Author Topic: 'Mr No' - Meet US Congressman Who Might Delay Coronavirus Bill  (Read 978 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
(Re: Bill's previous post.)  He lost me when he readily admitted to not having a problem with a bill so filled with Porkulus, that much was not even going toward COVID-19 funding.  No further responses needed as far as I was concerned.

Calling you out as a liar, bub.

In which previous post did I say that I didn't have a problem with that bill?  There was a lot of bad crap in that bill.  My issue is that nothing he tried to do would have impacted that one iota.  The bill was going to pass.

it was basically just virtue-signalling on his part, and I really can't stand that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Are you even a conservative?  Just wondering......
@catfish1957 @Maj. Bill Martin you guys are the mostliest conservatives left here.  If ya'll can't agree, I fear for the conservative movement.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957 @Maj. Bill Martin you guys are the mostliest conservatives left here.  If ya'll can't agree, I fear for the conservative movement.

Okay, truce.  I'll delete my post.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline DB

Calling you out as a liar, bub.

In which previous post did I say that I didn't have a problem with that bill?  There was a lot of bad crap in that bill.  My issue is that nothing he tried to do would have impacted that one iota.  The bill was going to pass.

it was basically just virtue-signalling on his part, and I really can't stand that.

I have low regard for those who decide something is already lost before even trying. It is the excuse that is used over and over to do nothing. To allow congress to pass 2 trillion dollars of entirely deficit spending, over $5,000 for each man, woman and child in this country without even a recorded vote is disgusting. Sometimes "virtue-signaling" is simply someone standing up against those who have none.

Offline roamer_1

The couple of trillion was going to happen no matter what.  Nothing he did changed the bill -- much less stopped it -- so it was purely a symbolic action on his part that delayed aid for a few days.  And if he's going to be taking purely symbolic actions at a time like this, then he has nothing to whine about if people aren't happy about the delay.

S'alright. I'm sure he'll do better on the next couple trillion.   *****rollingeyes*****