Author Topic: Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:23:43 am »
Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP
The Kentucky Republican also said in an interview that GOP leadership threatened him for forcing lawmakers to return to vote on the coronavirus relief package.

Rep. Thomas Massie isn’t sorry.
He’s facing scorching criticism — including from President Donald Trump and just about every Democrat — for forcing members of Congress to travel back to Washington to vote on a $2 trillion coronavirus rescue package.

But in a phone interview with POLITICO, the Kentucky Republican said he was just standing up for the Constitution — and that he has no plans to leave the GOP as Trump demanded.

When read a Trump tweet calling him “a third rate grandstander,” Massie chuckled. “I take great offense to that,” he said. “I’m at least second rate.”
“It’s not grandstanding to stand up for the Constitution,” he continued. “And the fact that they brought all of these congressmen here in order to get a quorum shows you that I was right. The Constitution requires a quorum to pass a bill, and they were planning to subvert the Constitution.”

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) were eager to avoid bringing back more than 400 lawmakers for a roll call vote amid the fast-spreading outbreak. Several members of Congress already have tested positive for coronavirus and most lawmakers were eager to hold a voice vote to allow swift passage and avoid cramming everybody into the Capitol...……….

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/27/thomas-massie-rejects-trump-demand-152212

He goes on to even say he was threatened.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Massie rejects Trump's demand he be ousted from GOP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:41:09 am »
Ron Paul's successor.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 01:06:39 am »
Ron Paul's successor.

I was thinking that he might make a great VP when Ben Sasse runs for President.

He reminds me of Ted Cruz when he wasn't liked.  He was good back then.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:07:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:33:22 am »
If Mr. Massie is a conservative, he ought to leave the party anyway.   Republicans as a group haven't been conservatives in years.  This porkulus bill proves it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 02:45:05 am »
I was thinking that he might make a great VP when Ben Sasse runs for President.

He reminds me of Ted Cruz when he wasn't liked.  He was good back then.

Massie would get my vote.  Trump has lost the plot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 02:46:55 am »
If Mr. Massie is a conservative, he ought to leave the party anyway.   Republicans as a group haven't been conservatives in years.  This porkulus bill proves it.

Sure does doesn't it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 02:47:42 am »

Mine too.  Any of them that would stand up to this garbage deserve praise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 03:12:12 am »
Mine too.  Any of them that would stand up to this garbage deserve praise.

@Chosen Daughter

Does Jesus know you are lying?

You never supported Trump to start with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 03:27:04 am »
----------------------------------
Republicans were an anti-slavery party; errand boys for New England Merchants
and later the corporate industrial class.
They promoted strong centralized government, aggressive trade protectionism and judicial activism.
THEY NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO W/PRINCIPLED CONSERVATISM; NOT FOR  A DAY!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:57:31 pm by Absalom »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 03:49:41 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Does Jesus know you are lying?

You never supported Trump to start with.

How am I lying Sneaky?  I could say to you that I have never supported Trump and that would be a lie.  There have been a handful of times that I supported him.  Then he doesn't follow through.  Says he won't sign spending bill.  Chosen says yes, very good.  Then he signs it.  Several things related to immigration too.  He's two faced. 

And even if I had never supported Trump now is a time to criticize him and I am going to.  He is wrong.  Very wrong. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 04:07:37 am »
INFLATION...INFLATION...INFLATION

And the problem with that is having a workplace where incomes have only just started to rise after being frozen for twenty years.  Will not be a pretty picture.

And the fact is, Trump cannot afford to INSULT true conservatives.  And I am not speaking of former Sen Sasse.  There are conservatives, true fiscal conservatives that will now not vote for Trump.  They will not vote in 2020.

If Clinton gets the nomination, Trump's numbers will tumble, and he is vulnerable.

And Rep Thomas Massie is owed an apology by Trump.  He is the only one doing his job in Congress.  After a week's delay by the stinking Democommies, I do not want to hear about his potential delay because he wanted a true accountable vote.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:53:44 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 04:40:32 am »

And the fact is, Trump cannot afford to INSULT true conservatives.  And I am not speaking of former Sen Sasse.  There are conservatives, true fiscal conservatives that will now not vote for Trump.  They will not vote in 2020.

If Clinton gets the nomination, Trump's numbers will tumble, and he is vulnerable.

I don't know where people got the idea that Trump is a conservative.  He certainly hasn't been a fiscal conservative at least.  Every spending spree bill that has come across his desk, he has signed.  Of course, there were always excuses such as Trump had to sign this bill because it has funding for his border wall.  Or then there is the argument that Trump has no control over this legislation because it is put together by congress.  That's nonsense.  As president, he should have some influence over his own party in congress wen it comes to these bills.  But even if he doesn't, when a spending spree bill comes across his desk, he does have the power to veto it.  Why doesn't he?

Whatever happens to our economy as a result of this pork bill, Trump shares the responsibility with both parties in congress.  He can try to pass the buck to congress, but no sale.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 04:56:48 am »
I fully agree Applewood.

But we haven't had a fiscal conservative in office since who?  Eisenhower?

Reagan promised to reduce government, got elected in part for that plank, but he increased government through his eight years.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 05:22:45 am »
I don't know where people got the idea that Trump is a conservative.  He certainly hasn't been a fiscal conservative at least.  Every spending spree bill that has come across his desk, he has signed.  Of course, there were always excuses such as Trump had to sign this bill because it has funding for his border wall.  Or then there is the argument that Trump has no control over this legislation because it is put together by congress.  That's nonsense.  As president, he should have some influence over his own party in congress wen it comes to these bills.  But even if he doesn't, when a spending spree bill comes across his desk, he does have the power to veto it.  Why doesn't he?

Whatever happens to our economy as a result of this pork bill, Trump shares the responsibility with both parties in congress.  He can try to pass the buck to congress, but no sale.

This ^

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:41 am »

Go To Hell Donald Trump. You've stooped to persecuting conservatives.

Great courage from Rep. Massie.   Sir, many of us fellow conservatives stand with you in opposing this massive porkulus bill.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:04:45 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 06:01:08 am »

Tumpy never had the plot.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 09:03:33 am »
Go To Hell Donald Trump. You've stooped to persecuting conservatives.

"Make room, Dingell."

Great courage from Rep. Massie.   Sir, many of us fellow conservatives stand with you in opposing this massive porkulus bill.

Need that outrage and mobilization from the Tea Party.
Their anger was based on principle! A rejection of massive spending, the subverting of fiscal conservatism!
At least it was when Obastard was in the White House.
Now, with Tump-Diggity, they are as quiet as a church mouse peeing on cotton.
 :pondering:

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 09:42:04 am »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243541556424048643

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
By empowering the Radical Left Democrats, do nothing Kentucky politician @RepThomasMassie is making their War on the 2nd Amendment more and more difficult to win (But don’t worry, we will win anyway!). He is a disaster for America, and for the Great State of Kentucky!
9:13 AM · Mar 27, 2020

By demanding a roll call vote on the $2 trillion bill that everyone in Congress wanted to pass without voting, Massie is empowering only the Radical Left Democrats and helping them take away our guns. 

Perfect tweet.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 11:08:41 am »

By demanding a roll call vote on the $2 trillion bill that everyone in Congress wanted to pass without voting, Massie is empowering only the Radical Left Democrats and helping them take away our guns. 

Perfect tweet.
How does demanding a roll call vote empower Democrats to take away our guns? We are still the final arbiters of what the government will be able to take from us, and the reason for those guns is to ensure that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 12:44:39 pm »
How does demanding a roll call vote empower Democrats to take away our guns? We are still the final arbiters of what the government will be able to take from us, and the reason for those guns is to ensure that.

My exact thoughts too.  Is he  just saying random shit?

I am doing my damn harderst to like and suport this POTUS.  Then he attacks conservative legislators.  I just wish we had more like Massie with the courage to stand up to spending this country into oblivion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 12:54:46 pm »

Need that outrage and mobilization from the Tea Party.
Their anger was based on principle! A rejection of massive spending, the subverting of fiscal conservatism!
At least it was when Obastard was in the White House.
Now, with Tump-Diggity, they are as quiet as a church mouse peeing on cotton.
 :pondering:

That's because many in the Tea Party became Trump fans.  This is where I heard so much about Trump being a "conservative" -- from members who, during the Obama reign, were appalled by the massive spending they now embrace because now that Trump is president, that spending is ok.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 01:03:00 pm »
How am I lying Sneaky?  I could say to you that I have never supported Trump and that would be a lie.  There have been a handful of times that I supported him.  Then he doesn't follow through.  Says he won't sign spending bill.  Chosen says yes, very good.  Then he signs it.  Several things related to immigration too.  He's two faced. 

@Chosen Daughter

Seems you want a dictator,not a President.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 01:06:58 pm »
INFLATION...INFLATION...INFLATION

And the problem with that is having a workplace where incomes have only just started to rise after being frozen for twenty years.  Will not be a pretty picture.

And Rep Thomas Massie is owed an apology by Trump.  He is the only one doing his job in Congress.  After a week's delay by the stinking Democommies, I do not want to hear about his potential delay because he wanted a true accountable vote.

@jafo2010

I know this is a waste of time,but we don't have dictators yet. We have Presidents,and our presidents don't create budgets. Their ONLY economic power is to refuse to sign spending bills passed by Congress.

ANY president facing the economic and political decisions of today that refused to sign the current Congressional spending bill would be guaranteed to be voted out of office,along with at least half of his party.

Tell me,oh wise one,what party would THAT leave in total control of the budget and the entire country.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 01:12:08 pm »

Perfect tweet.

Somewhat of a tinfoil "out there" perspective, but a voice vote protects those who don't have to go on record after this porkulus makes things worse in the long run.  "Accountibility" is by far the scarecest commodity  at Capitol Hill right now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 01:19:23 pm »

Perfect tweet.

@Once-Ler

I am in complete agreement with you on this. How anyone over the age of 12 can think
the thing to do to make America stronger is to force Trump and the RNC to go against
the reality of the current financial reality AND the public perception by refusing
to vote for a budget that keeps people from losing their homes and going on welfare is
the "smart thing to do" is too ignorant to understand the meaning of the word "smart".

This is cutting off your nose to spit your face,and being stupid enough to brag about it.

We do not live in a dictatorship yet. We live in a democratic republic where in the end,
it is the voters who determine what is going to get done,or not get done. They do this
by exercising their right to vote,and guess what major political event will be happening
soon?

Hope you people riding on your "Moral Hobby Rocking Horses" enjoy the ride once we have a
President Biden,or most likely,a President Bubbette! in the WH cutting deals with Pelosi
and Schulmer on a daily basis to sell America off for personal profits and power.