Author Topic: Grim phase arrives — three more hot-spot cities  (Read 879 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grim phase arrives — three more hot-spot cities
« on: March 28, 2020, 02:02:47 pm »
Grim phase arrives — three more hot-spot cities
by Cassidy Morrison
 | March 28, 2020 12:00 AM

The coronavirus pandemic is set to move into a new, more dangerous phase next week, with three more big cities likely to be afflicted badly, as New York has been.

New York is worse off than anywhere, with 44,000 confirmed cases, half of the nationwide total. New York City alone has reported 23,000 cases and 365 deaths. City doctors say the hospitals there face a worse calamity than during the AIDS epidemic or the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

But New York’s mitigation efforts appear to be working as the state’s new cases have begun to level off, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams said Friday. So, the city had decelerated infections and reached an inflection point, even though the worst is yet to come and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center has been converted to a temporary hospital in preparation for an influx of patients.

But three other cities face growing crises, Adams said. “We also see hot spots like Detroit, like Chicago, like New Orleans that will have a worse week next week than what they had this week,” he said Friday on CBS This Morning.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/grim-phase-arrives-three-more-hot-spot-cities
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Grim phase arrives — three more hot-spot cities
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 03:22:05 pm »
I live in the Atlanta metro, and everything is shut down.  My wife and I eat out several times a week for dinner, and now we are stuck at home.  It is a huge adjustment.

Atlanta cases are climbing rapidly.  Any city with a large foreign population can expect cases through the roof.  Both of us believe we had the virus the beginning of January.  We both had high fever, extreme weakness, cough, etc, but since she is a physician, she has a small drugstore at all times, and we started using antibiotics, Tamiflu, and high doses of Vitamin C, and we got through it.  We both went to an emergency clinic, were tested for flu, and both tested negative.

This is where the CDC has completely proven to be incompetent.  They should have an antibody test to determine just what amount of the population has been affected.  This is important to know, but they have done nothing.  NOTHING.  And this data is important, for politicians are making decisions on this virus that are so draconian that just maybe we are over the top.  Through this whole pandemic, less people are dying than with the flu.  At some point, we have to get smart about this into the future.  John Tapper was on talking about how this will change everything.  I just do not see how that works.

Restaurants barely make it through their first year in business as it is.

Once we get through this first surge, and protocols are ACCEPTED by the bureaucratic pukes, i.e. FDA, CDC, NIH, etc we will have a path forward.  I think changes will be emphasis on washing hands, on a requirement to stay home when sick, distancing when possible, etc.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:34:34 pm »
Didn't New York actually tell it's residents to go out and congregate in crowds at the start? I don't know about the others.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 05:50:08 pm »
@jafo2010

I also think we need to know who has had it and recovered. Those folks could go about their business and also be a source of plasma to help others recover.  Good news on that front here:

A COVID-19 Immunity Test Is on the Way

Scientists are devising a new weapon against the COVID-19 pandemic.

New blood tests could soon tell you if you're immune to the potentially deadly disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Multiple companies and academic institutions are working to produce tests that can detect certain antibodies in people who were infected with the disease but were asymptomatic.

Identifying those people who are better able to withstand the disease could help to bring about an array of positive developments. For one, doctors and nurses who are immune would be better able to treat sick patients, since they would be less likely to need to be quarantined if exposed to COVID-19. For another, people who are immune could be among the first who return to work. This, in turn, could help to fill a vital need for workers in essential industries like medical equipment manufacturing, food production, and supply delivery.

MORE:  https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/25/a-coronavirus-immunity-test-is-on-the-way.aspx

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 06:02:14 pm »
@jafo2010

I also think we need to know who has had it and recovered. Those folks could go about their business and also be a source of plasma to help others recover.  Good news on that front here:

OTOH...

From way back in my Public Health days, these are the ones most concerning of all.  Asymptomatic cases are the most apt to spread the disease.  (aka Typhoid Mary)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 06:57:12 pm »
Lady wrote:
"I also think we need to know who has had it and recovered. Those folks could go about their business and also be a source of plasma to help others recover."

Did you see the 2011 film, "Contagion" yet?
You can find it by searching using "torrent contagion 1080p".
A torrent downloading app will be required.
It is VERY easy to get now, like the virus it's all over the place.

A remarkably prescient film, "life imitates art" at its finest.

In any case...
... in the film a new deadly virus jumps from animals to humans in the Hong Kong area. In the race for treatment, a vaccine is developed, and those who receive the vaccine are "marked" with a wristband to show they're "clean".

Perhaps (along with the newly-developed antibody test) there ought to be a wristband for "COVID-19 free" ??
To designate that one doesn't currently have the virus, and is now "immune" (as much as one can be having developed antibodies), or vaccinated?

