Author Topic: Overdose Death Rates | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)  (Read 300 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is an attempt, by me, to keep some perspective. We went to a viewing last night of my son's friend. 30 years old. Couldn't leave the shit alone and died of an overdose.

These databases are always a year or two behind.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Revised March 2020

Overdose Death Rates | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Figure 1. National Drug Overdose Deaths—Number Among All Ages, by Gender, 1999-2018. More than 67,300 Americans died from drug-involved overdose in 2018, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids. The figure above is a bar and line graph showing the total number of U.S. drug overdose deaths involving any illicit or prescription opioid drug from 1999 to 2018. Drug overdose deaths rose from 38,329 in 2010 to 70,237 in 2017; followed by a significant decrease in 2018 to 67,367 deaths. The bars are overlaid by lines showing the number of deaths by gender from 1999 to 2018 (Source: CDC WONDER).

Graphs and other stats at the link above.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley