Author Topic: Republicans Cave To Pelosi, Unanimously Vote To Give $350 Million To Refugees, Migrants  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Mesaclone

@Mesaclone

Seems like a fair number of stupid ones are posting here. I don't know if they truly represent the viewpoints of the typical Republican voter,but if they do,it is a concern because there IS a possibility it could snowball into enough numbers to make Trump lose the WH and the Republicans lose the Senate. If that happens,America is in DEEP doo-doo because the Dims are now completely out of patience and if they gain control of both the Senate and the WH,it's the end of America as a sovereign nation.

There's always that risk, but there'd be much more risk in blocking this legislation...FAR more risk. I agree with everything else you said.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

@Right_in_Virginia

And WHAT is there to prevent Trump from either "repurposing" that money to something like more border walls and border guards, or just not spending it and letting it sit in the treasury once he is re-elected?

Absolutely nothing really. And I'd bet that's exactly what he'll do.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I would use his power, to "re-purpose" such funds, assist firms helping to decouple from reliance on Chinese sources.

Like for instance Pharma from Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Panama etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Mesaclone

Not to worry. I am practically certain he would never dream of doing such a thing.

Go back to sleep,little dims,go back to sleep. There is nothing to see here.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

And WHAT is there to prevent Trump from either "repurposing" that money to something like more border walls and border guards, or just not spending it and letting it sit in the treasury once he is re-elected?

Nothing @sneakypete  ... :beer:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:10:25 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing @sneakypete  ... :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

I am considering changing my screen name to Captain Obvious.

@Right_in_Virginia

I am considering changing my screen name to Captain Obvious.

No, don't  .... I missed this possibility/opportunity until you asked @sneakypete   Thank you!!  :beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Seems like Pelosi has outsmarted you and those like you,not Trump.

No what you don't understand...numbnuts...is that she never HAD to outsmart Trump.

You don't have to outsmart anyone who is on your side already.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But I do give Republicans credit for knocking the amount down to 0.000175 of the total package.

I'd like to see a source for your alleged percentage @Right_in_Virginia.

Why should they be recieving any percentage of the aid package at all in the first place?

Like I said earlier this bill serves two purposes...1) to let the Dems tank the economy on purpose and 2) to give Trump...McConnell..McCarthy and company a cover to spend like Reagan's proverbial "drunken sailors".

It's gonna be fun watching you and a couple others defend Trump signing a Progressive Liberal bill.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

It's gonna be fun watching you and a couple others defend Trump signing a Progressive Liberal bill.

Almost as much of a riot as watching you fidget and squirm here for the past 4 years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Almost as much of a riot as watching you fidget and squirm here for the past 4 years.

@DCPatriot

Okay, I'll take a middle route.... 

Do you and others here take the offical position of SUPPORTING this $2T bill Porkulus Bill that is full all kind of non-COVID-19 related expenses, and take accountibiltity for all the impact that it entails on the economy? (i.e inflation, currency dilutuion, etc.) Just asking for some conservative  friends. :whistle:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:32:39 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@DCPatriot

Do you and others here take the offical position of SUPPORTING this $2T bill Porkulus Bill that is full all kind of non-COVID-19 related expenses, and take accountibiltity for all the impact that it entails on the economy? (i.e inflation, currency dilutuion, etc.) Just asking for some conservative  friends. :whistle:
@catfish1957
I will, as long as I can retain my scorn for the reckless and wasteful spending that preceded this National Emergency, when America had the best economy in the history of America.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957
I will, as long as I can retain my scorn for the reckless and wasteful spending that preceded this National Emergency, when America had the best economy in the history of America.

@Once-Ler

I understand, but this is the proverbial kicking the can down the road of economic reckoning.  This country went 1945- 2000. without severe government fiancial ntervention.  Now in just the past 20 years, we have had to absorb the WOT, QE of the late '00's, and now this.  The currency printing press can only whirl at a certain rpm, before the wheels fly off, and the dollar less valuable than toilet paper (pun-no charge  :cool:)

The cold cold fact is that our tax dollars are like Crack to our irresponsible legislators.  Giving them more now under the precept of an emergency is like giving Meth to an addict.  At some point you freakin' got to say NO...   Or the they bleed us for more the next emergency, etc.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:08:26 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

@Once-Ler

I understand, but this is the proverbial kicking the can down the road of economic reckoning.  This country went 1945- 2000. without severe government fiancial ntervention.  Now in just the past 20 years, we have had to absorb the WOT, QE of the late '00's, and now this.  The currency printing press can only whirl at a certain rpm, before the wheels fly off, and the dollar less valuable than toilet paper (pun-no charge  :cool:)

I'm not saying you're distorting the truth to make a point, but I can remember stimulus bills and reckless spending going back much further.  You have a Constitutional and God given right to your opinion, and I know that opinion is formed from an informed intellect with a great heart.  I see stuff differently.  I see a President with access to the best information, and the best advice, recognizing that he can't fix this by himself.  I think he thinks he actually needs the support of experts, Congress, Governors, the media, and people who did not vote for him.  I see him praise these people and ask for their further support daily.  I have TDS, but I'm also a huge coward that doesn't want to die yet ( and of course I worry about family and friends...like you, but mostly me ) so when the daily increase in deaths begins to fall, I might spend more time grading the President on his performance solving this crisis, but until then I see much stronger President than ever before.  I support his 15 day guideline, his assertion that our top priority is saving lives, his mostly consistent message of We Are All In This Together, and even this huge stimulus package.

