Author Topic: McCarthy opposes unanimous consent on $2T coronavirus response  (Read 485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy opposes unanimous consent on $2T coronavirus response
By Juliegrace Brufke - 03/25/20 04:56 PM EDT

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said he doesn’t believe the House should attempt to pass the Senate’s $2 trillion coronaviruses stimulus package via unanimous consent, arguing that it should be debated and members should be on the record with their votes.

“I know we're in a very challenging time, I know we have members who are quarantined, members who are battling the virus, members in New York City who could not travel here without 14 days, but I don't believe we should pass a $2 trillion package by unanimous consent,” he told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday.

Leadership in both parties have weighed the possibility of attempting to pass the bill via unanimous consent, which would preclude the need for members to travel back to the Capitol.

But if just one lawmaker wants to object, it would prevent the bill's passage under such rules.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/489543-mccarthy-opposes-unanimous-consent-on-2t-coronavirus-response
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: McCarthy opposes unanimous consent on $2T coronavirus response
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:14:34 pm »
I hope he stays strong on this. Lets see whats in the bill before they pass it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:37:34 pm »
I'm sure the Kennedy Center will be thrilled at the $25 million they're getting in this bill.  Despite the fact they just completed a $250 million
expansion six month ago.

"Sorry you're unemployed because everyone panicked over this virus...but look at the improvements e've made to our performing arts center"

**nononono*

The Dems also managed to remove a provision to restock the national petroleum reserve.

There's still $75 million in there for CPB as well.

So what it's looking like is that Pelosi still got what she wanted...just a few million dollars less than what she was asking for.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:54:41 pm »
Amash said he'll definitely object.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:59:38 pm »
Amash said he'll definitely object.

This is good news.

Lets see what's in it before it's passed. The more we find out the greater the chance it can be changed. At this point what harm is there in another week passing before something is passed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 10:08:26 pm »
This is good news.

Lets see what's in it before it's passed. The more we find out the greater the chance it can be changed. At this point what harm is there in another week passing before something is passed.

GOP Senators are demanding some fixes in the verbiage before they can vote for it in that chamber.  That would be a good time to strip out the voting provisions that could be construed to permit ballot harvesting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 10:28:37 pm »
If a medium size business (500 to 10,000 employees) takes the Treasury loan, they can't oppose any union organizing effort. Page 524.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:32:31 pm »
Nancy Pelosi has added a $25,000,000 raise for Congress in the Coronavirus Bill.

This adds up to $46,728.97 per year for each of the 435 members of the House of Representatives and the 100 members of the Senate. Non-leadership members of Congress currently earn $172,000. This boondoggle will raise their pay to approximately $218,000 depending on how the raises are appropriated.

http://beingtexan.com/congress-wants-a-raise-as-part-of-coronavirus-bill/?fbclid=IwAR1ItDpcfO_iBx4UR6zGE-4H3Y8CPmzv5f-5u-sLKks3EY4gFNvzjh2yIrg

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 12:42:38 am »
McCarthy is right, it needs to be debated and every single person on record on this.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 12:56:28 am »
If that's in there I'm a firm NO until it's removed.

Page 134.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 01:22:54 am »
Page 134.

Can you supply me with and actual bill number so I can look it up and read it?  I'm not sure which bill the links you provided above refer to.  Is it the Bill Nancy and gang wrote over the weekend or the bill the Senate is considering right now?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien