Author Topic: Stocks sink after historic three-day rally  (Read 557 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stocks sink after historic three-day rally
« on: March 27, 2020, 01:50:30 pm »
Stocks sink after historic three-day rally
By Sylvan Lane - 03/27/20 09:33 AM EDT

Stocks sunk sharply Friday after a historic three-day rally helped Wall Street recover from a panicked month of steep losses due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 836 points Friday morning, falling 3.7 percent after spiking 6.4 percent on Thursday. The S&P 500 opened with a loss of 3.3 percent following a 6.2-percent Thursday rise, and the Nasdaq composite fell 2.9 percent after rising 5.6 percent the day before.

Friday’s losses come after a three-day surge, the best in nearly 90 years, that helped stocks recover 20 percent of their losses since the market crashed over fears that the coronavirus pandemic would derail the global economy.

Developing

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/489816-stocks-sink-after-historic-three-day-rally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Stocks sink after historic three-day rally
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 01:55:01 pm »
Gubmit stimulus (porkulus) dead cat bounce.

There will be plenty of bad economic news in the next few months that will shake the market.

IMO...   True bottom has not been felt yet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:02:37 pm »
Gubmit stimulus (porkulus) dead cat bounce.

There will be plenty of bad economic news in the next few months that will shake the market.

IMO...   True bottom has not been felt yet.

"Buy the rumor... sell the news".

And yes, both the disease and the economy are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:42:05 pm »
"Buy the rumor... sell the news".

And yes, both the disease and the economy are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Been at this for over 40 years, and have never seen such an overwhelming lack of options for investment opportunity. With this bat shit crazy porkulous maddening infusion of money in the economy, IMO not even cash is as stable position. 

Never have been a gold bug,  but that could be changing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:37:18 pm »
Been at this for over 40 years, and have never seen such an overwhelming lack of options for investment opportunity. With this bat shit crazy porkulous maddening infusion of money in the economy, IMO not even cash is as stable position. 

Never have been a gold bug,  but that could be changing.

Gold is supposed to be a correlating asset; gold prices usually rise when stocks plummet.  This hasn't been the case.  I read that people are selling gold to cover losses in the market. 

IMHO, holding physical gold and silver isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't have my gold held elsewhere or invest in a precious metals fund.  Granted you aren't earning any dividends or interest and the value of course fluctuates, but it will have value if the economy fails. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 04:03:42 pm »
Gold is supposed to be a correlating asset; gold prices usually rise when stocks plummet.  This hasn't been the case.  I read that people are selling gold to cover losses in the market. 

IMHO, holding physical gold and silver isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't have my gold held elsewhere or invest in a precious metals fund.  Granted you aren't earning any dividends or interest and the value of course fluctuates, but it will have value if the economy fails.

Fully agree.  Another side note of thought too, is that there has been precedent of government gold confiscation in the past (FDR) (non jewelry and numismatic).  If you do secure physical gold, make sure there it  has as little of a paper trail as possible.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:35 pm »
At spouses request, and for blood pressure reasons, i have kind of stepped away from market watching and reporting for awhile.

One thing that I am feeling a little positive about though....   VIX is down in the 50's, and though pretty damned high, is calm considering the crash mentality of the past  few weeks.

Still IMO, I think we are still in for some rough patches, and this market bottom has not been reached yet.   When reports on unemployment, and corporate earnings start rolling in, watch for periodic downward jolts.  In any case, I think we are at the time to be researching heavily and start looking for bargains, and entry prices.

The best news to counter, is some groundbreaking or unexpected developments on cures and treatments.  Or that infection rates start waning.