Author Topic: Harvard student government votes to give everyone perfect grades this semester  (Read 288 times)

rangerrebew

Harvard student government votes to give everyone perfect grades this semester
Greg Piper - Associate Editor •March 26, 2020

Getting an A-minus would harm equity

Out with the “Double A” system and in with the A-plus system!

Harvard University’s Undergraduate Council dumped its position in favor of giving every student either an A or A-minus this coronavirus-affected semester at a virtual meeting Wednesday, because that would be too … competitive.

The Harvard Crimson reports that the student government body instead voted for a “Universal Pass system that preferably treats a Pass as a ‘4.0’ for GPA purposes.” In other words, A-plus in everything but name.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/harvard-student-government-votes-to-give-everyone-perfect-grades-this-semester/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ain't THAT "spatial"?

Seems to me that the typical community college has higher standards than Harvard.

Which makes sense when you consider that is where all the Kennedy's get their degrees.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not surprising at all, the students of university age have all been taught that there are no winners or losers, no one is special and everyone gets a participation trophy. And they all believe this until they are out of school, enter the adult world and get bitch slapped by reality! Unless of course they have  rich or connected mommy's and daddy's like Chelsea and Hunter and God knows how many others.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Do you think employers will not recognize that graduates at Harvard are dupes if they do this?

This guarantees graduates will have less job offers and money, except the weak students.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed observed:
"Do you think employers will not recognize that graduates at Harvard are dupes if they do this?
This guarantees graduates will have less job offers and money, except the weak students."

I sense that a great many graduates of the "class of 2020" are going to be looked at askance in the future, due to their final, "lost semester"...