Author Topic: All 94 residents of New Jersey nursing home presumed positive for coronavirus  (Read 786 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
USA Today by William Westhoven Morristown Daily Record 3/25/2020

WOODBRIDGE, N.J. – The entire resident population of a New Jersey nursing home is being transferred to a similar facility nearby after an outbreak of coronavirus among residents and staff, CareOne and New Jersey Department of Health officials said Wednesday.

The transfer operation was requested by state health officials after assessing the status of St. Joseph’s Senior Nursing Home in Woodbridge, 20 miles south of Newark, where 24 of the 94 patients tested positive for COVID-19. The virus also spread to their caregivers, CareOne executives said, leaving the St. Joseph’s facility severely short-staffed.

In addition to the 24 confirmed cases, all 70 of the other St. Joseph's residents are now presumptive positive, officials said.

CareOne and St. Joseph’s had no prior relationship but "immediately began working with the state and local officials," CareOne Executive Vice President Lizzy Straus said. "The state determined it was in the best interest of both the COVID-19-positive residents and those not impacted by the virus, to transfer all patients to another facility."

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/25/whippany-nursing-home-takes-covid-19-seniors-woodbridge-facility/5081292002/

Offline Idiot

USA Today by William Westhoven Morristown Daily Record 3/25/2020

WOODBRIDGE, N.J. – The entire resident population of a New Jersey nursing home is being transferred to a similar facility nearby after an outbreak of coronavirus among residents and staff, CareOne and New Jersey Department of Health officials said Wednesday.

The transfer operation was requested by state health officials after assessing the status of St. Joseph’s Senior Nursing Home in Woodbridge, 20 miles south of Newark, where 24 of the 94 patients tested positive for COVID-19. The virus also spread to their caregivers, CareOne executives said, leaving the St. Joseph’s facility severely short-staffed.

In addition to the 24 confirmed cases, all 70 of the other St. Joseph's residents are now presumptive positive, officials said.

CareOne and St. Joseph’s had no prior relationship but "immediately began working with the state and local officials," CareOne Executive Vice President Lizzy Straus said. "The state determined it was in the best interest of both the COVID-19-positive residents and those not impacted by the virus, to transfer all patients to another facility."

More: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/25/whippany-nursing-home-takes-covid-19-seniors-woodbridge-facility/5081292002/
They all just got a death sentence.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There is a nursing home near me that had two people die on Thursday, and another four in hospital, unknown condition.

I read out of the 71nursing homes in NJ , 43 had the virus. That could be someone’s parent or grandparent. I don’t like those odds...
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't  understand how something like this is even possible unless some were injected with the virus.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod5

I don't  understand how something like this is even possible unless some were injected with the virus.

If you have evidence, post it. Otherwise, it was probably some SNF staff person who had contact with those infected.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If you have evidence, post it. Otherwise, it was probably some SNF staff person who had contact with those infected.

@Mod5

WHERE did I ever claim that to be a fact?

While you are at it,how about remind me of ANY set of circumstances were everyone in a group of 94 got sick and died of a contagious disease through casual contacts?

Out of a group that large,there should be SOMEBODY with a natural immunity from casual contact.

Granted,most were elderly,but I doubt all the employees there were elderly. Seems to ME there must be some other cause at play we are not aware of,be in natural or unnatural.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:32:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Idiot

@Mod5

WHERE did I ever claim that to be a fact?

While you are at it,how about remind me of ANY set of circumstances were everyone in a group of 94 got sick and died of a contagious disease through casual contacts?

Out of a group that large,there should be SOMEBODY with a natural immunity from casual contact.

Granted,most were elderly,but I doubt all the employees there were elderly. Seems to ME there must be some other cause at play we are not aware of,be in natural or unnatural.
We have a similar situation here.  A home for special needs adults.  One got it, then another.....I'm sure most of them have it by now.  None have died yet.  This is a group of probably 50 or more.  They are around each other so much that I can see how it could spread so fast.  Probably brought in by a heath care worker or a parent, that probably didn't even know they had it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We have a similar situation here.  A home for special needs adults.  One got it, then another.....I'm sure most of them have it by now.  None have died yet.  This is a group of probably 50 or more.  They are around each other so much that I can see how it could spread so fast.  Probably brought in by a heath care worker or a parent, that probably didn't even know they had it.

@mrpotatohead

You are probably right,but I will be surprised if all of them,as well as the staff,are dead in a few days.

Offline Idiot

@mrpotatohead

You are probably right,but I will be surprised if all of them,as well as the staff,are dead in a few days.
As far as I know, none are seriously ill.  I pray they all do well.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
In the nursing home near me, one of the people who died on Sunday, was a Nobel Laureate.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 22222frying pan
In the nursing home near me, one of the people who died on Sunday, was a Nobel Laureate.

@Gern

That's sad,but we all die,the mighty as well as the meek and mild.