Author Topic: Barack Obama Suggests Donald Trump ‘Denied’ Coronavirus Warnings  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering 31 Mar 2020

Former President Barack Obama suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that President Donald Trump “denied” warnings of the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’ve seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic,” Obama wrote.

The former president shared an article on Twitter about Trump rolling back fuel economy standards, and also accused the president of “climate denial.”

Barack Obama
✔
@BarackObama

We've seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic. We can't afford any more consequences of climate denial. All of us, especially young people, have to demand better of our government at every level and vote this fall.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/31/barack-obama-suggests-donald-trump-denied-coronavirus-warnings/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Obama refused to shut down US - Mexico border after CDC and WHO issued H1N1 pandemic alert
American Thinker, Apr1, 2020, M. Catharine Evans

Once again, Barack Obama has opened the door to reviewing his 2009 response to what the CDC then called the "first global flu pandemic in 40 years." 

In a tweet accusing President Trump of being in denial about the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change, the former president cited an LA Times article on the administration's new policy to roll back Obama's 2012 environmentally friendly fuel efficiency standards.

This is rich coming from a president whose denial of the H1N1 pandemic early on may have led to tens of millions more infections and thousands of more deaths than otherwise would have happened.

During his two terms as president, Obama left our borders wide open to all kinds of infectious diseases the United States had rid itself of almost a century ago. So looking back to April 29, 2009, a day after the CDC issued Interim Guidance on Closing Schools and Childcare Facilities, recommending a 7-day dismissal in affected schools and childcare facilities with laboratory-confirmed cases of the swine flu, it's no surprise Obama told a White House reporter, on the advice of his hourly discussions with his public health officials, that closing our southern border would be "akin to closing the barn door after the horses were out."

From whitehousearchives.gov:

Q    Thank you, Mr. President.  With the flu outbreak spreading and worsening, can you talk about whether you think it's time to close the border with Mexico, and whether -- under what conditions you might consider quarantining, when that might be appropriate?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, first of all, as I said, this is a cause for deep concern, but not panic...

I've consulted with our public health officials extensively on a day-to-day basis, in some cases, an hour-to-hour basis.  At this point they have not recommended a border closing.  From their perspective it would be akin to closing the barn door after the horses are out, because we already have cases here in the United States.  We have ramped up screening efforts, as well as made sure that additional supplies are there on the border so that we can prepare in the eventuality that we have to do more than we're doing currently.

But the most important thing right now that public health officials have indicated is that we treat this the same way that we would treat other flu outbreaks, just understanding that because this is a new strain we don't yet know how it will respond.

[...]

The same person accusing President Trump of being in denial regarding the coronavirus continued his open border policy with Mexico throughout the year-long swine flu pandemic. The virus ended up claiming nearly 13,000 lives, including 317 children, and infecting over 60 million..

In contrast to President Trump's early travel bans to contain the virus, Barack Obama, by his own admission, refused to "close the barn door."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/04/obama_refused_to_shut_down_us__mexico_border_after_cdc_and_who_issued_h1n1_pandemic_alert.html   

Offline dfwgator

Look who crawled out from the slime.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Obama's lying. For more details, the top of my signature.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa:  Thank you @PeteS in CA for the great research!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline oldno7

Very well done!

Would you mind it being copied to other sites?

Offline PeteS in CA

Very well done!

Would you mind it being copied to other sites?

It's already on Conservative Cave and Conservative Underground (where I post as "SVPete"). Other than not duplicating there, feel free.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Obama is a POS, and should never be heard from again.  He is lucky to be walking around.  If we had justice in this country, he would have long ago been indicted and convicted of his many crimes.

Online libertybele

Obama is a POS, and should never be heard from again.  He is lucky to be walking around.  If we had equal justice in this country, he would have long ago been indicted and convicted of his many crimes.

Agreed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What warnings? From what source?

There were lies from the Chinese and the WHO, but no warnings.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I navigate to “the top of my signature?” Where is the top of your signature? Anyone?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I navigate to “the top of my signature?” Where is the top of your signature? Anyone?

The top of his signature is the coronavirus timeline link.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:57:36 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

See the link just below the fine line above all the bit at the bottom of his post.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

See the link just below the fine line above all the bit at the bottom of his post.

Thanks @Smokin Joe and @bigheadfred . But, I’m still lost. I can’t find any link at the top of @PeteS in CA  signature.

I’m beginning to suspect it has something to do with my look and layout profile in settings, because as far as I can tell there are no links at the bottom of pete’s post or above his signature.  :shrug:

Offline skeeter

The ol' 'a lie told often enough' ploy.

I see that time hasn't made Obama any more honest.

Online corbe

@aligncare there is a checkbox in 'Look and Layout' within your Profile settings that is associated with turning on/off Signatures.  Hope this helps.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

@aligncare there is a checkbox in 'Look and Layout' within your Profile settings that is associated with turning on/off Signatures.  Hope this helps.

Thanks @corbe   taking a look now...

Offline aligncare

Bingo! That’s exactly it! You da man, @corbe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Charlie Spiering 31 Mar 2020

Former President Barack Obama suggested on Twitter on Tuesday that President Donald Trump “denied” warnings of the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’ve seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic,” Obama wrote.

The former president shared an article on Twitter about Trump rolling back fuel economy standards, and also accused the president of “climate denial.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/31/barack-obama-suggests-donald-trump-denied-coronavirus-warnings/

@mystery-ak

Anyone else recall a former president getting him/herself involved in presidential politics after leaving office?

Yet,here comes Bathhouse Barry,the biggest poser and the biggest fool to ever occupy that office,and sticks his fool head into the mix.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The ol' 'a lie told often enough' ploy.

I see that time hasn't made Obama any more honest.

@skeeter

IMNSHO,it is not that he is honest or dishonest,it is that he is so freaking stupid he doesn't know the difference.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@mystery-ak

Anyone else recall a former president getting him/herself involved in presidential politics after leaving office?

Yet,here comes Bathhouse Barry,the biggest poser and the biggest fool to ever occupy that office,and sticks his fool head into the mix.
Some puppeteer has their 'hand in' again.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

@skeeter

IMNSHO,it is not that he is honest or dishonest,it is that he is so freaking stupid he doesn't know the difference.

No, Obama just knows all of his fanbois are freaking stupid.