If I had to complain about anything right now it would really only be he is still lying to me about the tests.

The cold cold fact is that our tax dollars are like Crack to our irresponsible legislators.  Giving them more now under the precept of an emergency is like giving Meth to an addict.  At some point you freakin' got to say NO...   Or the they bleed us for more the next emergency, etc.

Two months ago I would be agreeing with that.  Today I pray the 2,000 American dead do not weigh so heavy upon my President's soul that he forgets he is everybody's President, gives into his anger, and starts saying dick stuff like "If they don't treat you right, I don't call"

Anthony Cornrod @TWIT_ANTHONY

LET HIS LOVING LIGHT SHINE!
OR ELSE!

Respect @catfish1957  :beer:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 01:08:43 pm by Once-Ler »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Respect @catfish1957  :beer:

I think we are 95% on the same page, just that I  have a little less empathy  towards the entitlement class who seem to always benefit the most from these handouts.  If this bill was significantly sliced, and 100% driven toward saving lives from COVID-19, I'd be on board.  Honestly, I don't think it takes $2T.

Best regards,

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

@catfish1957

Nobody is the least bit happy about printing $2Trillion out of air.

Leaving President Trump completely out of this...pretend it's 'Pres. Cruz';  Hands down, it's the best/smartest $2 Trillion spent over the last 75 years.

We have oodles and oodles of material for the upcoming campaign pointing out the wasteful spending and quid pro quo demanded by the Democrats.

You actually think Donald Trump, the man, is going to take this sitting down?    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

I think we are 95% on the same page, just that I  have a little less empathy  towards the entitlement class who seem to always benefit the most from these handouts.  If this bill was significantly sliced, and 100% driven toward saving lives from COVID-19, I'd be on board.  Honestly, I don't think it takes $2T.

Thanks for your response @catfish1957
That makes perfect sense and I agree completely.  The problem is because of how the two parties, and our fellow Americans have treated each other for much longer than 4 years, we can't pass a "100% driven toward saving lives from COVID-19" bill.  We can't agree on what would constitute the bill.  This law, as foul as it is, is unanimous, and that sends a smart message to the markets.

It is said politics is the art of the possible.

It is impossible for my President to quarantine America, he can't open us for business either.  Dr Fauci rightfully says the virus controls the timeline.  The President could order me to go out to eat, the theater, or a concert.  I won't, until I feel safe.  I don't go to the store if I don't have to, because I have a wife and children.  I am afraid for them and the fact that I have no income coming in makes it much easier to stay home and not spend.  Unfortunately my job won't return until customers return, so perhaps a check from the government will spur me to shop again.

Politicians who tell me about their solutions and concerns, beat out the righteous politicians who demand a roll call vote, perfection, and point their finger at the President, when people unanimously disagree with them. 

again JMO

I choose to believe President Trump, and Majority Leader McConnell weighed what could be accomplished under the gun of steadily increasing American deaths.  Perhaps naive, on my part, but it's the world I want to live in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Once-Ler

The cold cold fact is that our tax dollars are like Crack to our irresponsible legislators.  Giving them more now under the precept of an emergency is like giving Meth to an addict. At some point you freakin' got to say NO...   Or the they bleed us for more the next emergency, etc.

@catfish1957

THERE it is! As someone famous whom I can't remember used to say decades ago,"Money is the Mother's Milk of politics!"

Post 1 of a series

I am having to do this because once again,I spent a long time composing my thoughts in a semi-orderly manner,and somehow hit the touchpad wrong and it all disappeared and I have to do it again.

Post 2 will follow in a bit.  Same place,same station.

I'd like to see a source for your alleged percentage @Right_in_Virginia.

Why should they be recieving any percentage of the aid package at all in the first place?

My source was a calculator. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@catfish1957

THERE it is! As someone famous whom I can't remember used to say decades ago,"Money is the Mother's Milk of politics!"

Post 1 of a series

I am having to do this because once again,I spent a long time composing my thoughts in a semi-orderly manner,and somehow hit the touchpad wrong and it all disappeared and I have to do it again.

Post 2 will follow in a bit.  Same place,same station.

Post 2

Money being the Mother of Politics isn't something that happened last week. It has always been true,but back in the "pre-computer" days there was no such thing as "instant payoffs",and sometimes it might take months to get all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted before the deal was sealed.

This is not the case today. Today,a multi-million dollar pay off is done within a instant with the push of the "send" key. As a result of this political corruption has skyrocketed and we are just now starting to see and understand how big the problem really is.

Yeah,anybody who has ever read "The Creature from Jekyll Island"

https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve-ebook/dp/B00ARFNQ54

understands the monster we allowed to be created thanks to the greed,influence,and power of the banking families that started buying politicians back when they were cheap,but the instant communications of today make this even easier to monitor,as well as easier and quicker for them to do.

It is a double-edged sword,but we FINALLY have a "tool" we can use to fight against the bought and paid for corruption. If we DON'T use this tool to root out and diminish the corruption,it's the fault of no one other than ourselves.

Which brings me back "on target". The "target" in this case is President Trump,and although he is the enemy of everyone on the left,he is also unfortunately the "target" of many on the right" because he didn't defeat political corruption the first day he held office.

The reality is that no one,regardless of who they are,can do this.

The ugly truth is you MUST work within the system in existence to change it. The only other option is revolution,and another ugly reality is that the end result of a revolution in this day and age would result in the formal establishment of the international police state those of us who are rational fear the most.

No one I can think of is in a better position to kick this off than Trump. He grew up in a wealty business family in maybe the most corrupt city in the nation,if not the world,and he grew up seeing his father being forced to pay bribes to everyone from employees in the permits office to Mayors and even Governors and union officials to get work done they had already paid fees on for permits.

He even learned as a teen that it was necessary to socialize with those same crooks,and pretend to be their friends because simply slipping money to them wasn't enough. To be successful in business in an area controlled by corrupt politicians,you MUST also convince them you are their friend and agree with them so that YOU also have "powerful friends" on call if someone in "corruption mid-management" wants to cause you grief if you don't pay more.

This is so common in places like NYC that builders just write it off as "the cost of doing business" by inflating their contracts to make sure they have the cash to do the job as well as pay off the corrupt politicians for the permits and approval,and the corrupt union bosses to keep the project going.

Hope to sum this up with Post  3  Chemo brain has my mind wandering,and it's hard to keep focused.

understands the monster we allowed to be created thanks to the greed,influence,and power of the banking families that started buying politicians back when they were cheap,

Self-correction:  "understands the monster we allowed to be created thanks to the greed,influence,and power of the banking families that started buying politicians back when they were called ROYALTY."

Sorry,I am tired.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:55:16 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Mesaclone

Which brings me back "on target". The "target" in this case is President Trump,and although he is the enemy of everyone on the left,he is also unfortunately the "target" of many on the right" because he didn't defeat political corruption the first day he held office.

The reality is that no one,regardless of who they are,can do this.

It's unfortunate President Trump promised precisely this.  In fact he said he was the only one who could do it.  Instead of indictments for Hillary, Obama, Comey, Page, Strzok, and Rosenstein people like Flynn, Cohen, Stone, and Manifort are behind bars.

Good rant @sneakypete .

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@catfish1957

Post 3,and probably the final one.

Yet,despite all this,we are having to deal with the self-identified "Pure (wrong word)Republicans"
that want to claim that they are the only ones pure of heart,and any President that isn't the "good little dictator" of their dreams is corrupt,evil,and has bad breath,and they ain't going to vote for him because "he isn't as pure as we are!"

Guess what,goobers? He also ain't on the outside looking in. HE,unlike YOU,is on the inside and the ONLY one in a position to make ANY of the changes that need to be made. So take your "holier than though stance,and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. It can keep your brain company,because your ego is obviously doing the work your brain SHOULD be doing.

NOBODY can change an established and powerful condition overnight. As in any "war",it is important to think stragetically and choose your targets and your timing. You just gotta play "Brer Rabbit" at times,which tends to upset the people who tend to have unreasonable expectations. I would love to give you examples of what I SUSPECT is that play in action,but this is one of those rare cases where I am afraid I might be right and upset the "game".

Trump is a Master of this game. He is also smart enough to occasionally play stupid.Yet,despite all this,we are having to deal with the self-identified "Pure of Heart Republicans"
that want to claim that they are the only ones pure of heart,and any President that isn't the "good little dictator" of their dreams that is instantly going to change a century old system overnight is corrupt,evil,has bad breath,and they ain't going to vote for him because "he isn't as pure as we are!"

I might add more later,but just lost 4x as much as you see above,and am tired.

BTW,can anybody tell me how to keep this damn laptop from "disappearing" my texts before I am ready to save them?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's unfortunate President Trump promised precisely this.

@Once-Ler

No,what is unfortunate is that there are so many people who are  SUPPOSED to be rational adults took it seriously.