Author Topic: Republicans Cave To Pelosi, Unanimously Vote To Give $350 Million To Refugees, Migrants  (Read 3285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justin Caruso
Contributor
March 26, 2020 11:15 AM ET

Republican and Democratic senators unanimously voted to pass a coronavirus relief bill late Wednesday that gives $350,000,000 to assist refugees and migrants.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s relief package would include $300,000,000 for refugee assistance.

The new bill, approved by the Senate and now headed to the House, includes an additional $50 million on top of Pelosi’s initial $300 million for refugees.

On page 817 of the 880-page bill, the measure calls for “an additional amount for ‘Migration and Refugee Assistance’, $350,000,000, to remain available until expended, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/26/republicans-pelosi-coronavirus-bill-refugees-migrants/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Justin Caruso
Contributor
March 26, 2020 11:15 AM ET

Republican and Democratic senators unanimously voted to pass a coronavirus relief bill late Wednesday that gives $350,000,000 to assist refugees and migrants.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s relief package would include $300,000,000 for refugee assistance.

The new bill, approved by the Senate and now headed to the House, includes an additional $50 million on top of Pelosi’s initial $300 million for refugees.

On page 817 of the 880-page bill, the measure calls for “an additional amount for ‘Migration and Refugee Assistance’, $350,000,000, to remain available until expended, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/26/republicans-pelosi-coronavirus-bill-refugees-migrants/

Great. That money can be used to bring more judges and prosecutors to the Border courts, hire more Border Patrol and ICE officers to "help" process these folks and pay for their plane ride home. Further, building up the border wall is on the table as well, as it is an "infrastructure" build that helps move people to the friendly processing centers at the legal crossing points. Sounds alright.

"Assistance" is a very vague term and its the Executive branch that implements the spending of this money...the President can apply assistance in ways that get these folks back to their original homes in their original countries...and, of course, give them reasonable medical care along the way.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:19:31 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

$350 million to refugees --IF they are granted asylum  they WILL be eligible to vote in 2024.  The GOP continues to slit it's throat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

$350 million to refugees --IF they are granted asylum  they WILL be eligible to vote in 2024.  The GOP continues to slit it's throat.

Who said anything about granting asylum...that money doesn't go "to refugees", it goes to the system managing them. It can, and I hope will, be used to process them OUT...not in.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't think the President is Constitutionally obligated to sign it.  The GOP republicans voted unanimously for it.  Perhaps it is time to let the party pass away if it can't develop an immunity to it's reckless spending.

Offline Mesaclone

I don't think the President is Constitutionally obligated to sign it.  The GOP republicans voted unanimously for it.  Perhaps it is time to let the party pass away if it can't develop an immunity to it's reckless spending.

That's really not an option. If he doesn't sign it, none of the stimulus gets approved and the Dems sweep into power in November with wide majorities in both Houses of Congress and the Presidency. SOME may want that on this board, but I'd venture that most do not. The real answer is, get stronger GOP majorities in both Houses and we can cut out a lot more of the garbage that Dems leverage in because they control the House.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There is no country on Earth, including Mexico itself, that would ever do this.
Something about this doesn't seem right. I mean in the reporting of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Come on, guyz....think!

If the POTUS vetoes the Bill because of the aforementioned, the DEMS will, As Pres. Lyndon Johnson once said upon signing the Civil Rights Act in 1964; "we'll have those bleeps voting for us for the next 200 years".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

350m is the cave?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

There is no country on Earth, including Mexico itself, that would ever do this.
Something about this doesn't seem right. I mean in the reporting of it.

The other countries are not borrowing money to give it to PBS either.

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1243246885638414337
Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley
These are the items included in the stimulus bill:
$75 mill for public television/radio
$25 mil for the Kennedy Center
$75 mil for the Natl Endowment for the Arts
$75 mill for the Natl Endowment for the Humanities

How many more people could have been helped with this money?
1:42 PM · Mar 26, 2020,

Passed unanimously in the Senate.  That's what makes America great. 999999999999 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The other countries are not borrowing money to give it to PBS either.

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1243246885638414337
Passed unanimously in the Senate.  That's what makes America great. 999999999999

Absolutely disgusting.  After the smoke clears on this crisis, there needs to be a taxpayer revolt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

It seems to me the big items aren't being reported.

What happened with online registration and mail in voting?

What happened with unionization of businesses that accept loans/grants?

I don't like all the money being thrown around, but that won't fundamentally change the USA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

It seems to me the big items aren't being reported.

What happened with online registration and mail in voting?

What happened with unionization of businesses that accept loans/grants?

I don't like all the money being thrown around, but that won't fundamentally change the USA.

Uni-Party don't talk about that stuff until the law is signed.  Soon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Many of them will vote in this election. Most probably won't even know "they" voted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

We shouldn't be allowing any migration right now.  The U.S. just topped all other countries for confirmed cases of Coronavirus.  This is a disgrace, and I bet Trump gladly signs this piece of crap.  And our Border Agents have reported that they feel like they have been abandoned.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

We shouldn't be allowing any migration right now.  The U.S. just topped all other countries for confirmed cases of Coronavirus.  This is a disgrace, and I bet Trump gladly signs this piece of crap.  And our Border Agents have reported that they feel like they have been abandoned.

No it's not... It is statistical nonsense. Cases per capita adjusts for overall population, and in that we will be way lower.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No it's not... It is statistical nonsense. Cases per capita adjusts for overall population, and in that we will be way lower.

Thank you @roamer_1 .  I must have been reading fake news!  Sounded depressing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

:laugh: :beer:

Illigitimi non carborundum   :seeya:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump can't contain himself to get this bill signed.  Watching all those republicans following Trump right off the cliff.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump can't contain himself to get this bill signed.  Watching all those republicans following Trump right off the cliff.

Doesn't matter whatsoever, @Chosen Daughter

Have been saying here for years...it's all 'Monopoly Money' anyway.   They printed $2Trillion out of thin air.

And as you lay your head to sleep tonight, remember, there are federal bankruptcy laws to protect the Trump hotel organization.

And we can agree that he has some level of experience in bankruptcy laws.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Doesn't matter whatsoever, @Chosen Daughter

Have been saying here for years...it's all 'Monopoly Money' anyway.   They printed $2Trillion out of thin air.

The Feds are authorized to print up to $4 Trillion more for the next rounds.  It was smart of the Congress to do this in chunks to see how many Congressmen would sign a bill they didn't read, based only on their profound trust that our President would utilize it justly.  Based on virtually unanimous support in both chambers and, anecdotally, your and my support we can expect much more spending. 

And as you lay your head to sleep tonight, remember, there are federal bankruptcy laws to protect the Trump hotel organization.

And we can agree that he has some level of experience in bankruptcy laws.    happy77

Agreed.   We are great Americans @DCPatriot  :beer:

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nice to see that we are "putting America first".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Chosen Daughter that's exactly what stories like that are supposed to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

Its gone already, but  :thumbsup: