Author Topic: Rush: The Virus Crisis Has Unleashed a Wave of Innovation  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: The Virus Crisis Has Unleashed a Wave of Innovation
« on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:12 pm »

The Virus Crisis Has Unleashed a Wave of Innovation

Mar 30, 2020

RUSH: By the way, folks, here’s just an example of some of the innovation that’s taking place out there. Also, do you realize for the first time since 1940 there is not a single American automobile being made on the assembly line today? Everything has been converted to other products such as ventilators, masks, you name it, we are not manufacturing a single automobile. But there are plenty on the lots out there, as you drive by, if you’re allowed to leave your home.

The government of Florida, Ron DeSantis, is doing a great job, 60% approval rating, has just shut down South Florida. Governor DeSantis has just issued a stay-at-home order for the counties of South Florida, including Palm Beach, Miami-Dade, Broward. It just happened. But here’s an example of some of the innovation out there. The Mercedes team and academics at University College London took just four days to produce the first CPAP device, continuous positive airways pressure device, 100 of which are now going into clinical trials as a hospital in north London. This is to supplant or aid the ventilator business.

What CPAP does — I have one. And I’ll tell you what, I’ve thought that if I should ever succumb to this disease or get it, the first thing I would do is put the CPAP machine on. It just blows air through your system. You keep your mouth open and it just ventilates. It’s for a people that have sleep apnea. And if you stop breathing 15, 20, or more times a minute, the CPAP machine is designed to prevent that. As it says here, it’s continuous positive airway pressure. So it’s a quasi-ventilator. And the Mercedes team University College have taken just four days to produce one that would not be the kind that you would get for sleep apnea. This would be a smaller unit that would just force air in, not nearly as sophisticated in terms of programming and how you can deal with stopping breathing ’cause that’s not the problem.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/03/30/the-virus-crisis-has-unleashed-a-wave-of-innovation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34