Author Topic: Trump shifts, says distancing to go to April 30  (Read 2630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump shifts, says distancing to go to April 30
« on: March 29, 2020, 10:21:06 pm »
Trump shifts, says distancing to go to April 30
By Brett Samuels - 03/29/20 06:13 PM EDT

President Trump on Sunday announced that the White House will keep its current guidelines for social distancing in place through the end of April to try and blunt the spread of the coronavirus.

DEVELOPING
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump shifts, says distancing to go to April 30
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:49:18 pm »
The President "shifts" based on a consensus among health care agencies and modeling that peak infection will be around mid-April.

We're still on the uptick ... and haven't begun to level the curve.

Just in case anyone's interested in what's behind the stupid headline.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:00:31 pm »
The President "shifts" based on a consensus among health care agencies and modeling that peak infection will be around mid-April.

We're still on the uptick ... and haven't begun to level the curve.

Just in case anyone's interested in what's behind the stupid headline.

Welp, he is going to get flack to matter what he did, if he opened early he'd be "endangering the country", yada yada yada.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 11:08:02 pm »
Welp, he is going to get flack to matter what he did, if he opened early he'd be "endangering the country", yada yada yada.

QFT.  :thumbsup:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 11:33:15 pm »
How long are we going to pretend the benefits of shutdown are worth the cost?  At this rate we're going to end up with 20% unemployment and half of the country infected.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 11:43:15 pm »
How long are we going to pretend the benefits of shutdown are worth the cost?  At this rate we're going to end up with 20% unemployment and half of the country infected.

I disagree and so does Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx.    Imagine if every state was mirroring NY as far as number of cases and fatalities?  The purpose is to try to stay ahead of a complete collapse of our health care system.  We only have so many hospitals, beds, ventilators, and medical personnel.  Yes, more hospitals are being built, more beds are being utilized and more ventilators are being manufactured, but keep in mind that they are begging doctors to come out of retirement to help as well as military doctors.

Containment is absolutely necessary.

This virus isn't just infecting the elderly; a nine month old infant has died.  Around here corona cases are infecting ages 10-90.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 11:50:00 pm »
The Stock Market will see a drop of >1,000 points tomorrow.  You heard it here first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 11:52:28 pm »
Idiocracy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:31 pm »
Chit on a stick.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 11:55:13 pm »
The Stock Market will see a drop of >1,000 points tomorrow.  You heard it here first.

Well, unless there some good news on the horizon, like announcing another experimental drug that is working, or NY is starting to see cases leveling off ... you're absolutely correct.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 12:07:14 am »
Well, unless there some good news on the horizon, like announcing another experimental drug that is working, or NY is starting to see cases leveling off ... you're absolutely correct.

None of that matters.  Commerce will remain in stasis, and there will be millions more thrown out of work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 12:19:45 am »
I disagree and so does Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx.    Imagine if every state was mirroring NY as far as number of cases and fatalities?  The purpose is to try to stay ahead of a complete collapse of our health care system.  We only have so many hospitals, beds, ventilators, and medical personnel.  Yes, more hospitals are being built, more beds are being utilized and more ventilators are being manufactured, but keep in mind that they are begging doctors to come out of retirement to help as well as military doctors.

This virus isn't just infecting the elderly; a nine month old infant has died.  Around here corona cases are infecting ages 10-90.

Pandemics are the achilles heel to a globalized, high-tech, just-in-time economy. We can't hunker down so easily as we could in the old agrarian/early industrial days when people were more self-sufficient, stocked up, saved up, and able to shelter-in-place and survive on what they had.

Worst of all is there is no lesser of two evils between being being sick or incapacited in the short term, or trying to survive in the long one.
The Republic is lost.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 12:28:56 am »

Is it effective, though? Nearly three weeks in, has the situation improved?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 12:35:52 am »

What we do know is that they are predicting at least 100,000 - 200,000 fatalities, with around 2,000,000 people infected.  The question is, what would those numbers look like had we not started social distancing?

Logically, the less exposure people have to the virus, the less likely they are to become infected.

Numbers have certainly increased as testing has become more available.

One concern is that so far, I haven't seen any numbers of the amount of people who have recovered.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 12:37:26 am »

How would we measure if this path is more effective or less effective than doing nothing @jmyrlefuller ?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 12:57:48 am »
The fact is, the numbers are crap .  CRAP!!!

And the predictions by Dr. Fauci are also crap.  I trust nothing he says.

The fact is, we most likely have had many millions infected and are well now not being identified.  My wife and I believe we both had this virus in early January.  We went to an Emergency Clinic facility down the road from us, were tested for the flu with negative results.  It was early on and we were not tested for COVID-19.  We did have the symptoms of the disease.  And talk about being weak, we were both extremely weak.  I am 66, she is 47, and we were both knocked hard.  But she had a small drugstore at home, and we started on antibiotics, Tamiflu, and mega doses of Vitamin C, and we weathered through it.  If we had antibody tests, we would get tested to confirm we had it.  What happened to us has happened to many millions of Americans, and they are not being counted.

