Author Topic: Border wall construction continues with additional contract for $1.2B project  (Read 741 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Construction Dive by Kim Slowey 3/26/2020

Dive Brief:

•   The United States Army Corps of Engineers this week issued Southwest Valley Constructors a contract modification worth $524 million for design-build services on a barrier wall replacement project in Tucson, Arizona, at the border between the U.S. and Mexico.

•   The change brings Southwest's contract amount for the project to almost $1.2 billion when combined with the May 2019 initial contract's award of $646 million for the same project. The work awarded in May was scheduled for completion in January 2020, while the work under this latest modification should be finished by Sept. 7, 2021.

•   The maximum value of the entire fixed-price, design-build contract was listed as almost $1.3 million.

Dive Insight:

Southwest, which is affiliated with Kiewit Infrastructure, was one of 12 contractors shortlisted by the Army Corps in May to bid on approximately $5 billion of border wall projects during the next five years. The work will include barriers, access roads, lighting, gates, drainage and levee wall infrastructure and other improvements along the border in the Department of Homeland Security's San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Border Patrol sectors.

More: https://www.constructiondive.com/news/border-wall-construction-continues-with-additional-contract-for-12b-proje/574917/

Offline Quasar44

It won’t matter much unless  T wins to finish it
I am in Nevada but view myself as Arizona

Offline Quasar44

I will post here as a fellow desert rat lol