Author Topic: Who Are the Voters Behind Trump's Higher Approval Rating?  (Read 261 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who Are the Voters Behind Trump's Higher Approval Rating?
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »
Who Are the Voters Behind Trump's Higher Approval Rating?
[The New York Times]
Trip Gabriel and Lisa Lerer
,The New York Times•April 1, 2020

Justin Penn, a Pittsburgh voter who calls himself politically independent, favored Joe Biden in a matchup with President Donald Trump until recently. But the president’s performance during the coronavirus outbreak has Penn reconsidering.

“I think he’s handled it pretty well,” he said of the president, whose daily White House appearances Penn catches on Facebook after returning from his job as a bank security guard. “I think he’s tried to keep people calm,” he said. “I know some people don’t think he’s taking it seriously, but I think he’s doing the best with the information he had.”

Although Penn, 40, said he did not vote for Trump, his opinion of the president has improved recently and he very well might back him for a second term.

Across the country, the coronavirus has sickened more than 150,000 people, cost millions their jobs and tanked the stock market. Yet the president’s approval ratings are as high as they have ever been, despite what most agree to be his slow performance dealing with the crisis, as well as his record of falsehoods about the virus, his propensity to push ideas and treatments that contradict expert advice, and his habit of lashing out at governors on the front lines.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/voters-behind-trumps-higher-approval-122519015.html?guccounter=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34