Author Topic: The Game Changer: President Trump Was Right Regarding chloroquine, the science is on his side, not  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

The Game Changer: President Trump Was Right
Regarding chloroquine, the science is on his side, not the New York Times'.
George Parry
by George Parry
March 23, 2020, 9:40 AM

At Thursday’s White House press briefing, President Trump and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn announced that the FDA has approved the “compassionate use” of the antimalarial drug chloroquine to treat patients infected with Coronavirus 2019 (“COVID-19”). Under extreme or exigent circumstances, the FDA may permit physicians to medicate patients with experimental drugs. The term “compassionate use” ordinarily refers to dosing a patient with a drug that has not been approved by the FDA for any purpose.

Since the 1940s, however, chloroquine has been FDA-approved and safely used to treat and prevent malaria. It has also been used to treat HIV and autoimmune disease. Its side effects are well known and, generally speaking, nonexistent to mild. As such, chloroquine is not an experimental drug requiring FDA permission before it can be prescribed. Instead, even though the FDA has not given blanket approval for its use in COVID-19 cases, physicians have been and are free to prescribe it for “off-label” (i.e., non-FDA approved) use.

https://spectator.org/the-game-changer-president-trump-was-right/

Offline PeteS in CA

Loonier Progs are claiming Chloroquine is (bleeping) dangerous and ineffective, and Trump should be impeached for mentioning it as a potential treatment for Covid-19. I don't think even AOC or Schifftyroo have gone that kind of cray-cray (but might be persuadable)!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
George Parry...
Since the 1940s, however, chloroquine has been FDA-approved and safely used to treat and prevent malaria. It has also been used to treat HIV and autoimmune disease. Its side effects are well known and, generally speaking, nonexistent to mild.

Simply stated, this is not true.  The FACT is this drug can present serious complications, and should never be used without the guidance of a physician.  My wife is a physician, works for the CDC, and this medication can cause heart issues.  It can also affect the mind and one's thinking ability.  My wife used the drug in Africa when she was there fighting ebola, and she had to stop using it as a protection for malaria because of how it affected her mind.

Again, someone misleading the people of America.

Trump is right, there is sufficient evidence, and I am sure the president has more evidence and conversations with his team for him to say what he did, that the medication is working.  We have all seen people state they used it, and it saved their life.  What we do not know is the clinical data to determine is it the best course of action, or are there other pharma that would be more effective.  We do not know how many people it did not help.  So, the clinical data is not there, yet.  But the study performed by a leader in infectious disease in France is sufficient for me to insist on its use universally until something better comes along.  What the Nevada governor did is not in the best interests of the population there.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Simply stated, this is not true.  The FACT is this drug can present serious complications, and should never be used without the guidance of a physician.  My wife is a physician, works for the CDC, and this medication can cause heart issues.  It can also affect the mind and one's thinking ability.  My wife used the drug in Africa when she was there fighting ebola, and she had to stop using it as a protection for malaria because of how it affected her mind.

Again, someone misleading the people of America.

Trump is right, there is sufficient evidence, and I am sure the president has more evidence and conversations with his team for him to say what he did, that the medication is working.  We have all seen people state they used it, and it saved their life.  What we do not know is the clinical data to determine is it the best course of action, or are there other pharma that would be more effective.  We do not know how many people it did not help.  So, the clinical data is not there, yet.  But the study performed by a leader in infectious disease in France is sufficient for me to insist on its use universally until something better comes along.  What the Nevada governor did is not in the best interests of the population there.
Hydroxychloroquine is supposed to have fewer and less severe side effects than chloroquine, although both are known to have them. The dosages necessary to interfere with the COVID-19 pathogen, especially in tandem with Azithromycin, may be less, and certainly, the length of the course would be shorter than it would be in an area where Malaria was a constant threat.

It may be possible to severely reduce the downside while keeping people alive. The drug is believed to work by guarding receptor sites for the coronavirus while interfering with replication of the virus. That might only require a couple of (weekly) doses of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, or perhaps could be accomplished with smaller doses closer together over the same time period.
Other drugs may be equally or more effective in accomplishing the same task, but these have shown promise in the French trials.
I'm not a doctor, so this isn't medical advice.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:02:45 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis