Author Topic: President Trump Drops Bombshell: “NY Governor Cuomo refused to buy the recommended 16,000 ventilato  (Read 759 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Drops Bombshell: “NY Governor Cuomo refused to buy the recommended 16,000 ventilators in 2015 for a pandemic—established death panels and lotteries instead” [VIDEO]
Mar 24, 2020

President Trump appeared today on Fox News, where he was asked by host Harris Faulkner about the political division on Capitol Hill and what he can do to bring the lawmakers together?

Trump responded by reminding everyone that Demo, “Well, I actually think they’re coming together. We had a bill that was done the other night, and then all of a sudden, somebody else injected herself in, and we didn’t have anything that was even remotely signable. But now, I hear that just a few minutes ago that they’re doing well.”  “It’s for the workers, it’s for the people of the country, and I hear they’re doing pretty well, so we’ll see how it comes out,” he added.

https://100percentfedup.com/president-trump-drops-bombshell-ny-governor-cuomo-refused-to-buy-the-recommended-16000-ventilators-in-2015-for-a-pandemic-established-death-panels-and-lotteries-instead-video/

Offline skeeter

Trump thinks the rats are gonna end up running Cuomo for pres, too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I doubt the dems are going to run Cuomo....and for the same reasons they didn't run his father:  corruption is in their blood.   Even worse for Cuomo is he would face an opposition candidate who will weave his corruption into an understandable tapestry with one hand tied behind his back.

I do not doubt the dems are praying someone appears to save them from Joe and Bernie.  Absent this, I suspect they'll just keep on attacking the President with their fingers crossed for 2024.

Offline skeeter

I doubt the dems are going to run Cuomo....and for the same reasons they didn't run his father:  corruption is in their blood.   Even worse for Cuomo is he would face an opposition candidate who will weave his corruption into an understandable tapestry with one hand tied behind his back.

I do not doubt the dems are praying someone appears to save them from Joe and Bernie.  Absent this, I suspect they'll just keep on attacking the President with their fingers crossed for 2024.

Biden is vulnerable to the corruption charge, as well. The rats would no doubt still be depend upon their media stooges to cover Cuomo's butt.

IMO Cuomo would make a more formidable candidate than is Biden (granted, that is not saying a whole lot) and increasingly going forward that is all the rats would care about.

Offline PeteS in CA

The document to which Trump alluded is something like 272 pages long. It lays out a framework for the number of ventilators the State of NY should have on hand and how they should be utilized in case of emergency. There may be a purchase recommendation somewhere in the report, but short of that and literal memos refusing to make the purchases, it would perhaps be more literally accurate to say that the State of New York failed in 2016 and onward to buy what the state's report said would be necessary.

Cuomo's demand for 30,000 ventillators probably has substantial elements of panic and politics in it, but the demand also demonstrates the magnitude of the State of New York's failure in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 to do what it knew it should do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There is zero chance we will once again be faced to vote for one of two New Yorkers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden is vulnerable to the corruption charge, as well. The rats would no doubt still be depend upon their media stooges to cover Cuomo's butt.

IMO Cuomo would make a more formidable candidate than is Biden (granted, that is not saying a whole lot) and increasingly going forward that is all the rats would care about.

Cuomo's afraid of his own corruption overwhelming him, but you're right, the media would cover for him---even though my money would be on Trump exposing it in true Trumpian fashion.  @skeeter

What they cannot cover for is what Cuomo's done to New York since 2011 .. just focusing on taxes and immigration puts Andy far behind outside the bastion of the five boroughs of NYC.  And, he has no international or business experience (union experience, yes ... global business experience, no)

And let's not forget "America was never that great" .... which I expect would be the lead in for every ad against Cuomo. 

The dems are in a tough spot:  But, "anyone but Biden" won't win the election any more than "anyone but Trump" will.   I don't expect Cuomo to voluntarily die on this hill ... he may give a rousing speech at the convention, but I expect him to hold his cards until 2024.

I could, of course, be wrong.   88devil

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There is a serious #metoo sexual assault charge against Biden.

Unless something big changes, I think the dems are left to select their designated loser.

Or could the dems invoke an emergency due to Virus and restart their selection process?

Warren, Harris, Klober get a 2nd chance.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

Cuomo and de Blah-Blah pooed the screwch on preparedness and ordering consumables in a timely way. Not that Dem Party leaders seem to much care about the failings of their candidates.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is a serious #metoo sexual assault charge against Biden.

Unless something big changes, I think the dems are left to select their designated loser.

Or could the dems invoke an emergency due to Virus and restart their selection process?

Warren, Harris, Klober get a 2nd chance.
Nah. The Hildebeest has been laying doggo for a while now, letting mushbrains and the LIVs fill up on the latest poo. I think she is counting on the American people's short attention span to slip back in and 'save the Party' and be the first female prez. She punched her Foreign Policy ticket with duh won, and will claim that as a reason to elect her, even though it was just likely a 'US secrets sales tour' and opportunity to sell strategic assets (for fun and profit).
There are few left who could testify against her, and fewer who would dare to be so suicidal--even prima facie crimes are ignored, so I'd say there aren't many who would even consider prosecution, either.

Unless someone rises from the Swamp, I think she'll be the candidate, at the last minute, spared heavy campaigning, using file footage and studio speeches.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline oldno7

Ive been searching like crazy.

I've read a good part of the New York Ventilator Guidelines.

I can find no actual report stating the refusal to buy 16,000 ventilators.

I'm looking hard, I would relish this as a factual, document driven statement but I'm only seeing an NBC report and the above mentioned Guidelines.

I could put the final nail in a lot of Trump made it up debate coffins with that info.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:25:44 pm by oldno7 »

Offline PeteS in CA

Ive been searching like crazy.

I've read a good part of the New York Ventilator Guidelines.

I can find no actual report stating the refusal to buy 16,000 ventilators.

I'm looking hard, I would relish this as a factual, document driven statement but I'm only seeing an NBC report and the above mentioned Guidelines.

I could put the final nail in a lot of Trump made it up debate coffins with that info.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/new-york-modeled-a-pandemic-and-found-a-15000-ventilator-shortfall-2/2331057/

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/task_force/reports_publications/docs/ventilator_guidelines.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1B70DidltlJL70fKc-qzOgSI6V0rfvq4yOo0KnhHMXCYjhTdf7cnxMKZg

*****rollingeyes***** Well, let's see ... the recommendation was made, as the local NBC article acknowledges. The recommendation was made in November, 2015. The State of New York did not buy ventilators in 2016. The State of New York did not buy ventilators in 2017. The State of New York did not buy ventilators in 2018. The State of New York did not buy ventilators in 2019.

If you want to mince words, the State of New York failed to buy ventilators, for 4 years in a row. But if some Trump-Hater wants to quibble "failed" vs. "refused", the response I would make would be that four consecutive years' failure to buy what was recommended amounts to a refusal. I don't think even CNN's Jim Acosta is stoooopid enough to try that word game.