Author Topic: Rick Perry Has a Dire Warning About the US Energy Sector Amid Wuhan Coronavirus Pandemic  (Read 621 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Townhall by Leah Barkoukis 4/1/2020

Rick Perry Has a Dire Warning About the US Energy Sector Amid Wuhan Coronavirus Pandemic

The nation is grappling with a virus that the White House coronavirus task force is warning could kill as many as 240,000 Americans. The economy has come to a grinding halt, and now, former Energy Secretary Rick Perry has another dire warning: the energy sector is on the verge of collapsing.

With Americans advised to slow the spread of the virus by staying home, and guidelines extending now to April 30th, car and air travel have plummeted, which means so too has the demand for oil.

"Our capacity is full and the Saudis are flooding this market with cheap oil," Perry told Fox News’s Tucker Carlson. "I'm telling you, we are on the verge of a massive collapse of an industry that we worked awfully hard over the course of the last three or four years to build up to the No. 1 oil and gas producing country in the world, giving Americans some affordable energy resources.

More: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/04/01/rick-perry-has-a-dire-warning-about-the-us-energy-sector-amid-wuhan-coronavirus-n2566125

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I definitely saw this interview. Tough times. This is all beyond belief, I think oil did have a slight rebound.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Three of Four years?
Try the last two decades.
And, yeah, that is the aim of the Saudis right now, to bankrupt American companies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis