Author Topic: As death toll mounts, Trump and press keep bashing each other  (Read 803 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.foxnews.com/media/as-death-toll-mounts-trump-and-press-keep-bashing-each-other

As the fast-moving tragedy unfolds -- more than 3,000 Americans having died from the coronavirus, and the toll projected to reach at least 200,000 -- one thing hasn’t changed.

Some media people are still demanding that television blackout President Trump’s virus briefings, and Trump is again picking daily fights with reporters.

My gut reaction: How bad do things have to be in the United States of America for the two sides to cool it and forge a better working relationship?

But when I express such sentiments, the virulent reaction on Twitter tells a different story. Trump boosters say the media are unpatriotic scum who would rather destroy the country than be fair to a courageous president. Trump haters say the president is responsible for untold numbers of deaths and can’t rise above his petty attacks on journalists and political opponents. The Boston Globe just went there in an editorial, saying Trump has “blood on his hands” -- the same phrase that Chuck Todd used in a question to Joe Biden, who said on “Meet the Press” that those words were too harsh.

In short, maybe each side mirrors the raw emotions of its base in a hugely polarized country on edge over a pandemic.

more at link...

This story was published 8 hours ago but underestimates deaths "more than 3,000 Americans having died" by over 40%.  4,394 dead now.

Offline skeeter

Re: As death toll mounts, Trump and press keep bashing each other
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/as-death-toll-mounts-trump-and-press-keep-bashing-each-other

more at link...

This story was published 8 hours ago but underestimates deaths "more than 3,000 Americans having died" by over 40%.  4,394 dead now.

If the teeny boppers in the news media would cease trying to outdo one another ingratiating themselves with the DNC & revert to simply doing their damn jobs during this difficult time I’m sure Trump would happily stop ‘picking fights’ with them.

After all he does have his hands full with other things right now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:11:30 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »
No, the MSM are bashing and barraging Trump with gotcha-laden faux-questions, and Trump is responding in-kind. Were the MSM "reporters" to cease with the gotchas, Trump would cease the responsive criticisms.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 05:55:14 pm »
No, the MSM are bashing and barraging Trump with gotcha-laden faux-questions, and Trump is responding in-kind. Were the MSM "reporters" to cease with the gotchas, Trump would cease the responsive criticisms.

Whereas, Dumbya just stood there and took it, during Katrina.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 06:03:10 pm »

more at link...

President Trump on Feb. 10
“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 06:39:48 pm »
Trolls gotta troll....  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:11 pm »
Trolls gotta troll....  *****rollingeyes*****

Adults should want to hold people accountable for what they say.
Adults should want to be held accountable for what they say.
Especially Presidents of the United States, as they have a helluva megaphone.  :patriot:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 07:03:25 pm »

Especially Presidents of the United States, as they have a helluva megaphone.  :patriot:

He wasn't telling people to go 'party in Chinatown' as Pelosi did, he was trying to remain optimistic.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:10:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 07:10:32 pm »
If the teeny boppers in the news media would cease trying to outdo one another ingratiating themselves with the DNC & revert to simply doing their damn jobs during this difficult time I’m sure Trump would happily stop ‘picking fights’ with them.

After all he does have his hands full with other things right now.

:thumbsup:
Everything is being worded to be negative for POTUS.  LIKE IT IS A SPORT.  The people are ignorant and want a Communist country.  POTUS is not picking fights...MEDIA IS.  All  backwards.  They can't stand that he is a positive person. He addressed that.  Now media is unhappy,  that he is a positive person!   What should he say?  'you are all going to die'.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 07:14:55 pm »

:thumbsup:
Everything is being worded to be negative for POTUS.  LIKE IT IS A SPORT.  The people are ignorant and want a Communist country.  POTUS is not picking fights...MEDIA IS.  All  backwards.  They can't stand that he is a positive person. He addressed that.  Now media is unhappy,  that he is a positive person!   What should he say?  'you are all going to die'.

I suspect that if most, including myself, had to endure half of what this guy has had to put up with over the past three years they'd be rolled in a ball sucking their thumbs.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 07:26:42 pm »
Headline is a half truth.

Trump counterpunches. We know this about him. Disrespect the presidency or his administration, expect exactly the same back. It’s as predictable as the sunrise.

Since the press today is nothing but than a political instrument of the democrat party and can no longer be trusted as a legitimate news source, Trump is understandably on guard against the dissemination of false information. Hence, the frequent sparring.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 07:27:12 pm »

Yes!  I love people who have clear minds.  .    :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »
I suspect that if most, including myself, had to endure half of what this guy has had to put up with over the past three years they'd be rolled in a ball sucking their thumbs.

