Author Topic: Last-minute complaints threaten $2T Senate coronavirus emergency aid  (Read 556 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Last-minute complaints threaten $2T Senate coronavirus emergency aid
By Jordain Carney - 03/25/20 04:05 PM EDT

A round of eleventh-hour objections is throwing a curveball into the Senate's consideration of a mammoth stimulus package.

Senate leadership announced the deal on the $2 trillion bill shortly after 1 a.m., and want to pass it Wednesday as they face intense pressure to take steps to reassure an American public and an economy rattled by the coronavirus.

But a brewing fight over a deal on unemployment provisions is threatening to open the door to a push for broader changes to the bill, which was negotiated by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, warned that unless a group of GOP senators back down from their demand for changes to the unemployment insurance benefits, he would slow walk the bill until stronger guardrails were put on hundreds of billions in funding for corporations.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/489525-last-minute-complaints-threaten-2t-senate-coronavirus-emergency-aid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Last-minute complaints threaten $2T Senate coronavirus emergency aid
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:16:00 pm »
I've turned against the bill because of the $400M poison pill inserted that will affect elections by encouraging more mail-in voting.  Yeah, it's 11th hour, because the Uniparty is hiding the details from us.  Tough shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 11:50:48 pm »
I've turned against the bill because of the $400M poison pill inserted that will affect elections by encouraging more mail-in voting.  Yeah, it's 11th hour, because the Uniparty is hiding the details from us.  Tough shit.

Did you see the $25 million the snuck in to give themselves a raise?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:16:52 am »
Did you see the $25 million the snuck in to give themselves a raise?

A rounding error, compared to the damage the proposed changes to elections that will encourage ballot harvesting.  I wish they'd take the $25M bribe, just to leave us alone on the other.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 12:24:06 am »
Best case for America is probable nothing gets passed.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 12:55:06 am »

:yowsa:  Along with big raises for members of Congress!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 12:56:10 am »
Best case for America is probable nothing gets passed.

That is exactly right @Sighlass

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 12:57:37 am »
A rounding error, compared to the damage the proposed changes to elections that will encourage ballot harvesting.  I wish they'd take the $25M bribe, just to leave us alone on the other.

Yeah the ballot harvesting is pretty disturbing.  We've already seen how that's been used to the advantage of the Progressive's in California.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 01:37:11 am »
Yeah the ballot harvesting is pretty disturbing.  We've already seen how that's been used to the advantage of the Progressive's in California.

Exactly.  I'd rather pay off the bribe.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 02:19:01 pm »
Four Senators knew that this was wrong, and called it out.  But still it passes. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 03:16:46 pm »
Four Senators knew that this was wrong, and called it out.  But still it passes.

Unanimously.  Profiles in courage, that four. 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 03:26:35 pm »

We have no Senate! It has been replaced by a House of Lords.  (See the 17th amendment!)

- J. R. R. Tolkien