Author Topic: Cuomo calls $2T stimulus 'reckless,' says it fails to meet New York's needs  (Read 383 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cuomo calls $2T stimulus 'reckless,' says it fails to meet New York's needs
The Hill, Mar 26, 2020

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on Thursday said the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package passed by the Senate late Wednesday did not meet the needs of the Empire State, calling the bill "irresponsible" and "reckless."

The $5 billion included in the bill for the state hardest hit by the coronavirus is “earmarked only for COVID virus expenses, which means it does absolutely nothing for us in terms of lost revenue for this state,” Cuomo said during his daily coronavirus press briefing. He said the lost revenue from an essentially shuttered economy is “the bigger problem.”

“The congressional action in my opinion simply failed to address the governmental need,” Cuomo added, saying “I’ve spoken to all the officials involved, I spoke to our House delegation I spoke to our senators … I’m disappointed, I find it irresponsible, I find it reckless.”

[...]

“I was shocked that they were so irresponsible in addressing the state and the city need,” Cuomo later said while taking questions from reporters. “They just did not address the revenue shortfall … they know we have to fund education, they’ll all say in their speeches ‘education, education, it’s our children’s future’ and then they do absolutely nothing in their legislation.” [...]

Cuomo had also blasted the package Wednesday before its late-night passage, calling it a “terrible” bill for New York and saying the figure “sounds like a lot of money, but we’re looking at a revenue shortfall of [as much as] $15 billion,” he said. “This response to this virus has probably already cost us $1 billion, and it will probably cost us several billion dollars when we’re done.”

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/489653-cuomo-calls-2t-stimulus-reckless-says-it-failed-to-meet-local-government

Hey, Andy .... maybe you should have figured out a way to tax your sheltered illegals.

Maybe Andy should ask mini-Mike for a couple of billion. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Will he be thedem nominee for Nov. election when Biden is edged out?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Maybe Andy should ask mini-Mike for a couple of billion.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Will he be thedem nominee for Nov. election when Biden is edged out?

If so (and I doubt it) ... Cuomo's blowing it, big time @truth_seeker 

The rest of the country will remember this cretin whining and bitching that $5 billion federal dollars for NY, four hospital built by the feds in NY, a 1,000 bed Navy hospital deployed to NY, four thousand ventilators sent to NY (after Cuomo declined to refill his state's stockpile in 2015) and 75 thousand test kits sent to NY in a matter of weeks is not enough for this self-centered state and its governor.

And then there's Cuomo's track record on managing NY since 2011....... (and the corruption)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:33:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Absalom

Andy Coma is a chip off old man Mario and simply another pretentious windbag.
NYS has elected these frauds and hustlers for more than a century, accelerating
its slide into irrelevant 3rd world level status. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
People were praising Cuomo because he was acting better than the usual Democrat of late.

Like I said in another post, that's like praising the gum on the bottom of my shoe because it rests a little higher than the dirt.

And now we see the real Governor.

The Republic is lost.