Author Topic: FDA Gives Emergency Authorization of Hydroxychloroquine Use  (Read 756 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FDA Gives Emergency Authorization of Hydroxychloroquine Use
« on: March 30, 2020, 01:51:40 pm »
Joel B. Pollak 29 Mar 2020

The Food And Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency authorization Sunday for hydroxychloroquine, a drug already used to treat malaria and other ailments, which has shown anecdotal efficacy against coronavirus.

The use of the drug — often paired with azithromycin — has not yet been proven in clinical trials to be effective against the disease. However, given reported success in a growing number of small, non-randomized studies; as well as testimonials from doctors and patients about the use of the “off-label” drug regimen, doctors are said to be prescribing the treatment to patients who are severely ill. Anecdotally, many doctors are taking it prophylactically.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/29/fda-gives-emergency-authorization-of-hydroxychloroquine-use/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:09:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: FDA Gives Emergency Authorization of Hydroxychloroquine Use
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 05:46:43 pm »
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to BARDA to allow hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated to the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible.

Your move, Governors of Michigan and Nevada.  Are you going to yank the licenses of Doctors who prescribe the drugs in accordance with FDA rules?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 06:00:37 pm »
...so far...MSM doesn't see to be reporting this.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 06:06:59 pm »
Yahoo is now reporting.  So I would hope that we will start seeing some results that more people are living and the severity of this virus is being diminished.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fda-approves-emergency-use-of-malaria-pill-for-covid-19-treatment-133908197.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:29:40 pm »
As I recall, the pharmacology included Zinc Sulfate, which the Hydroxychloroquine permitted into the cells, disrupting viral replication.
 It was 200mg of hydroxychloroquine, taken twice daily for five days, with 500mg Azithromycin once daily for five days, and Zinc Sulfate, 200 mg once daily for five days, taken concurrently.

Leave out the zinc sulfate, and the virus does not get inhibited as well as it could (Azithromycin appears to have some inhibiting effect, but not on par with the zinc)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:31:45 pm »
As I recall, the pharmacology included Zinc Sulfate, which the Hydroxychloroquine permitted into the cells, disrupting viral replication.
 It was 200mg of hydroxychloroquine, taken twice daily for five days, with 500mg Azithromycin once daily for five days, and Zinc Sulfate, 200 mg once daily for five days, taken concurrently.

Leave out the zinc sulfate, and the virus does not get inhibited as well as it could (Azithromycin appears to have some inhibiting effect, but not on par with the zinc)

We're learning, and the bureaucrats are adjusting their attitudes.  It won't last.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 09:33:19 pm »
We're learning, and the bureaucrats are adjusting their attitudes.  It won't last.
My concern is that they will try a less effective pharmacology, getting two of the three and then pronounce less than optimal results a failure...justifying continued lockdown and needless death, not only of individuals, but the economy as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:38:23 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 09:35:16 pm »
My concern is that they will try a less effective pharmacology, getting tow of the three and then pronounce less than optimal results a failure...justifying continued lockdown and needless death, not only of individuals, but the economy as well.

That's my concern as well.  If the population decide it's too much and stop complying, the government will lose all the control they have presently. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 09:39:02 pm »
That's my concern as well.  If the population decide it's too much and stop complying, the government will lose all the control they have presently.
Or have to take more drastic measures to maintain it.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 09:56:40 pm »
Trump says US officials should have ‘good idea’ if malaria drug works on coronavirus in three days
CNBC. Mar 30, 2020

President Donald Trump said U.S. health officials should have a “good idea” whether an anti-malaria drug being tested as a treatment for COVID-19 is effective in fighting the coronavirus in “the next three days.”

“Hydroxychloroquine is something that I have been pushing very hard,” Trump said Monday morning during an interview on Fox News. “I think we’re going to have a good idea over the next three days because it’s been used now in New York at my request -- 1,100 people. It’s been used. I think that’s better than testing it in a laboratory. But the doctors tell me no.”

There are no proven therapies for the treatment of COVID-19 and U.S. health officials expect a vaccine could take 12 to 18 months.

New York state last week began the first large-scale clinical trial using a combination of chloroquine and Azithromycin to treat the coronavirus after the Food and Drug Administration fast-tracked the approval process.

More:  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/trump-says-us-officials-should-have-good-idea-if-malaria-drug-works-on-coronavirus-in-three-days.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:06 pm »
Or have to take more drastic measures to maintain it.

Correct.  That's likely to happen.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 10:01:46 pm »
"Anecdotally, many doctors are taking it prophylactically."

That means they don't fear serious harm from using it.

Impresses me "Bigly"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 11:28:58 pm »
"Anecdotally, many doctors are taking it prophylactically."

That means they don't fear serious harm from using it.

