Author Topic: Senate includes $400M for mail-in voting in coronavirus spending deal  (Read 498 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate includes $400M for mail-in voting in coronavirus spending deal
By Maggie Miller - 03/25/20 11:28 AM EDT

The coronavirus stimulus deal the Senate is expected to pass on a bipartisan basis Wednesday includes $400 million to shore up elections and promote mail-in voting in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

A Senate source told The Hill that the $400 million would be made available to states to “help prepare for the 2020 election cycle, including to increase the ability to vote by mail, expand early voting and online registration, and increase the safety of voting in-person by providing additional voting facilities and more poll-workers.”

The funds, which were included in an estimated $2 trillion spending package that the Senate is expected to approve on Wednesday, are an increase from the previous $140 million figure proposed in an earlier Senate funding bill.

The $400 million is a major decrease in comparison to a spending package rolled out by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) earlier this week, which proposed giving states $4 billion to ensure elections would be able to continue this year despite the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/489435-senate-includes-400-million-for-mail-in-voting-in-coronavirus-spending
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

Re: Senate includes $400M for mail-in voting in coronavirus spending deal
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:06:32 pm »
Mail-in voting?  Isn't that a sure fire way to steal an election.  All the votes from fly-over states would be "lost" or accidentally on purpose destroyed.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:45:13 pm »
Mail-in voting? Isn't that a sure fire way to steal an election. All the votes from fly-over states would be "lost" or accidentally on purpose destroyed.

It sure is!

This is ballot harvesting lite. Rat operatives will walk through neighborhoods with filled out ballots which will be mailed in once they are signed. The only thing missing is being able to register the voter at the same time, but is that critical with states adopting motor voter registration?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:48:07 pm »
Can't believe this. Need more proof.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:48:11 pm »
How the hell does The Hill know what's in the bill! I can't even find a bill number!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 08:38:45 pm »
A Senate source told The Hill that the $400 million would be made available to states to “help prepare for the 2020 election cycle, including to increase the ability to vote by mail, expand early voting and online registration, and increase the safety of voting in-person by providing additional voting facilities and more poll-workers.”

@Mesaclone
@Cyber Liberty

Plays right into the Rats hands to do in the rest of the country what they've done in California. The Pubs are fools if they pass a bill with this in it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 08:40:35 pm »

@Mesaclone
@Cyber Liberty

Plays right into the Rats hands to do in the rest of the country what they've done in California. The Pubs are fools if they pass a bill with this in it.

I completely agree with that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:49:33 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »

@Mesaclone
@Cyber Liberty

If there is a provision in the bill requiring States to accept mail-in ballots at polling places regardless of who is dropping it off, then yes.  This would be ballot harvesting.  That a detail-devil, and may very well be in the bill.

ETA:  The Republicans have shown in the past they are capable of being fools.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 08:58:56 pm »
If there is a provision in the bill requiring States to accept mail-in ballots at polling places regardless of who is dropping it off, then yes.  This would be ballot harvesting.  That a detail-devil, and may very well be in the bill.

ETA:  The Republicans have shown in the past they are capable of being fools.

What we often lose sight of because we tend to be honest is the depravity of the Rats. The mail-in ballot scheme may initially ban dropping off ballots on election day, but all it takes is one activist judge to say denying that is wrong and who's to say mailing in the ballots they've harvested is wrong.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:49 pm »
What we often lose sight of because we tend to be honest is the depravity of the Rats. The mail-in ballot scheme may initially ban dropping off ballots on election day, but all it takes is one activist judge to say denying that is wrong and who's to say mailing in the ballots they've harvested is wrong.

That is correct.  We are always one activist judge away from stupidity.  It's going to take a while to cycle out all the Clinton and O'Bastard "Judges."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: