Author Topic: Kennedy Center abruptly lays off entire orchestra hours after receiving $25 million taxpayer bailout  (Read 457 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts informed musicians with the National Symphony Orchestra on Friday that they would be laid off next week, just hours after the Kennedy Center received a $25 million bailout from the federal government on the taxpayer dime.

The nearly 100 member symphony will no longer receive paychecks after April 3, an email obtained by the Washington Free Beacon said.

"The Covid-19 Advisory Committee was broadsided today during our conversation with [Kennedy Center president] Deborah Rutter," the email said. "Ms. Rutter abruptly informed us today that the last paycheck for all musicians and librarians will be April 3 and that we will not be paid again until the Center reopens."

"Everyone should proceed as if their last paycheck will be April 3," the email continued. "We understand this will come [as a] shock to all of you, as it did to us."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kennedy-center-abruptly-lays-off-entire-orchestra-hours-after-receiving-25-million-taxpayer-bailout
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So who got the money???

And no, I don't think this is even the tip of the tip of the iceberg of this sort of stuff that will be going on.

That part of the big bailout was to pay the employees, too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:40:51 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So who got the money???

Bigger question...how much of that will go back to the NY Dems in Congress that helped secure the money for them.

And no, I don't think this is even the tip of the tip of the iceberg of this sort of stuff that will be going on.

Which is why Rep. massive wanted everyone on record that voted for this in the House.

Kennedy Center to orchestra - "Drop dead".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does anyone know if the board members of the Kennedy Center are paid?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This story ends on a sour note...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So who got the money???

I know that from reports I've read $5 million went directly back to the DNC.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know that from reports I've read $5 million went directly back to the DNC.
Typical crooked kickback scheme.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Typical crooked kickback scheme.

@Smokin Joe   @txradioguy

Can you say "Slush Fund"?

This is how the professional pols "launder" money from the federal budget to use for pay-offs as well as personal use.

In other words,it's how they "legally" steal and launder federal money. It's "legal" because nobody can call them on it BUT themselves.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:45:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!