Yes, I agree. This is UN-HOLY what communists are doing to my POTUS. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 07:30:40 pm »

Trump counterpunches. We know this about him. Disrespect the presidency or his administration, expect exactly the same back. It’s as predictable as the sunrise.

Since the press today is nothing but than a political instrument of the democrat party and can no longer be trusted as a legitimate news source, Trump is understandably on guard against the dissemination of false information. Hence, the frequent sparring.

Hi, good to see you.  And YES..you are correct.   888high58888:patriot:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 07:56:03 pm »

I love the new Avatar, @skeeter!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 08:11:47 pm »

As a:  "Public Health-Middle East-National Security Expert" in/from NJ you ought to familiarize yourself with how America and the press, responded to Pearl Harbor.

I believe you will NOT find hostility to FDR.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Offline berdie

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 08:25:56 pm »

Well, I wouldn't be rolled up in a ball. But I would definitely say...I'm blowing this popsicle stand. Good luck, Mike.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 08:45:13 pm »
As a:  "Public Health-Middle East-National Security Expert" in/from NJ you ought to familiarize yourself with how America and the press, responded to Pearl Harbor.

I believe you will NOT find hostility to FDR.

The Public Health-Middle East-National Security Expert is Sir Jared of New York. He's also a Trade Expert-Criminal Justice Expert-Modernization Expert-Pardons Expert, but I ran out of space.

As far as drawing correlation to 1941 is concerned, you may be right. I don't believe it is prudent to do so because society as a whole is so much more debased, degraded, and debauched. Would 1941 America have even conceived of electing a man with Clinton or Trump's known moral failings? We already know that it damn sure couldn't conceive of electing Obama.  :silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 08:48:37 pm »

Nice spin.   888mouth

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 08:55:27 pm »

@alligncare @PeteS in CA Thanx for your response.  I agree the MSM couldn't hate our President more, but the same is true of President Trump hating the media.  Both parties think they are justifiably victimized by the other, and this has been going on for 4 years so I don't know why you deny it.

In the President's defense I have seen a remarkable effort to reach out to the bottom-feeding scum, and praise and thank the fair coverage, over the last 2 weeks.  It's especially noticeable in his written material.  It only takes one side to stop responding in-kind to break the cycle, but then our President will face criticism of acting like Dubya during Katrina. 

The MSM is floating the idea of not carrying Trump live...maybe they are doing it, I don't know I'm watching live feeds on the internet.  I don't need to watch anything standing between me and my President.  My President is daily explaining our national response and spends 2 hours answering their nasty questions like "Mr. President, do you take any responsibility?"  Despite our President stepping in it too often, his ratings will stay very high but the MSM rating will fall.  In fact many news outlets are quitting right now from loss of advertising dollars. The MSM should think about why people are tuning them out.

Trump: "Ultimately, the buck stops with me. As president, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people, and when the system fails, it is my responsibility.”

April Fools it was Barack Obama.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 08:59:45 pm »
Nice spin.   888mouth

Not sure what you mean, but it doesn't matter.
I'm such a fan of the shade you throw in your posts that you have given me almost as many laughs as Trump has.
I hope everything is right in Virginia with you and yours.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 01:40:48 am »
Adversity tests Character, forcing Man to look at himself and examine his
beliefs;a far greater test for Modern Man than for his ancestors; yet why?.
From Adam till the French Enlightenment, Man had a rigorous spiritual
sensibility that fortified him during periods of stress and suffering.
Then the Enlightenment ushered in the goal of material betterment as
man's higher aspiration, effectively blurring his spiritual sense.
We are in the midst of this Viral Pandemic and where is our focus???
* whether or not we should restrict Man to his home.
* where and when will our hospital supplies arrive.
* who is to blame for our lack of awareness, and on and on.
Material considerations all and of no help to Man in facing the
ultimate question; am I prepared to meet the Almighty and give an
account of my life???
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:50:30 am by Absalom »

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 03:06:13 am »

Not sure what you mean, but it doesn't matter.
I'm such a fan of the shade you throw in your posts that you have given me almost as many laughs as Trump has.
I hope everything is right in Virginia with you and yours.

The brilliance of this reply eluded me the first time I read it @FeelNoPain  :hands:

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 04:04:34 am »
The brilliance of this reply eluded me the first time I read it @FeelNoPain  :hands:

888high58888

This board is magical. Laugh a lot and learn a lot in the same place.

I can't wait to read it in November.

I do miss reading the posts of edpc and CatherineofAragorn, though.