This novelty of this virus is slowly coming to an end, with protocols forming to fight it.  The FDA is slow and cannot be trusted any more than Dr. Fauci.  Plus I believe many of these medical folks are anti Trumpers, and don't think that does not play into what they are doing.  If they can keep this outbreak going long enough, they can destroy Trump, and don't think for a minute that is not present in everything they do. Count on it.

For three years I have heard my wife come home complaining about the anti Trump mindset of everyone at the CDC.  No mystery here what is going on.  None.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:09 am »
Yay, house arrest for another 5 weeks!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 01:01:47 am »
The fact is, the numbers are crap .  CRAP!!!

And the predictions by Dr. Fauci are also crap.  I trust nothing he says.

The fact is, we most likely have had many millions infected and are well now not being identified.  My wife and I believe we both had this virus in early January.  We went to an Emergency Clinic facility down the road from us, were tested for the flu with negative results.  It was early on and we were not tested for COVID-19.  We did have the symptoms of the disease.  And talk about being weak, we were both extremely weak.  I am 66, she is 47, and we were both knocked hard.  But she had a small drugstore at home, and we started on antibiotics, Tamiflu, and mega doses of Vitamin C, and we weathered through it.  If we had antibody tests, we would get tested to confirm we had it.  What happened to us has happened to many millions of Americans, and they are not being counted.

This novelty of this virus is slowly coming to an end, with protocols forming to fight it.  The FDA is slow and cannot be trusted any more than Dr. Fauci.  Plus I believe many of these medical folks are anti Trumpers, and don't think that does not play into what they are doing.  If they can keep this outbreak going long enough, they can destroy Trump, and don't think for a minute that is not present in everything they do. Count on it.

For three years I have heard my wife come home complaining about the anti Trump mindset of everyone at the CDC.  No mystery here what is going on.  None.

:yowsa:    Rod Rosenstein's sister is head of infectious diseases at the CDC...need I say more?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 01:05:12 am »
One more thing I will share, and some of you will shake your heads, but I discovered this years ago.  Whenever I start getting sick, and I suspect it is viral in nature, I take one drink of Chartreuse green.  Chartreuse is a French liquor made from 140 herbs, and I do not know what is in it precisely, but I have thought for decades it has medicinal qualities.  4 out of 5 times, I am getting sick, I drink one drink before bed, and awaken the next day without symptoms.  True story.

So, when both my wife and I got sick, both of us were taking the Chartreuse before bed.  And she does not really drink alcohol, but she has seen what it has done for me, and she takes it too when she gets sick.

And the green versus the gold version!!  Green is 115 proof, whereas the gold is 80 proof.

CHARTREUSE GREEN....has long been my favorite liquor.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 01:16:13 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 01:19:10 am »

Monday — we can’t have the cure be worse than the disease.

Wednesday — I’d like to open the country up by Easter.

Sunday — Let’s have a Great Depression!

What do you even say to that?  It’d be funny as hell if the joke weren’t on us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 01:20:07 am »
I disagree and so does Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx.   

Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx are only modeling the effects of this disease.  They are not modeling the effects of ruining the economy.  How much more homelessness, drug dependency, depression and suicide will there be if we go into a prolonged recession? How much would that affect not only the medical establishment, but the entire social fabric of the country?

Trump's original instincts were right on this.  Hunkering down has done very little to contain the virus.  The best defense against COVID-19 is for everyone to get it and become immune.  That is a process we are intentionally prolonging in order to prevent short-term hospital overcrowding, mostly because no politician at any level can survive the optics of people dying for want of a ventilator.

Practically everyone is going to get this virus one way or another. If that is the case (which it is), then better sooner than later for the vast majority of us. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 01:32:27 am »
What we do know is that they are predicting at least 100,000 - 200,000 fatalities, with around 2,000,000 people infected.  The question is, what would those numbers look like had we not started social distancing?

Logically, the less exposure people have to the virus, the less likely they are to become infected.

Numbers have certainly increased as testing has become more available.

One concern is that so far, I haven't seen any numbers of the amount of people who have recovered.

Right now the numbers in the US are:

142,106 cases
2,479 deaths
2,686 recovered

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 01:43:22 am »
Right now the numbers in the US are:

142,106 cases
2,479 deaths
2,686 recovered

Thank you for the info.  So far, only about 1% have recovered and we have a fatality rate nearing 2%. **nononono*

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 01:46:16 am »
Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx are only modeling the effects of this disease.  They are not modeling the effects of ruining the economy.  How much more homelessness, drug dependency, depression and suicide will there be if we go into a prolonged recession? How much would that affect not only the medical establishment, but the entire social fabric of the country?

Trump's original instincts were right on this.  Hunkering down has done very little to contain the virus.  The best defense against COVID-19 is for everyone to get it and become immune.  That is a process we are intentionally prolonging in order to prevent short-term hospital overcrowding, mostly because no politician at any level can survive the optics of people dying for want of a ventilator.

Practically everyone is going to get this virus one way or another. If that is the case (which it is), then better sooner than later for the vast majority of us.

Gee ... I don't know, I'm over 60 with several underlying medical conditions ... I'd like to hang on as long as I can.  I'm not done yet being a wife, a mother, a grand mother and a great grandmother, thank you very much.