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You left out your /sarc tag.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

You left out your /sarc tag.
I'm not joking about blaming deaths on Massie.

Online Smokin Joe

I'm not joking about blaming deaths on Massie.
Oh, my bad.
Who did he kill?
The orchestra at the Kennedy Center?--oh wait, their paychecks went out the back door to the DNC...

He stood up for the Constitution and made those people go on record, for or against.
I think, considering what we pay our Congresscritters, they can at least do that if they want to spend over 2 Trillion dollars we don't have. After all, they are getting paid, and a lot of us aren't.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oh, my bad.
Who did he kill?
The orchestra at the Kennedy Center?--oh wait, their paychecks went out the back door to the DNC...

by my count 1049 people but that figure will rise.

He stood up for the Constitution and made those people go on record, for or against.
I think, considering what we pay our Congresscritters, they can at least do that if they want to spend over 2 Trillion dollars we don't have. After all, they are getting paid, and a lot of us aren't.

He wasted a day for an ineffective self serving stunt. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/coronavirus-seoul-mayor-sues-south-korea-shincheonji-religious-group.html
The mayor of Seoul has sued key leaders of the Shincheonji religious group at the center of South Korea’s sudden surge in the number of confirmed cases for the new coronavirus.

Mayor Park Won-soon said on Facebook he was suing the key leaders of Shincheonji “for murder, injury and violation of prevention and management of infectious diseases,” according to a translation from NBC News.
This guy stood up for Religious Freedom.  Then he got down on his damnable knees and begged for forgiveness.

When do you think Massie will beg for our forgiveness.  He's got to ask to get it.

Online Smokin Joe

# THE
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 06:19:21 pm »
by my count 1049 people but that figure will rise.

He wasted a day for an ineffective self serving stunt. 

When do you think Massie will beg for our forgiveness.  He's got to ask to get it.
Well, since you have a count, Name them and provide evidence.

Show how he killed anyone. Otherwise you are making baseless accusations and flapping your lips gossiping (bearing false witness).

You are accusing this man of mass murder for having people come back and do the job that they should have done before they left.
I think he served us all.
Do you have a clue how much two trillion dollars is?
If you could put a dollar in a bucket every second, you would not live long enough to put two trillion dollars in, even if you lived to be 50,000 years old.
Where is it going?
There are more pages in the bill than people you allege killed. Why so many? What is in it?

Did anyone read the whole thing?

Does it say the graves of your ancestors will be violated and their bones scattered? You do not know, now, do you?

This is the problem with "emergency" legislation, passed in haste (so everyone could go on recess and GTFO of the infection hotspot that is D.C.--that was the driver of haste--not to help anyone with COVID-19, or there never would have been any contentious pork to begin with).
How many days did it take to stuff it with that? to remove it?
Even then, only some of the worst of the crap was scraped out of it.

Or is Congress like bad rock and roll? The louder and faster you play the fewer people will notice you screwed up?

As for delaying funds, how many medical supplies do you think are purchased with cash? On credit, purchase orders, etc. It can be weeks before actual funds are transferred, anyway. Buy now, pay later.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seoul is there, we are here. that religious group is IRRELEVANT here.
Shame on you for even trying that emotional bait and switch crap. It's intellectually dishonest and reflects badly on you.

C S Lewis

Re: # THE
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 06:38:02 pm »
Well, since you have a count, Name them and provide evidence.

Show how he killed anyone. Otherwise you are making baseless accusations and flapping your lips gossiping (bearing false witness).

1049 are the deaths from yesterday https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ I don't know when they will release the names of the dead.

You are accusing this man of mass murder for having people come back and do the job that they should have done before they left.

Exactly

I think he served us all.

You are entitled to have a wrong opinion in this country.

Do you have a clue how much two trillion dollars is?
If you could put a dollar in a bucket every second, you would not live long enough to put two trillion dollars in, even if you lived to be 50,000 years old.

If someone owed me $2Trillion and paid me in $1 dollar bills, I would have 2 Trillion of them.  Yeah I think I got it.

Where is it going?
There are more pages in the bill than people you allege killed. Why so many? What is in it?

Did anyone read the whole thing?

Irrelevant to my argument that his ineffective delaying stunt killed people.

Does it say the graves of your ancestors will be violated and their bones scattered? You do not know, now, do you?

Even more irrelevant.

This is the problem with "emergency" legislation, passed in haste (so everyone could go on recess and GTFO of the infection hotspot that is D.C.--that was the driver of haste--not to help anyone with COVID-19, or there never would have been any contentious pork to begin with).
How many days did it take to stuff it with that? to remove it?
Even then, only some of the worst of the crap was scraped out of it.

Or is Congress like bad rock and roll? The louder and faster you play the fewer people will notice you screwed up?

As for delaying funds, how many medical supplies do you think are purchased with cash? On credit, purchase orders, etc. It can be weeks before actual funds are transferred, anyway. Buy now, pay later.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're all over the place man.

Seoul is there, we are here. that religious group is IRRELEVANT here.
Shame on you for even trying that emotional bait and switch crap. It's intellectually dishonest and reflects badly on you.

I hope you won't think I'm being intellectually dishonest to say I think you're wrong, and I'll try not to let your disappointment in me keep me awake at night.

Thanks for your reply @Smokin Joe

Online Smokin Joe

Re: # THE
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 06:57:59 pm »
1049 are the deaths from yesterday https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ I don't know when they will release the names of the dead.
So you are accusing one man of killing people he never had contact with?
Exactly
How do you come up with that? If he never had contact with them, didn't harm them, didn't infect them, how can you presume that one day, more or less in the halls of Congress would make any difference in their clinical outcomes? YOU CANNOT.
You are entitled to have a wrong opinion in this country.
Obviously you are well familiar with and frequently exercise that entitlement.
If someone owed me $2Trillion and paid me in $1 dollar bills, I would have 2 Trillion of them.  Yeah I think I got it.
An obvious missing of the point, but if they paid you at the rate of $100/second, you would never live to collect it all, even if you lived another 100 years.

Irrelevant to my argument that his ineffective delaying stunt killed people.

Even more irrelevant.
You have failed to demonstrate how having people do their jobs in DC (i.e. go on record with a vote) has killed anyone.
You're all over the place man.
At least I didn't go from Washington D.C. to Seoul, South Korea where some guy was begging for forgiveness.
I hope you won't think I'm being intellectually dishonest to say I think you're wrong, and I'll try not to let your disappointment in me keep me awake at night.
Nope, I'm not going to call you intellectually dishonest for saying what you (incorrectly) think. And I would imagine someone who could accuse another of having the blood of over a thousand (or was that mucous) on their hands for having the Cowards of the Congress go back and do their jobs, well, let's hope he got the right thousand. 
Thanks for your reply @Smokin Joe
Oh anytime. De nada.

C S Lewis