Author Topic: Sec. Mnuchin Says Americans Will Receive Stimulus Checks Within Three Weeks  (Read 419 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
William Davis
Reporter
March 26, 2020 11:51 AM ET

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday morning that Americans will get their stimulus checks through direct deposit within the next three weeks.

Mnuchin’s comments come a day after the Senate unanimously approved a $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package that includes a $1,200 payment to single Americans who make less than $75,000 a year, $2,400 for families that make under $150,000 a year, and $500 for each child under the age of 17. The bill is expected to pass the House and be signed into law by President Donald Trump in the near future.

“First of all, most of these will be direct deposit, so we call them checks in the mail, but most of them will be direct deposits, it will be within three weeks,” Mnuchin told CNBC’s Jim Cramer. We’re determined to get money in people’s pocket immediately. So that will be within three weeks.”

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/26/mncuchin-stimulus-checks-time-frame/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The bill ain't passed the house or been signed but Mnuchin already knows how to send it to everyone who files taxes.  He is on the ball, Ladies and Gentlemen.   :yowsa:

I hope this isn't like the "we're sending out millions of tests and 2 million next week" thing, or the HealthCare.gov rollout, and we all get $15 and BOGO electronic coupon for a Big Mac...not knock the Big Mac either.

Offline Idiot

The bill ain't passed the house or been signed but Mnuchin already knows how to send it to everyone who files taxes.  He is on the ball, Ladies and Gentlemen.   :yowsa:

I hope this isn't like the "we're sending out millions of tests and 2 million next week" thing, or the HealthCare.gov rollout, and we all get $15 and BOGO electronic coupon for a Big Mac...not knock the Big Mac either.
I could care less since I won't be getting a check.  Thank heavens last year was a good year, because this year is gonna be quite poor.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I could care less since I won't be getting a check.  Thank heavens last year was a good year, because this year is gonna be quite poor.
@mrpotatohead
I'm sorry my friend.  I thought they said every adult was getting a check.  I probably should know better by now.  I wont to pry into your finances, except to say that sucks and I hope you're wrong.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How can they give me direct deposit when they don't have my bank info? At least, the IRS has never had it (I've always mailed in paper tax returns). I get any refund sent from the IRS mailed as a check (nothing this year, I had to pay).

Hmmm...
I already do get direct deposit for my Railroad Retirement payment each month. Perhaps they'll get it from that...?

Offline mortarman

You'll get your check the same way as you get your refund. Jus' that you will get your check 6 to 8 weeks later than those who get theirs by direct deposit.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.