Author Topic: Coronavirus stimulus payouts: When will I get my check? How much money?  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
    Coronavirus

Coronavirus stimulus payouts: When will I get my check? How much money?
Updated 6:09 PM; Today 8:20 AM

excerpt:

— Where will the money come from?

Taxes, essentially. CNBC reports it’s unclear whether the money will be considered a loan or a gift, in which case some of it may have to be paid back. Recipients may have to repay it on a future tax return -- this year’s income tax filing deadline has been delayed to July 15 -- or if it’s a “gift," it could be considered taxable income.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

or if it’s a “gift," it could be considered taxable income.

Isn't the gift tax exclusion $15,000?  Is any individual going to receive more than that?   :smokin:

Offline mrclose

$1,200 cash assistance for individuals, $2,400 for married couples and $500 for each eligible child.
This money is available for all U.S. residents with an income of up to $75,000, including those with no income or who depend on social security.

About 90% of Americans would qualify for government checks, though the amount decreases for those making more than $75,000 a year, with an income cap of $99,000 for individuals and $198,000 for couples.

"Taxpayers with little or no income tax liability, but at least $2,500 of qualifying income, would be eligible for a minimum rebate check of $1,200.($2,400 married).

Qualifying income includes earned income, as well as Social Security retirement benefits and certain compensation and pension benefits paid to veterans.

This ensures relief gets to low-income seniors and disabled veterans," the summary reads.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/trump-s-april-6-deadline-for-virus-stimulus-checks-hard-to-meet
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:35:08 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't care when because I won't get one.  Soon for those who should get it, I hope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Crap....I won't get one either.  I was thinking about a cruise.  :silly: :silly:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Crap....I won't get one either.  I was thinking about a cruise.  :silly: :silly:

There is always the love boat.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There is always the love boat.

Which as been re-Christened, "The Petri Dish."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: