Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh questions Trump's coronavirus team: 'How do we know they're even health experts?'  (Read 1982 times)

Offline musiclady

So no one is allowed to disagree with almighty Rush -- just as no one is allowed to express a contrary opinion of almighty Trump?

Ok.   *****rollingeyes*****

That's certainly how it seems, isn't it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

So no one is allowed to disagree with almighty Rush -- just as no one is allowed to express a contrary opinion of almighty Trump?

Ok.   *****rollingeyes*****

Sounds like you don't like anyone disagreeing with you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's certainly how it seems, isn't it?

It's not that at all.   Just describing my observation.

Am I not allowed to be fascinated??    :seeya:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's fascinating to see the usual Cimici come out biting with their pompous opinions for a man whom they have no use.     :smokin:
It's different.  While I hate the President and what he has done to the GOP, I still love Rush and I actually pity him and what he sacrificed at the alter of the conman.

Offline musiclady

It's not that at all.   Just describing my observation.

Am I not allowed to be fascinated??    :seeya:

When someone you once trusted as a Conservative proves clearly not to be so, and proves to be no more than a dishonest entertainer, it's OK to not respect him any more.

That's the way the real world works.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

When someone you once trusted as a Conservative proves clearly not to be so, and proves to be no more than a dishonest entertainer, it's OK to not respect him any more.

That's the way the real world works.

Yawn...  but no disrespect intended.   I'm done.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Absalom

Yep.  I stopped listening to Rush the same time that I stopped watching Fox...... when they all fell head over heels in love with their precious Donald.
It was like starting to breathe fresh air.
I’ve never regretted my freedom for one second.
-------------------------------
While history's greatest minds learned from their peers; yet their own opinions were self-created.
You already know this but sadly the msm, all of it, is nothing but a vehicle for entertainment,
regardless of the subject.
Further you have no need of the Limbaugh's & Trump's in life, as you can stand on your own two feet.

Offline Mesaclone

That's great @Mesaclone  ...the story is about what Rush said yesterday.  Thanx

Well, evidently he revisited the same topic today and everything he expressed was reasonable...I've not seen anything in this thread to indicate he was any less rational yesterday. What specifically is it your asserting here...what was different in his message yesterday from his common sense outlook on the situation given today?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

Sounds like you don't like anyone disagreeing with you.

Bingo.

Folks in this thread are mad at Rush because he's not a NeverTrumper...Rush's sane approach and support of the President offends them. As such, we get silly threads like this where folks vent that Rush is a "sell out" an "entertainer" and "not a real conservative"...but the truth is Rush is not just A conservative, he is THE conservative. And remains staunchly so. He has not changed, these folks have themselves lost touch with reason via TDS, and it is THEY who have changed.

But they generally don't want to have their construct challenged...and when it is...they fall back on the idea that everyone else is a blind-zombie Trump follower/phony conservative...or a sellout. We're not to criticize them, in their view, as that would make us intolerant and Trump worshippers...its just a new spin on the old liberal victimology method.

Offline musiclady

Yawn...  but no disrespect intended.   I'm done.

No disrespect taken.

You want everybody to like who you like.

It’s an understandable feeling.........

If you’re twelve.  wink777

Offline Applewood

Bingo.

Folks in this thread are mad at Rush because he's not a NeverTrumper...Rush's sane approach and support of the President offends them. As such, we get silly threads like this where folks vent that Rush is a "sell out" an "entertainer" and "not a real conservative"...but the truth is Rush is not just A conservative, he is THE conservative. And remains staunchly so. He has not changed, these folks have themselves lost touch with reason via TDS, and it is THEY who have changed.

But they generally don't want to have their construct challenged...and when it is...they fall back on the idea that everyone else is a blind-zombie Trump follower/phony conservative...or a sellout. We're not to criticize them, in their view, as that would make us intolerant and Trump worshippers...its just a new spin on the old liberal victimology method.

Oh, for crying out loud.  What I said was that Limbaugh should look at Dr. Fauci's credentials and employment history with six presidents  before he shoots his mouth off about the doctor's expertise. 

But I guess Limbaugh is like Trump in that he shoots first, asks questions later.  And maybe Trump supporters like that quality in both men. 

Whatever.

Online LMAO

My introduction to Rush Limbaugh was about the time when the Clintons were trying to foist Hillary care on the country

He would play clips of Bill and Hillary Clinton claiming something about the bill and then would go read what the bill actually said and the page it was on  to counteract the Clintons claims

He was doing the job the journalist at that time should have been doing. I’ve always understood that Rush is a conservative commentator with a conservative bias. A fact that he doesn’t deny or hide

Limbaugh is at his best when he sticks to discussing issues  from a conservative point of view. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:55:29 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Well, evidently he revisited the same topic today and everything he expressed was reasonable...I've not seen anything in this thread to indicate he was any less rational yesterday. What specifically is it your asserting here...what was different in his message yesterday from his common sense outlook on the situation given today?
I didn't listen today, but you can catch what we are all talking about by starting at the top of the thread and reading the article, then follow on down to read the posts of others.  Good luck @Mesaclone

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My daughter is an RN working at a 500+ bed hospital in Texas. She reports tonight that the current occupancy at that hospital is 60 patients. Staff is expecting furloughs at any time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

That won't work with this one.

The discussion at hand is irrelevant when you can insult the intelligence and honor of Briefers.

He's been doing that since the very first day he came on the scene here.

Don't expect him to reform......
@musiclady last week I got so frustrated repeating myself that I told @Mesaclone I was putting him on ignore.  Last night I informed him I took him off mute and he responded he didn't even know I put him on ignore...even though he responded to my initial declaration.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395732.msg2175899.html#msg2175899

I don't think @Mesaclone argues disingenuously on purpose.  If you've known anyone with memory problems you know how frustrated and angry the person eventually becomes because of the confusion that comes with it.

Offline Mesaclone

@musiclady last week I got so frustrated repeating myself that I told @Mesaclone I was putting him on ignore.  Last night I informed him I took him off mute and he responded he didn't even know I put him on ignore...even though he responded to my initial declaration.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395732.msg2175899.html#msg2175899

I don't think @Mesaclone argues disingenuously on purpose.  If you've known anyone with memory problems you know how frustrated and angry the person eventually becomes because of the confusion that comes with it.

Wow. Just wow.

Offline Mesaclone

The discussion at hand is irrelevant when you can insult the intelligence and honor of Briefers.

I read it all...all it contains is some out of context critiques of Rush's commentary and some deceptive and rather unsupportable conclusions. Figured there most be more considering the bizarre conclusions made by posters in the thread about Rush...guess not.

Online DCPatriot

Bingo.

@Mesaclone    :beer:

Folks are mad at Rush because he realizes he has no choice but to pass this horrendous $2Trillion in order to jump-start this economy.

For anybody alive in this world today, Pres. Trump's economy is...shit, WAS the best anyone's ever seen and witnessed.

But THAT fact takes a back seat whenever a Conservative allows Congress to spend $$$...even 'Monopoly' money.

Offline Mesaclone

Oh, for crying out loud.  What I said was that Limbaugh should look at Dr. Fauci's credentials and employment history with six presidents  before he shoots his mouth off about the doctor's expertise. 

But I guess Limbaugh is like Trump in that he shoots first, asks questions later.  And maybe Trump supporters like that quality in both men. 

Whatever.

Rush did not say that Fauci was unqualified nor that he lacked strong credentials. And...I'd venture a guess he knows in detail what Fauci's resume looks like. His point was not about asserting Fauci to be ill informed or lacking in expertise...but rather...to point out that Fauci is not an entirely impartial arbiter of scientific opinion amongst all pandemic experts. Sorry you missed the real point of Rush's commentary.

Offline roamer_1

[...] you can catch what we are all talking about by starting at the top of the thread and reading the article, then follow on down to read the posts of others. [...]

WOW. Now that's a weird idea... Where'd you come up with that?
I dunno. Seems funny.

Offline Mesaclone

Oh, get over yourself. We disagreed on something 4 years ago and you just can't let it go that I dared disagree with you. Newsflash, people often disagree...even amongst conservatives. Its OK, no need to get all "feelings" about it. I've never once been mean or rude to you...just have different views on some things.

Offline musiclady

Hard to psycho-analyze somebody who makes no sense.

At any rate, I’m not sure why Trump fans are defending Rush, who seems to think the god-man has been duped.

In this particular case I have a lot more confidence in the President than they do.

They must love this Rush guy to the moon and back.  :laugh:

Online Right_in_Virginia

You didn’t just disagree with me, son.  You made sweeping accusations of practically every person on the forum.

And as someone who is loyal to a fault about this forum, I still found your grandiose entrance here laughable.  Since your ignominious splash here four years ago, I have found you to be pretty much irrelevant.

But it’s great to talk with you again.  Brings back your hilarious “Dem plant” grand entrance that still makes me chortle.  :silly:

My unsought advice @Mesaclone  ... just walk away.  Some folks are relentless attention seekers.,,, she is one of them.

Looking forward to meeting up on another thread.   happy77   :beer:

Offline Mesaclone

My unsought advice @Mesaclone  ... just walk away.  Some folks are relentless attention seekers.,,, she is one of them.

Looking forward to meeting up on another thread.   happy77   :beer:

I concur...the childishness of her last post was more than a dead giveaway. On to other threads of more relevance!

Offline GrouchoTex

As of today, it seems as if President Trump is going along with these experts that Rush is lamenting about.
I an okay with the way President Trump and the team have done things so far.
China wasn't forthcoming and the WHO was basically parroting what China was telling them.
What could anyone do?
GI-GO, right?
I'm not happy about some of the freedoms lost (Pastors arrested, gun sales banned, door-to door searches), but who is?
Oddly, those things are on local governments, and not on the Fedgov, for a bizarre change.
Normally, abiding by the 10th amendment keeps the first 9 in order, but not in every state or situation, so it seems.
Rush is wrong here.