Author Topic: Trump's push for risky malaria drugs disrupts coronavirus response  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Trump's push for risky malaria drugs disrupts coronavirus response
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 09:54:15 pm »
I do not agree that Politico is widely liberal

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politico/

https://ask.metafilter.com/300154/Is-Politico-a-trustworthy-organization-for-US-news

https://www.addbloglink.com/seeking/politico-bias

They are centrist as far as I am concerned.

I am done taking your attacks.  If I am biased it is against drugs.   If the drugs are working against the virus in the sickest of patients then they should be used.  But testing drugs normally is very important and in my post above I added a link to a drug website telling about the drug.  What it is for.  Who shouldn't use it.  What the side affects are.

Why don't you leave out the personal attacks.

I called you out for the substance and disingenuousness of what you've said, and I noted your TDS motivation for saying it. You're continuously attacking the President and his supporters in very dishonest ways...being called out for that isn't personal, its simply addressing what you write.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:48 pm »
I called you out for the substance and disingenuousness of what you've said, and I noted your TDS motivation for saying it. You're continuously attacking the President and his supporters in very dishonest ways...being called out for that isn't personal, its simply addressing what you write.

And again I posted a politico article.  I consider it a centrist news source.  We are all in uncharted waters with COVID 19.  I think your personal bias against me is your motivation.

And BTW I am a believer in natural medicine if your really want to know the truth.  I saw the article and thought that perhaps we are jumping into drugs that could have adverse affects on people.  Maybe immediate results with a longer term affect.  I don't trust the FDA always but drug testing in most cases is important.

FYI I don't like taking antibiotics.  I didn't take chemo even though advised.  So I am naturally skeptical of drugs in general.  And who wouldn't be with all the commercials on television saying what the side affects can be?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:04:15 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 10:02:06 pm »
And @Mesaclone if you are looking for liberal bias maybe you should report on Donald Trump who gives Nancy Pelosi everything she wants.  And is in agreement with John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi against a Conservative doing his job to question the pork barrel spending spree.

For god's sakes...why do you think Nancy Pelosi despises President Trump with every fiber of her being? If he gives her everything she wants she should be stopping by the Oval for tea every morning...and yet the two won't even speak to each other. Wonder why? Here's a hint: Its because he blocks her agenda at almost every turn and has almost single-handedly pushed back the tide of Leftism in America.

As for your statement about the President being in agreement with Kerry and Pelosi...its hard to believe even YOU could believe something so ludicrous. I guess I could say that you and Pelosi are kindred spirits because you both hate Trump...and you do give her everything she wants by being a NeverTrumper...but that would paint an obviously false picture now wouldn't it. Yet this is exactly what you do continuously in posts.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 10:04:13 pm »
And again I posted a politico article.  I consider it a centrist news source.  We are all in uncharted waters with COVID 19.  I think your personal bias against me is your motivation.

My bias against TDS, specifically the kind that is an amplifier for the Dem/media propaganda. Personally, I assume you're a wonderful and decent human being...but what you post is wildly biased, frequently false, and poorly supported in terms of evidence and reason.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 10:05:24 pm »

You are entitled to believe Pollutico is a centrist source, and others are permitted to believe they are a trash source.  Everybody gets to have an opinion on this, and if you want to silence theirs, you are mistaken.  There will be heat, and that's why they make virtual asbestos pants.

Carry on....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2020, 10:05:29 pm »
For god's sakes...why do you think Nancy Pelosi despises President Trump with every fiber of her being? If he gives her everything she wants she should be stopping by the Oval for tea every morning...and yet the two won't even speak to each other. Wonder why? Here's a hint: Its because he blocks her agenda at almost every turn and has almost single-handedly pushed back the tide of Leftism in America.

As for your statement about the President being in agreement with Kerry and Pelosi...its hard to believe even YOU could believe something so ludicrous. I guess I could say that you and Pelosi are kindred spirits because you both hate Trump...and you do give her everything she wants by being a NeverTrumper...but that would paint an obviously false picture now wouldn't it. Yet this is exactly what you do continuously in posts.

*****rollingeyes*****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 10:06:56 pm »
My bias against TDS, specifically the kind that is an amplifier for the Dem/media propaganda. Personally, I assume you're a wonderful and decent human being...but what you post is wildly biased, frequently false, and poorly supported in terms of evidence and reason.

You are correct:  @Chosen Daughter is a wonderful and decent human being. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2020, 10:08:06 pm »

I don't doubt that for a second.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2020, 10:11:33 pm »
I have written before TDS,  Scatter brain, and chatterbox

See why?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2020, 10:35:12 pm »

See why?

:hattip:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2020, 10:39:53 pm »

See why?
:hattip:

I never said it would be easy for her....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:03:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 11:58:22 pm »
Tucker: Why are media pundits trying to discredit hydroxychloroquine?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 02:52:21 am »
Chatterbox got 19 hits with this #nevertrump motivated attempt.

That is a lot of attention, for one lame try. When does once more show up with a "joke?"

Drama queen says what?

@truth_seeker
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:55:04 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 02:56:35 am »
Agreed

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 05:20:03 am »
AWESOME! Coronavirus Patients Taken Off Ventilators After Getting Experimental HIV Drug
 March 28, 2020  No Comments

Two coronavirus patients in New York City are off ventilators and out of intensive care after they received an experimental drug to treat HIV and breast cancer.
As the skyrocketing number of cases stretches city hospitals to the limit, doctors are racing to find out which drugs on the market or in development might help in fighting the infection.

The drug, leronlimab, is delivered by injection twice in the abdomen, the Daily Mail reported.
Of seven critically ill patients who received the drug in New York, two were removed from ventilators and two showed significant improvement.

Doctors right now don’t know quite how leronlimab works, but studies suggest it calms the overly aggressive immune response — known as a cytokine storm — that frequently leads to lung inflammation, pneumonia and potentially death.

https://thedcpatriot.com/awesome-coronavirus-patients-taken-off-ventilators-after-getting-experimental-hiv-drug/

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 05:22:34 am »

Hydrozychloroquine is not the same as Chloroquine.  Hydroxy is more potent.  And my understanding from my wife, a physician, is that the Hydroxy presents issues for the heart as a side affect.  When she took it in Africa while fighting ebola and trying to prevent malaria, it screwed up her mind, and she had to stop taking it.  It has a number of side affects.  But when you are faced with death, I say f*&^ the FDA, save the life.

I took it to prevent malaria on a trip to Cambodia. It screwed up my mind. I was hallucinating and talking crazy talk.  But if I was faced with death, then I’d swallow it down and bring that crazy back on to save my life.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 06:08:55 am »
I took it to prevent malaria on a trip to Cambodia. It screwed up my mind. I was hallucinating and talking crazy talk.  But if I was faced with death, then I’d swallow it down and bring that crazy back on to save my life.

Hydroxychloroquine side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to hydroxychloroquine: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Taking hydroxychloroquine long-term or at high doses may cause irreversible damage to the retina of your eye. Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
very slow heart rate, weak pulse;
muscle weakness, numbness or tingling;
low blood sugar - headache, hunger, sweating, irritability, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, and feeling anxious or shaky; or
low blood cell counts - fever, chills, sore throat, weakness or ill feeling, swollen gums, mouth sores, skin sores, rapid heart rate, pale skin, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed.
Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
loss of appetite, weight loss;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;
skin rash or itching; or
hair loss.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Sounds scary @LilLamb, but it looks like they have another drug that is very promising.

https://thedcpatriot.com/awesome-coronavirus-patients-taken-off-ventilators-after-getting-experimental-hiv-drug/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:11:13 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 09:40:08 am »
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to hydroxychloroquine: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Taking hydroxychloroquine long-term or at high doses may cause irreversible damage to the retina of your eye. Stop taking this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have trouble focusing, if you see light streaks or flashes in your vision, or if you notice any swelling or color changes in your eyes.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
very slow heart rate, weak pulse;
muscle weakness, numbness or tingling;
low blood sugar - headache, hunger, sweating, irritability, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, and feeling anxious or shaky; or
low blood cell counts - fever, chills, sore throat, weakness or ill feeling, swollen gums, mouth sores, skin sores, rapid heart rate, pale skin, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed.
Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
loss of appetite, weight loss;
mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;
skin rash or itching; or
hair loss.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Sounds scary @LilLamb, but it looks like they have another drug that is very promising.

If you look at the side effects on most effective drugs it’s scary.  Doesn’t stop you from taking them because for most people the side effects are non-existent or mild, otherwise the drug wouldn’t have been approved.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:31 pm »
AWESOME! Coronavirus Patients Taken Off Ventilators After Getting Experimental HIV Drug
 March 28, 2020  No Comments

I'm sensing that someone (i.e. @DCPatriot )  has legal grounds for copyright infringement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 12:49:36 pm »
I took it to prevent malaria on a trip to Cambodia. It screwed up my mind. I was hallucinating and talking crazy talk.

Do you know where I can score some of that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 12:59:40 pm »
[quote author=Chosen Daughter link=topic=396269.msg2178866#msg2178866 date=1585354683

President Donald Trump’s all-out push to advance unproven coronavirus treatments is deepening a divide between the White House and career health officials, who are being pulled away from other potential projects to address the president’s hunch that decades-old malaria medicines can be coronavirus cures.

[/quote]

@Chosen Daughter

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:39 pm »
I'm sensing that someone (i.e. @DCPatriot )  has legal grounds for copyright infringement.
I'm pretty sure it's the same russia-bot. 

I'm kidding...however unlikely, it's possible there are two patriots still in DC. :patriot:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 01:20:59 pm »

Big Pharma smells $$$$$ Hydroxychloroquine, zinc and an anti-bactera treatment for a week costs $20. Oh No, says big Pharma we can't have that! A 20 dollar cure is unacceptable.