Impresses me "Bigly"
Nah, it just means they have a significantly greater fear of the disease than the possible drug side effects. Likely they have read the part that says how many of those who took them experienced what and have decided the risk is lower than with the SARS COV-2 virus.

C S Lewis

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 04:28:10 pm »
Steven Crowder
Verified accountï‚™ @scrowder 

LAST WEEK: Trump mocked for suggesting "sanitizing masks" and the drug Chloroquine. TODAY: Technology can sanitize 120,000 masks/day and Chloroquine has been approved by FDA for #CoronaVirus. Any questions?

2:24 PM - 30 Mar 2020

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1244737383410675714

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 04:48:01 pm »
The real test: How many “journalists” who have dismissed hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin in COVID patients would say no to taking it themselves if seriously ill?— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) March 31, 2020

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 04:50:46 pm »
My concern is that they will try a less effective pharmacology, getting two of the three and then pronounce less than optimal results a failure...justifying continued lockdown and needless death, not only of individuals, but the economy as well.

Don't know much about the FDA commissioner other than he's from TX:

Dr. Stephen M. Hahn
@SteveFDA
·
2h
FDA issued 2 #COVID19 diagnostic emergency use authorizations (EUAs): to NeuMoDx for its NeuMoDxâ„¢ SARS-CoV-2 Assay & to Qiagen for its QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel https://fda.gov/medical-device

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 10:49:06 pm »
Don't know much about the FDA commissioner other than he's from TX:

Dr. Stephen M. Hahn
@SteveFDA
·
2h
FDA issued 2 #COVID19 diagnostic emergency use authorizations (EUAs): to NeuMoDx for its NeuMoDxâ„¢ SARS-CoV-2 Assay & to Qiagen for its QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel https://fda.gov/medical-device

Well, testing is important, too, but those tests aren't treatments.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 02:26:38 pm »
Azithromycin is a good anti-biotic, should a bacteria strain develop as well as the Virus.
It is commonly used for COPD flare-ups, which I had in late January.
For the COPD flare up, they usually prescribe a steroid z-pack, to help with the lung function.
Pretty common and inexpensive.
I know some who have standing prescriptions for these occasions.
My Doctor hasn't done that for me, not yet , anyway.
Hydroxychloroquine is fairly inexpensive from what I have heard.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 11:30:17 pm »
Azithromycin is a good anti-biotic, should a bacteria strain develop as well as the Virus.
It is commonly used for COPD flare-ups, which I had in late January.
For the COPD flare up, they usually prescribe a steroid z-pack, to help with the lung function.
Pretty common and inexpensive.
I know some who have standing prescriptions for these occasions.
My Doctor hasn't done that for me, not yet , anyway.
Hydroxychloroquine is fairly inexpensive from what I have heard.
I read there may be some interference with viral replication from the zPack as well, but it is manily known for antibacterial action. As I have read, the hydroxychloroquine acts to allow the transmission of ions through the cell membrane, Zinc Sulfate provides zinc, which the hydroxycholoroquine permits through the cell membrane into the cell, where it interferes with the virus's replication and takeover of the cell, essentially stopping the virus from doing damage.

It is the damaged and killed cells, killed by the virus while it uses the cell material to replicate, which causes a ramped up immune response (Cytokine storm), which kills the patient, by filling the lungs and interstitial spaces between the alveoli with fluid. Preventing the viral takeover of the cell shorts out the whole disease process.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 11:38:16 pm »
I read there may be some interference with viral replication from the zPack as well, but it is manily known for antibacterial action. As I have read, the hydroxychloroquine acts to allow the transmission of ions through the cell membrane, Zinc Sulfate provides zinc, which the hydroxycholoroquine permits through the cell membrane into the cell, where it interferes with the virus's replication and takeover of the cell, essentially stopping the virus from doing damage.

It is the damaged and killed cells, killed by the virus while it uses the cell material to replicate, which causes a ramped up immune response (Cytokine storm), which kills the patient, by filling the lungs and interstitial spaces between the alveoli with fluid. Preventing the viral takeover of the cell shorts out the whole disease process.

The immunosuppression of COVID is known, and I think the purpose of the Z-Pak is to stop opportunistic bacterial infections that can present.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 11:42:32 pm »
The immunosuppression of COVID is known, and I think the purpose of the Z-Pak is to stop opportunistic bacterial infections that can present.
That would be the main reason, but the efficacy of the 'cocktail' (hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc sulfate) surpasses just the hydroxychloroquine alone.
Similar to Augmentin--consisting of amoxicillin and the beta lactamase inhibitor, clavulanate potassium (the potassium salt of clavulanic acid), efficacy against targeted pathogen classes is enhanced.

C S Lewis