Author Topic: Report: New York City Morgues Near Capacity  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: New York City Morgues Near Capacity
« on: March 25, 2020, 06:17:06 pm »
Joshua Caplan 25 Mar 2020

The Department of Homeland Security was notified that New York City’s morgues are nearing capacity, a federal official and another individual with knowledge of the matter told Politico.

Politico reports:

Officials were told that morgues in the city are expected to reach capacity next week, per the briefing. A third person familiar with the situation in New York said that some of the city’s hospital morgues hit capacity over the last seven days. If the available morgue space in New York City fills up as the number of COVID-19 deaths increases, federal help will be available, a former senior administration official said, noting that the George W. Bush administration sent mortuary assistance in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and the September 11 attacks.

[…]

For now, city officials do not seem especially alarmed. Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokesperson for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME), said concerns about morgue capacity may be unfounded. In Manhattan alone, she said, OCME’s morgue can store up to 900 bodies. The city has a morgue for each of the five boroughs, she said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/25/report-new-york-city-morgues-near-capacity/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:18:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New York City Running Out of Morgue Space as COVID-19 Deaths Rise
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:35:43 pm »
U.S. News By Alexa Lardieri 3/25/2020

Morgues in New York City are expected to reach capacity by next week as deaths mount from coronavirus, Politico reports.

New York City may be running out of space in the city's morgues as the death toll from the coronavirus rises.

During a briefing on the matter, officials at the Department of Homeland Security were told that the city's morgues are reaching capacity, Politico reported Wednesday.

A department official and a second person familiar with the situation told Politico that officials were told the morgues in New York City are expected to reach capacity by next week. Another person with knowledge of the briefing told the outlet that some of the city's hospital morgues hit capacity over the past seven days.

More: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-03-25/report-new-york-city-is-running-out-of-morgue-space-as-coronavirus-deaths-rise

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York City Running Out of Morgue Space as COVID-19 Deaths Rise
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:10:08 pm »
An emergency room doctor in Elmhurst, Queens, gives a rare look inside a hospital at the center of the coronavirus pandemic. “We don’t have the tools that we need.”

By Michael Rothfeld, Somini Sengupta, Joseph Goldstein and Brian M. Rosenthal
March 25, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Report: New York City Morgues Near Capacity
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 01:25:58 am »
Let's see, 56000 people died last year in NYC or about 153 each day on average.  Most already were near death and had planned funeral arrangements and never had to be taken to the morgue.

So far, less than 500 people have died from CV19.  Not enough to overrun morgues.

This is a 100% scare them to death tactic.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: New York City Running Out of Morgue Space as COVID-19 Deaths Rise
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 03:22:09 am »
U.S. News By Alexa Lardieri 3/25/2020

Morgues in New York City are expected to reach capacity by next week as deaths mount from coronavirus, Politico reports.

New York City may be running out of space in the city's morgues as the death toll from the coronavirus rises.

officials at the Department of Homeland Security were told that the city's morgues are reaching capacity, Politico reported Wednesday.

A department official and a second person familiar with the situation told Politico Then published by US News
More: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-03-25/report-new-york-city-is-running-out-of-morgue-space-as-coronavirus-deaths-rise

How many solid different sources is this article based on?

Did Politico or US news talk with anybody? Did they gather what was planned for the overflow bodies?

Drive a few miles out of NY Harbor,weigh them and toss them overboard?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 11:05:46 am »
I have some elderly (late 80s and 90s) relatives who right now are fine, but I’m praying they don’t die in their sleep from natural causes at this time.

I don’t want to go to a virtual funeral.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 02:16:52 am »
I have some elderly (late 80s and 90s) relatives who right now are fine, but I’m praying they don’t die in their sleep from natural causes at this time.

I don’t want to go to a virtual funeral.
When I pray for you, I pray for your whole family, too. You are all ever in my prayers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis