Author Topic: Paying $4.79 a Gallon, California Didn’t Get the Cheap Gas Memo  (Read 831 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

At least there’s this: The average price for a gallon of gasoline in the U.S. has fallen below $2 for the first time in four years.

That’s average -- which California is not. As crude oil prices have tanked, depressed by the coronavirus pandemic and the market-share war between Saudi Arabia and Russia, at least a dozen service stations in the Golden State were charging more than $4 as of Monday, according to the tracker GasBuddy. One unnamed location in Santa Clara, near the heart of Silicon Valley, was demanding the most that GasBuddy’s research found in the state: $4.79.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/paying-4-79-gallon-california-000357570.html
It is increasingly becoming obvious that those who choose to remain in California who have the ability to flee but do not are not quite stable.

I paid $1.49 per gallon recently when I filled up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
"Old" article or outliers...my local Costco gas station in Central California is at $2.19/gallon. Not bad considering that the CA taxes are 91 cents/gallon (CA gas = $1.28 before taxes).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Old" article or outliers...my local Costco gas station in Central California is at $2.19/gallon. Not bad considering that the CA taxes are 91 cents/gallon (CA gas = $1.28 before taxes).

71% taxation is an example of government criminality.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
71% taxation is an example of government criminality.
Yep, I agree.  The "official"/often quoted CA gas tax is about 61 cents/gallon, but I include the often overlooked "carbon tax" added at the wholesale or manufacturing level...right around 31 cents/gallon.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
$1.89/gallon, 87 octane here (AKA "Regular"). The lowest price I have seen in 15 years, but when it was $4 I could afford it. better.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

Here they pay you to take it.   happy77