Author Topic: Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP  (Read 1083 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 01:27:23 pm »
"Make room, Dingell."

Need that outrage and mobilization from the Tea Party.
Their anger was based on principle! A rejection of massive spending, the subverting of fiscal conservatism!
At least it was when Obastard was in the White House.
Now, with Tump-Diggity, they are as quiet as a church mouse peeing on cotton.
 :pondering:

The TEA Party movement was just a way for many folks to express their outrage that a Democrat was in the WH. Had nothing to do with fiscal irresponsibility.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »
How does demanding a roll call vote empower Democrats to take away our guns? We are still the final arbiters of what the government will be able to take from us, and the reason for those guns is to ensure that.
@Smokin Joe
I was just rephrasing our President's tweet.  I don't know how Massie "empowered" radical leftist to take our guns.  I was actually hoping some one who speaks Trumpanese could tell me.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 01:45:21 pm »
The TEA Party movement was just a way for many folks to express their outrage that a Democrat was in the WH. Had nothing to do with fiscal irresponsibility.

I think it morphed into that unfortunately.  However, in the very beginning with Santelli's rant (one of my favorite fin guys)....  It truly was an outright anger at qualtitative easing, and TEA (Taxed Enough Already?).

Here is how it all got started.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 02:54:15 pm »
I am at a complete loss.  How does making Congress vote on this 2T piece of legislation have anything to do with taking our guns?  Gun sales BTW are through the roof.  Up like 800%.

And nothing here reflects a dictatorship, so I don't understand those comments here either.

Rep Thomas Massie was doing the job he was elected to.  By not casting a vote, and registering their name to the vote, it gives corrupt Republicans the ability to deny support for the bill, when they sat quiet or even voted for it.  Its a given that Democommies will spend us blind.

And frankly, there are 365 days in the year, and there is no reason why Republicans can't put a budget together to curb the unchecked spending that has continued from Bush and Obama.  They are just not doing their job. And yes, there are still fiscal conservatives out there, and their vote is being jettisoned for November.  I can see many true conservatives sitting out the next election.  Trump cannot afford to lose any votes if he wants to win.  He will be up against Clinton, and she knows where she made all her mistakes last time.  She will not make them again!!!

We will have a huge spike in inflation, and sadly, most people today are clueless what inflation means to live with.  If they thought it was tough to live through the last 20 years with virtually no increase to income, just wait till we have 10% inflation and still the attempt to hold wage increases to nothing.  Life is going to get tough over this nonsense.

And as we know, most here are oldsters, so high inflation is NOT desirable!  High inflation hurts seniors more than anyone, because we all know that the government lies about the inflation factor.  Real inflation can be 10%, and the government will say it is 4%.  Seniors living on Social Security suffer.  Millions are living on those minimum SS checks.  They get by, but in the future, it will be more difficult with high inflation.

Again, Massie did his job.  It is the rest that are jerkoffs.  The entire Congress reminds us every day for the need for TERM LIMITS.  Trump owes the man an apology.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:59:11 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 02:58:08 pm »
@jafo2010

I rarely agree with you, but this time I do.  Great post!

Offline bilo

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 04:37:44 pm »
Wow, sure do have a lot of "NT's" jumping on the band wagon!

Trump has handled this crisis pretty darn well. In the case of Massie Trump's wrong. Any blame for delay should be put on Pelosi and the Rats. Massie was right these people were elected to publicly vote on the things they pass. They should have thoroughly reviewed everything in the bill before they voted and if that meant they had to work through the night so be it. If coming back to DC meant they were at risk for contracting the Wuhan Virus so be it. It goes with the job.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 04:48:50 pm »
Wow, sure do have a lot of "NT's" jumping on the band wagon!

Trump has handled this crisis pretty darn well. In the case of Massie Trump's wrong. Any blame for delay should be put on Pelosi and the Rats. Massie was right these people were elected to publicly vote on the things they pass. They should have thoroughly reviewed everything in the bill before they voted and if that meant they had to work through the night so be it. If coming back to DC meant they were at risk for contracting the Wuhan Virus so be it. It goes with the job.

@bilo

Yup,to ALL of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!