Author Topic: Pelosi: Increased Election Funding So There’s ‘More Vote by Mail’ ‘Associated’ with ‘Coronavirus Nec  (Read 431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Increased Election Funding So There’s ‘More Vote by Mail’ ‘Associated’ with ‘Coronavirus Necessity List’

Ian Hanchett 28 Mar 2020

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stated that the House is “setting up” to address pensions in the next coronavirus bill, and tied increased election funding so we can have an election with “more vote by mail” to the “coronavirus necessity list” in the House.

Pelosi said, “We need to address pensions. Actually, in that case, we had the support of the president, but not Mitch McConnell. He wouldn’t do it. He said he’d do it in another bill. So, we’re setting up for the next bill.”

Pelosi also listed other priorities, like increased support for hospitals, expanded family medical leave, ensuring more money for DC, increased funding for state and local governments, stronger OSHA rules, and ensuring completely free coronavirus testing.

She concluded, “The list goes on. There [are] so many needs that we have in there that are urgent to this health issue that are specific to the coronavirus. We’re not having a wish list for all time. We’re having a coronavirus necessity list, and associated with that, of course, is more money. We got $400 million for elections. We need much more so that we can have the elections — first of all, to take place and to take place in a way that is more open with more vote by mail and the facilities to do so and to help the Postal Service with resources to enable them to do so, just to name a few.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03/28/pelosi-increased-election-funding-so-theres-more-vote-by-mail-associated-with-coronavirus-necessity-list/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The worst poison pill in the bill and she got it passed.  Thanks, RINOs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

The worst poison pill in the bill and she got it passed.  Thanks, RINOs.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/27/five-awful-democrat-ideas-senate-republicans-blocked-from-coronavirus-bill/

I think she's lying. The Rats did get increased funding to be sent to local election boards, but it looks like it's only for protection from the Wuhan Virus.

"Federal Mandates for Early and Mail Voting: Congressional Democrats believed they could use the coronavirus crisis to create new federal mandates to override state election laws, forcing every state to develop early voting and elections through mail. Funding was ultimately sent to state election officials, but only for ways to protect voters from coronavirus."

I suppose the way the Rats will work around this is to say the only way to protect from the Wuhan Virus is to do more mail in ballots.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/27/five-awful-democrat-ideas-senate-republicans-blocked-from-coronavirus-bill/

I think she's lying. The Rats did get increased funding to be sent to local election boards, but it looks like it's only for protection from the Wuhan Virus.

"Federal Mandates for Early and Mail Voting: Congressional Democrats believed they could use the coronavirus crisis to create new federal mandates to override state election laws, forcing every state to develop early voting and elections through mail. Funding was ultimately sent to state election officials, but only for ways to protect voters from coronavirus."

I suppose the way the Rats will work around this is to say the only way to protect from the Wuhan Virus is to do more mail in ballots.

They are already saying that.  This was their sales point from the get-go.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

They are already saying that.  This was their sales point from the get-go.

Oh man, it is depressing. I suppose the next thing they will argue is the best way to protect people is to go door to door collecting the mail-in ballots for people so they don't have to go to the post office and be near other people. I'm sure their activists will already have ballots filled out so they can save people time, all they have to do is sign them.

I see the day coming where we talk about splitting the country and going our separate ways.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home