Of course, there would be attempts at forgery.
Just as we have "real ID" licenses, the same tech could be applied to the wristbands...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »
Didn't New York actually tell it's residents to go out and congregate in crowds at the start? I don't know about the others.

Yes, NY was in full machismo mode ... encouraging people to ride the subway, go out to restaurants, continue to live life unchanged until thousands were infected @GtHawk

Slow early response

Cuomo has earned rave reviews for his daily press conferences during the crisis. But both he and de Blasio were slow to aggressively shut schools, events and social gatherings in the early days of the outbreak.

"Social distancing isn't going to stop transmission but it makes it slower and that makes it easier to treat people," Caplan explained. "The old 'flatten the curve.' I think they were too slow."

New York state had its first case of community spread, meaning its origin was not known, on March 2 in New Rochelle, a suburb of New York City. By March 11, there were 216 confirmed cases in the state, and that number rose to 613 by March 14.

Cuomo and de Blasio limited gatherings of over 500 people on March 12 but resisted disrupting life too much.  "We are going to very quickly put out guidance about having to reduce crowds and audiences while still having a certain amount of activity," de Blasio said at the time.

As coronavirus cases continued to rise exponentially, that activity no longer became sustainable. New York ordered all schools closed by March 18, when it already had 2,300 cases. Cuomo ordered non-essential workers to stay at home beginning March 22, when there were over 15,000 cases.

More:  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-york-coronavirus-explainer/index.html

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:23 pm »
What does it matter, anyway? It’s a flu.

Do you know the numbers of people with pre-exiting conditions so far who died from corona? Well, those very same people susceptible for dying from corona were also susceptible to succumbing to the ordinary flu.

And the difference? The difference is, we wouldn’t have heard breathless breaking news stories about those deaths. Why not?:

November election (—) Corona deaths (+) Trump (=) guaranteed second term. That’s why not.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:02:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 08:04:36 pm »
I live in the Atlanta metro, and everything is shut down.  My wife and I eat out several times a week for dinner, and now we are stuck at home.  It is a huge adjustment.

Atlanta cases are climbing rapidly.  Any city with a large foreign population can expect cases through the roof.  Both of us believe we had the virus the beginning of January.  We both had high fever, extreme weakness, cough, etc, but since she is a physician, she has a small drugstore at all times, and we started using antibiotics, Tamiflu, and high doses of Vitamin C, and we got through it.  We both went to an emergency clinic, were tested for flu, and both tested negative.

This is where the CDC has completely proven to be incompetent.  They should have an antibody test to determine just what amount of the population has been affected. This is important to know, but they have done nothing.  NOTHING.  And this data is important, for politicians are making decisions on this virus that are so draconian that just maybe we are over the top.  Through this whole pandemic, less people are dying than with the flu.  At some point, we have to get smart about this into the future.  John Tapper was on talking about how this will change everything.  I just do not see how that works.

Restaurants barely make it through their first year in business as it is.

Once we get through this first surge, and protocols are ACCEPTED by the bureaucratic pukes, i.e. FDA, CDC, NIH, etc we will have a path forward.  I think changes will be emphasis on washing hands, on a requirement to stay home when sick, distancing when possible, etc.

I was in ICU Feb 15-17 for unrelated issues, with multiple visits to doctors following that.

And had a blood draw on March 4th. So far not a mention of COVID-19, or even that any of my medical care tested for it.

No mention of COVID-19 so far.

But how do you propose They should have an antibody test to determine just what amount of the population has been affected ?

Most of my career experience was with data, and it is always easy to like the idea of more/better data. But date costs money/resources.

Having said all of that, I too wonder if I had it and got through it.

But the last thing I will do is show up in the med system just for my curiosity.

I'm in OC next to LA county which is huge, a "hot spot."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 08:07:09 pm »
What does it matter, anyway? It’s a flu.

Do you know the numbers of people with pre-exiting conditions so far who died from corona? Well, those very same people susceptible for dying from corona were also susceptible to succumbing to the ordinary flu.

And the difference? The difference is, we wouldn’t have heard breathless breaking news stories about those deaths. Why not?:

November election (—) Corona deaths (+) Trump (=) guaranteed second term. That’s why not.

My cousin's girlfriend just got the virus (she is under 50 and a health exercise nut)... @aligncare

I don't think she is calling it just a flu and neither should anyone else.

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/03/27/im-completely-isolated-a-womans-covid-19-experience-from-her-hospital-bed/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 08:27:15 pm »
Human viruses are a normal part of life on earth. They will plague societies for as long as there are humans.

This one (coved-19) will come and go, while human immune systems are left with an additional blue print for immunity in its wake to that specific antigen (among the thousands of other blue prints the human immune response possesses).

In other words, the media and certain politicians are using this particular outbreak for political purposes. And that’s unconscionable and despicable.

