Author Topic: Thousands who were laid off have taken to social media to say they can't get through to file a claim  (Read 461 times)

Offline libertybele

I know of several people in this area that have been trying for days to get through. The phone number to file an unemployment claim is either busy or after holding, you get disconnected.  On-line is a joke, you get booted off, too much traffic.  Here's the kicker though;  you can ONLY apply via phone or on-line.  The office itself to complain to, or show up in person to get help is closed for the next couple of weeks.

So this expedited emergency unemployment is a joke.  Businesses have been mandated to shut down -- so how are thousands going to survive?  I doubt FL is the only state having this problem.

Thousands who were laid off have taken to social media to say they can't get through to file a claim.

Thousands who were laid off have taken to social media to say they can't get through to file a claim.

Since March 25, in Florida alone, more than 74,000 people have filed for unemployment either on the phone or the state’s website and many more have had no luck through either.

Mia Thomas-Williams who now is no longer getting a paycheck said he has tried for days to get through and the call automatically is disconnected.

Thomas Williams is among the many who needs to get unemployment but can’t.

“I’m a mother and a grandmother so it’s very rough because you’re the leader and you want to be able to comfort everybody. And I need answers,” she said.

Career Source in Lee County's Janeth Castrejon said the system itself was not prepared to handle so many claims.

Career Source of SWFL is overwhelmed trying to assist those laid off.

They make it clear that the phone and computer are the only options to file an unemployment claim..........

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/41943932/career-source-not-expected-to-reopen-until-april
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.