Author Topic: Barr tells federal prisons to send inmates home amid coronavirus outbreak  (Read 980 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Barr tells federal prisons to send inmates home amid coronavirus outbreak
Clare Hymes 1 day ago

U.S. Attorney General William Barr on Thursday directed the Bureau of Prisons to increase the use of home confinement among older inmates with underlying conditions as a means to mitigate the spread of coronavirus within the country's prison system. As of Thursday, 10 inmates and eight staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 in federal facilities.

"There are particular concerns in this institutional setting. We want to make sure that our institutions don't become Petri dishes and it spreads rapidly through a particular institution. We have the protocols that are designed to stop that and we are using all the tools we have to protect the inmates," Barr said in a virtual press conference on Thursday.

According to the attorney general, the bureau holds 146,000 inmates spread across 122 facilities nationwide, not including the 21,000 inmates that are incarcerated in facilities run by private contractors. About 10,000 inmates are over the age of 60 years old, a third of which have pre-existing conditions.

In his memorandum to BOP Director Michael Carvajal, Barr explained why such an assessment is necessary given the current pandemic, "many inmates will be safer in BOP facilities where the population is controlled and there is ready access to doctors and medical care. But for some inmates, home confinement might be more effective in protecting their health."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/barr-tells-federal-prisons-to-send-inmates-home-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/ar-BB11LjZO?li=BBnb7Kz

WOW!!! COVID 19 winners!  Who would have known.  I feel so much safer now.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The law-abiding are locked in their homes while convicted felons roam free.  What's wrong with this picture?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

:soangry:  Great, so now we get to battle the virus AND the felons!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Prison IS their home, dummy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Leave them in prison.
Let them weather the storm there.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Asinine decision.  Send in medical personnel instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Asinine decision.  Send in medical personnel instead.

Thank you.  The truth!

These ideas didn't start with Barr.  They have been circulating with liberals.  I read about it a couple weeks ago that they wanted to let prisoners out.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The law-abiding are locked in their homes while convicted felons roam free.  What's wrong with this picture?

A lot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

A lot.

And they are now releasing them from prisons that already have COVID19

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/trump-administration-federal-prisons-coronavirus/index.html

In New York City, where 75 inmates in local jails had tested positive for coronavirus as of Wednesday — an infection rate 87 times higher than the United States at large, according to an analysis by The Legal Aid Society— hundreds of inmates have so far been released early, and on Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city was working to release hundreds more.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/trump-administration-federal-prisons-coronavirus/index.html

And I am absolutely flabbergasted that Trump is posting how great his ratings are at his press conferences.  Well we can see where his head is.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...
10:48 AM · Mar 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:02:06 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline dfwgator

Prison IS their home, dummy.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

That's right.  Now they are putting citizens at risk as they release these criminals out into the public.  They are coming from a pea tree dish of Coronavirus.  Upside down world we are living in. 

And I just want to mention that this came from liberals.  Its so funny that now they have a new name for Conservatives.  It is "purist Republicans".  Touted by the President. 

Well JFYI Trump tells what kind of Republican he is in his tweets.  And those pretending that there is anything Conservative left in the party only have their heads in the sand.  They criticize this media or that, but welcome the Democrats into the party.  Blind to the liberal actions this president takes.  This party is now liberal light and Nancy gets what she wants.

I remember Trumps tweet in 2018 saying he could get Nancy as many votes as she needed to be speaker.  How she deserved to be Speaker and had worked for it.  And apparently he did, and we are living Nancy's liberal dream with her liberal policies.  Trumps not running the show, she is.  And you can call me a purist any day.  I will wear that proudly.   

You watch the next bill will pass too with Planned Parenthood full funding.  Trump will sign it and people will still try to pretend that Trump is the anti abortion president.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:32:38 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And they are now releasing them from prisons that already have COVID19

In New York City, where 75 inmates in local jails had tested positive for coronavirus as of Wednesday — an infection rate 87 times higher than the United States at large, according to an analysis by The Legal Aid Society— hundreds of inmates have so far been released early, and on Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city was working to release hundreds more.

And I am absolutely flabbergasted that Trump is posting how great his ratings are at his press conferences.  Well we can see where his head is.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...
10:48 AM · Mar 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
11h

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Prisoners let free while people are forced to stay in their homes in one of the most anti 2A cities/states in the country.

Meanwhile the President is preening about his TV ratings.

What could possible go wrong?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:soangry:  Great, so now we get to battle the virus AND the felons!

@libertybele so

Well,to be fair,and I am NOT a fan of this brain fart,the ones they are going to release are going to be both elderly and sick,so the their families will have to provide for them and pay for their funerals,not the taxpayers.

And it ain't likely they are going to be mugging people on the streets. They are old and sick,and there ARE no people on the streets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@libertybele so

Well,to be fair,and I am NOT a fan of this brain fart,the ones they are going to release are going to be both elderly and sick,so the their families will have to provide for them and pay for their funerals,not the taxpayers.

And it ain't likely they are going to be mugging people on the streets. They are old and sick,and there ARE no people on the streets.

@sneakypete

OTOH, they were in prison because they have criminal minds.  They may not be able to mug people, but they can engage in practices like ID theft.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope there won't be muggings...but I'd be willing to bet the amount of attempted and successful home invasions shows a huge uptick in places where these thugs have been set free.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

OTOH, they were in prison because they have criminal minds.  They may not be able to mug people, but they can engage in practices like ID theft.

@Cyber Liberty

I doubt many of the elderly are knowledgeable enough about computers and software to do that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I doubt many of the elderly are knowledgeable enough about computers and software to do that.

@sneakypete

You would be surprised.  My point, which remains, is they are far from "harmless."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Local prisons here are letting out inmates too.  And at the same time, the powers that be are complaining that gun stores are open and sales are brisk. 

Gee, I wonder why?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

Local prisons here are letting out inmates too.  And at the same time, the powers that be are complaining that gun stores are open and sales are brisk. 

Gee, I wonder why?   *****rollingeyes*****

Good time to be armed.

Offline corbe

Free, Free at last.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Free, Free at last.

What I was thinking.  Trumps buddies would be first to be prison lottery "winners".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good time to be armed.

People have been stocking up for this for years.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
People have been stocking up for this for years.

@Cyber Liberty

It's just good common sense to prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It would be great if this swamp DOJ under Trump could put criminals in prison before they start releasing the criminal herd to the streets to prey upon the general population.