By the way, the proof for my assertion is that outbreaks under Obama were not similarly treated as Corona. The difference is not the threat an outbreak poses, but the politics involved.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:33:53 pm by aligncare »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 08:41:38 pm »
Human viruses are a normal part of life on earth. They will plague societies for as long as there are humans.

This one (coved-19) will come and go, while human immune systems are left with an additional blue print for immunity in its wake to that specific antigen (among the thousands of other blue prints the human immune response possesses).

In other words, the media and certain politicians are using this particular outbreak for political purposes. And that’s unconscionable and despicable.

By the way, the proof for my assertion is that outbreaks under Obama were not similarly treated as Corona. The difference is not the threat an outbreak poses, but the politics involved.

That's right. The question is WHY?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:49:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:43 pm »
My cousin's girlfriend just got the virus (she is under 50 and a health exercise nut)... @aligncare

I don't think she is calling it just a flu and neither should anyone else.

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/03/27/im-completely-isolated-a-womans-covid-19-experience-from-her-hospital-bed/

No one who knows ANYTHING is calling this the flu.

It is a very, very different animal, and that is why it is being treated as such by the medical community.

Just ask anyone in healthcare if this is just the flu.

And duck after you do, because they’re likely to belt you...

(Not directed at you, @Sighlass ..... obviously!.... but at the ignorant comparison you were responding to)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 08:53:53 pm »
That's right. The question is WHY?

Are you joining aligncare with his conspiracy theory that this whole thing is just a plot to get rid of Trump???

Seriously???

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 08:56:37 pm »

If this is so, then, we should be able to say H1N1 saw a whole lot of nations taking serious measures to halt the spread of that malady, but you know what? I don't think we do.

If what you assert is correct, why did China take measures not that they are trustworthy in any way,  why have all these countries taken such measures?

Any examples of Cruise Ships like the Diamond Princess becoming an incubator for the virus with H1N1?

Any examples of countries as diverse as Indonesia, Netherlands, Argentina taking such measures with H1N1?

Didn't think so either. Apples and Oranges.

Every country practically has taken serious measures and nothing that one says that it is all politically motivated with these other countries going along changes that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 09:02:28 pm »
If this is so, then, we should be able to say H1N1 saw a whole lot of nations taking serious measures to halt the spread of that malady, but you know what? I don't think we do.

If what you assert is correct, why did China take measures not that they are trustworthy in any way,  why have all these countries taken such measures?

Any examples of Cruise Ships like the Diamond Princess becoming an incubator for the virus with H1N1?

Any examples of countries as diverse as Indonesia, Netherlands, Argentina taking such measures with H1N1?

Every country practically has taken serious measures and nothing that one says that it is all politically motivated with these other countries going along changes that.

Correct.

South Korea, Italy, UK and countless other countries all participating in some global conspiracy to get rid of Trump??

Ridiculous on its face.

This is real.  And most certainly not like any flu.

That’s why epidemiologists, virologists, physicians and every other health care expert is taking this so very seriously.

It IS serious.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 09:07:01 pm »

Exactly right @TomSea

I don’t know why it is so hard for some to acknowledge the unique confluence of things with this particular virus.  It is AT LEAST 10x more fatal than the seasonal flu.  It is almost 3x more transmissible than the seasonal flu.  It has already mutated at least once and possibly twice.  People comparing it to the seasonal flu are comparing a disease in its infancy to the totals of a disease that has run its course. 

And by all accounts, the gravest threat from this disease is its very real potential to overwhelm the health care system...so that people start dying from survivable heart attacks, survivable strokes, infections, and countless other things that would otherwise be addressed via minor surgeries and treatments.

Side note:   That DOESNT mean that scumbag politicians are not ALSO using this to advance their own agendas...the two are Not mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:11:27 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 09:35:39 pm »
This may help @roamer_1

https://threader.app/thread/1243658894196592641

Yeah, @Bigun ... There's sign on the ground. I just can't see it all.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 09:46:37 pm »
Are you joining aligncare with his conspiracy theory that this whole thing is just a plot to get rid of Trump???

Seriously???

No. @aligncare is right, just a bit myopic. The Pubbies and Tump are complicit. Part and parcel. And it seems to be more global than that.

The manufactured hysteria is true - Once it hit western systems, it's detectability went way up, and morbidity went way down. It is not what they said.

But the result is better control than they ever would have got with armed tyranny - That would have brought resistance. But medical tyranny has everyone complying, panic stricken, hiding in their houses, reaching feeble hands to uncle nanny for salvation. Even as livelihood is torn down around them.

That worked a charm... Expect more of the same to come.

Baaa.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:29 pm »
Tucker: How local leaders failed their cities

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNflR2Ia7Hc