Author Topic: Biden supporters face #MeToo reckoning after sexual assault accusation emerges  (Read 705 times)

rangerrebew

Biden supporters face #MeToo reckoning after sexual assault accusation emerges
by Brad Polumbo
 | March 27, 2020 09:27 AM

When it came to the fate of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, a credible sexual assault allegation alone, even absent any evidence or corroboration, was enough for most Democrats to cry “believe women” and demand the Senate reject Kavanaugh’s nomination. Now that it’s Joe Biden who faces a similar sexual assault allegation, Democrats must hold their party's presumptive nominee to the same standard — or reveal themselves as cynical hypocrites once and for all.

A former Biden staffer who worked in his Senate offices in the early 1990s, Tara Reade, has come forward to accuse him of sexually assaulting her in 1993, as reported by Reason’s Robby Soave. Reade claims that Biden forcibly kissed her and reached into her pants to penetrate her while pushing her against a wall. She says fear of retaliation kept her from speaking out until now.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/biden-supporters-face-metoo-reckoning-after-tara-reade-accuses-him-of-sexual-assault

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Absolutely brilliant!!!

I have assumed for two years that Clinton would be back in the saddle....again.

And when Biden started stomping Sanders, I thought, maybe I am wrong.  But then Biden sounded more than ever like the escapee from the assisted living home.  And I thought, that light at the end of the tunnel for Clinton just got brighter, but how to remove Biden?  Well, I contemplated something devious, even criminal. like helping him have a heart attack or stroke.  But heck, it is far easier than all that.  Accuse him of sexually assaulting a staffer.  He is toast.

Now the path is clear for Clinton at the convention.  Sanders will not win the delegates necessary at this point, and Biden's rep will be tarnished sufficiently that he will not get the numbers he needs either. 

HERE COMES THE BROKERED CONVENTION...HERE COMES CLINTON!!!!

Offline Mesaclone

Absolutely brilliant!!!

I have assumed for two years that Clinton would be back in the saddle....again.

And when Biden started stomping Sanders, I thought, maybe I am wrong.  But then Biden sounded more than ever like the escapee from the assisted living home.  And I thought, that light at the end of the tunnel for Clinton just got brighter, but how to remove Biden?  Well, I contemplated something devious, even criminal. like helping him have a heart attack or stroke.  But heck, it is far easier than all that.  Accuse him of sexually assaulting a staffer.  He is toast.

Now the path is clear for Clinton at the convention.  Sanders will not win the delegates necessary at this point, and Biden's rep will be tarnished sufficiently that he will not get the numbers he needs either. 

HERE COMES THE BROKERED CONVENTION...HERE COMES CLINTON!!!!

Not gonna happen. I almost wish it would, as she would lose.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LottieDah

Here comes Clinton and Cuomo  (C & C the C**t and the Cuckold)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I do not envy the political quandry of the top minds in the dem party

Old duds that already failed: Hillary, Kerry, Biden, Bernie, Bloomberg, Warren etc.

Younger one that failed in their recent primaries.You know them.

Trump and Pence have the attention of the audience daily over highly important current matters.

How does any has been or weak democrat break in on such reality? 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
They will not go with Biden.  Who is left but Clinton.  She did get more votes than Trump.  She knows where she made her mistakes last time.

She is the only Democommie that stands a chance.  They will realize that come the convention.  This is still March. We have three months + of Biden gaffes, and worse, his catatonic stares off into nowhere.  I mean his wife had to prompt him, drag him from the lectern after a speech he made days ago, and he looked like a long time resident of a nursing home.  Pathetic!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It was just just a matter of time before old Sniffy got a harassment charge against him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

Well, I find myself once again defending the enemy, but as I asked during the Kavanaugh persecution -- where is the proof that Biden assaulted this woman?  No criminal complaint, no police report, no physical evidence like a rape kit?  No witnesses to the alleged assault itself?  An note that this alleged assault supposedly occurred in the 1990s?   This woman conveniently decided to make her claim right at the time Biden is running for president.

Sorry.  But just like Kavanaugh and Moore -- no sale. 

Offline mortarman

Here comes Clinton and Cuomo  (C & C the C**t and the Cuckold)

Fredo's brother won't accept second fiddle on the ticket. He is too involved in ruining New York right now to leave. 'sides a New York Governor besides a former Senator from New York does not present an "all encompassing choice" that they must show for any chance to win. While he may be on the shortlist for VP I think that Mean Amy will be the most likely choice. She will be chosen for a Midwestern connection an' to appeal to the Soccer Mom vote.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Mesaclone

Well, I find myself once again defending the enemy, but as I asked during the Kavanaugh persecution -- where is the proof that Biden assaulted this woman?  No criminal complaint, no police report, no physical evidence like a rape kit?  No witnesses to the alleged assault itself?  An note that this alleged assault supposedly occurred in the 1990s?   This woman conveniently decided to make her claim right at the time Biden is running for president.

Sorry.  But just like Kavanaugh and Moore -- no sale.

All you say is, of course, true...twenty year old claims of such encounters should not be given weight in the media as they are both unprovable and non-credible...a reputation is gutted with no means of clearing oneself. Utterly unfair.

Nonetheless, I've got no problem with the Left being forced to foist their own candidate from their on own petard!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:14:51 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The MSM won't cover it and the rats don't care so we get  horn-dogs to choose from in Nov.  Anybody know if Biden had to pay for it?

Offline mortarman

The MSM won't cover it and the rats don't care so we get  horn-dogs to choose from in Nov.  Anybody know if Biden had to pay for it?

If anybody had to pay, it would have been us the taxpayers,  as usual.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
I do not envy the political quandry of the top minds in the dem party

Trump and Pence have the attention of the audience daily over highly important current matters.

How does any has been or weak democrat break in on such reality?

My father was just conveying the same thing. This Covid-19 situation is such an opportunity to look strong and presidential.

The wildcard is Trump's mouth. The same fear-laden crisis that gives him daily, ample opportunity to say something inspiring and uplifting, gives him a chance to utter something agonizingly inappropriate and appallingly tone deaf. Like pooh-poohing the danger that the virus presented early on or boasting about his ratings while Americans are dying. Those are oppositional campaign ads just waiting to be harvested.

Additionally, this keeps old Joe off the campaign trail where he can do his most damage--to himself.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

I think it's funny how the Dems learned the lesson from the GOP primary of 2016.

How much do you wanna bet that Rubio, Kasich, Bush, Graham, Christie, (Cruz?) all wish they had coalesced around one candidate and kept Trump from hijacking their party by capturing the delegates that he needed? The Dem contenders sure did that to stop Bernie.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think it's funny how the Dems learned the lesson from the GOP primary of 2016.

How much do you wanna bet that Rubio, Kasich, Bush, Graham, Christie, (Cruz?) all wish they had coalesced around one candidate and kept Trump from hijacking their party by capturing the delegates that he needed? The Dem contenders sure did that to stop Bernie.
good point.