Author Topic: Trump names new Defense Production Act coordinator for coronavirus fight  (Read 398 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump names new Defense Production Act coordinator for coronavirus fight
By Morgan Chalfant and Sylvan Lane - 03/27/20 06:13 PM EDT

President Trump said Friday that White House trade adviser Peter Navarro would become the national Defense Production Act policy coordinator for the federal government as the administration seeks to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump made the announcement at an afternoon press conference at the White House, saying he gave Navarro the new authorities when he signed an executive order earlier that day.

“My order establishes that Peter will serve as national Defense Production Act policy coordinator for the federal government,” Trump told reporters.

Navarro has been one of the driving forces behind Trump’s protectionist trade agenda. He has consistently pushed the president to impose crushing tariffs on China and the European Union, feuding with Trump’s free-trade leaning advisers and Republican lawmakers along the way.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/489938-trump-names-new-defense-production-act-coordinator-for-coronavirus
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:56:52 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Oh swell.  Another czar.  How much will it cost us taxpayers to pay him to do nothing?

Offline Mesaclone

Oh swell.  Another czar.  How much will it cost us taxpayers to pay him to do nothing?

He's already on staff...so won't cost a dime more.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

He's already on staff...so won't cost a dime more.

You sure about that? 

Sorry, sir, but  I'm always suspicious when it comes to our tax dollars. 

Offline Mesaclone

You sure about that? 

Sorry, sir, but  I'm always suspicious when it comes to our tax dollars.

You're not wrong to be suspicious.

Someone has to be in charge of this process...its a deeply complex and potentially inefficient one that needs a real SOB to manage it. Hope they got the right guy...but the least of my worries is what they pay him. If he does it well, its money well spent...if he fails, I won't feel better if he was paid in gum drops.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain