Author Topic: Schumer Cries 'Uncle': Deal Reached on $2 Trillion Package to Pay for Our 'Strange New Reality'  (Read 715 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Schumer Cries 'Uncle': Deal Reached on $2 Trillion Package to Pay for Our 'Strange New Reality'

By Paula Bolyard March 25, 2020

Senate and White House negotiators reached an agreement early Wednesday morning on a $2 trillion stimulus package to help businesses and families affected by the coronavirus epidemic and to bolster the economy. The agreement clears the way for the package to sail through both houses of Congress on its way to President Trump. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin told reporters that Trump will sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk.“Ladies and gentlemen, we are done. We have a deal,” Eric Ueland, the White House legislative affairs director, announced at around 1 a.m., after five days of tense negotiations between leaders of the two parties and the White House.

Not long after, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) took to the Senate floor to announce they had reached an agreement after a long day of negotiations with Mnuchin, Ueland, and others.

"It's good news for the doctors and nurses around the country who are waiting for more masks and more funding. It's good news for families across America. At last, we have a deal," McConnell announced.  "After days of intense discussion the Senate has reached a bipartisan agreement on a historic relief package for this pandemic."

"It will rush new resources onto the front lines of this healthcare fight and it will inject trillions of dollars of cash into the economy as fast as possible to help American families, workers, small businesses, and industries and make it through this disruption and emerge ready to soar," he added.

The bill reportedly includes

$500 billion in loans to major corporations adversely affected by the crisis

$367 billion small business loans

$250 billion unemployment ins benefits

$250 billion in payments to families

$100 billion for hospitals

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/schumer-takes-yes-for-an-answer-deal-reached-on-2-trillion-package-to-pay-for-our-strange-new-reality/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Schumer Cries 'Uncle'
Yep. Chuckie cried "please, Br'er McConnell, don't fling me in dat brier-patch"
He's crying so loudly it almost sounds like laughter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Matt Couch 🎙
@RealMattCouch
·
1h
These sorry SOBs gave themselves RAISES in this stimulus bill...

YOU REALIZE THIS, RIGHT AMERICA???

$25,000,000 “For additional Salary for House of Representatives”
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Nancy canceled the vote in the House, she back to playing games with the safety of the American people.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nancy canceled the vote in the House, she back to playing games with the safety of the American people.

I haven't heard that the Senate passed it yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

This might be a good thing. We might actually get to read what's in it before they pass it.

It sounds like they did get "ballot harvesting lite" in the bill with 400 million allocated for mail in voting.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

She's giving her b*tch Chuck Schumer a chance to slip more of their goodies in.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This might be a good thing. We might actually get to read what's in it before they pass it.

It sounds like they did get "ballot harvesting lite" in the bill with 400 million allocated for mail in voting.

I'll have to see that to believe it.  That is the worst thing I've seen in the bill she was pushing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

I'll have to see that to believe it.  That is the worst thing I've seen in the bill she was pushing.

I'm with you and I'm praying it's not in there. I believe it was The Hill that noted it.

It's these kind of "rush it through" bills that always have hidden bombs in them. The Senate had a good process and they should never have let Pelosi blow it up.

Offline Mesaclone

Mail in balloting is definitely not vote harvesting...pretty much apples and oranges. For the most part, anybody who wants to vote via mail already can. Most likely that money is about a PR campaign aimed at informing people they do a mail in ballot. It’s a huge waste....no doubt...but ballot harvesting would be a gross corruption of our electoral system. So, I would not conflate the two things.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:23:49 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Mail in balloting is definitely not vote harvesting...pretty much apples and oranges. For the most part, anybody who wants to vote via mail already can. Most likely that money is about a PR campaign at informing people they do a mail in ballot. It’s a huge waste....but ballot harvesting would be a gross corruption of our electoral system...do I would not conflate the two things.

Mail ballots are definitely how the ballot harvesting is done @Mesaclone it should be outlawed entirely!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mail in balloting is definitely not vote harvesting...pretty much apples and oranges. For the most part, anybody who wants to vote via mail already can. Most likely that money is about a PR campaign aimed at informing people they do a mail in ballot. It’s a huge waste....no doubt...but ballot harvesting would be a gross corruption of our electoral system. So, I would not conflate the two things.

What you suggest will have to be proven to me.  I agree with @Bigun that mail-in balloting is a serious problem.  There is nothing stopping me from registering and voting for my cats.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

I'm sure the Pubs are telling themselves that, but it is so easy to manipulate this into ballot harvesting it's frightening.

A ballot harvester can go through a neighborhood with filled out ballots and after getting a signature mail them in for the voter. The election board isn't going to care if the returned ballot was the one they mailed to the voter, or a substitute prepared for the voter, all they want to see is a signature.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm sure the Pubs are telling themselves that, but it is so easy to manipulate this into ballot harvesting it's frightening.

A ballot harvester can go through a neighborhood with filled out ballots and after getting a signature mail them in for the voter. The election board isn't going to care if the returned ballot was the one they mailed to the voter, or a substitute prepared for the voter, all they want to see is a signature.

It's done in assisted living centers, low-income housing, and apartment projects with ease.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

In AZ, they very much care if the ballot is the exact same ballot that was mailed in.  There are serial numbers that must match, and then the signatures also have to match before the envelope is even opened.  If a mail-in ballot is turned in at a polling place, the identification of the person dropping the ballot off must also match.

Ballot harvesting, as practiced in Commiefornia, allows anybody to drop off the ballot and that's where the harvesting is happening...when somebody shows up at the end of the day with hundreds of filled-out ballots and dumps them in the hopper.

I don't like shit like this in the bill, because it's not germane to COVA-19.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's done in assisted living centers, low-income housing, and apartment projects with ease.

Not in AZ.  Mail in ballots must be mailed, or dropped off at a polling location where ID of the deliverer can be verified, being made easier with the Real IDs.  Residents of nursing homes and the like have to be mailed.  If the law makes demands on States to change their procedures then that would be bad.  States need to have control of their elections!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Not in AZ.  Mail in ballots must be mailed, or dropped off at a polling location where ID of the deliverer can be verified, being made easier with the Real IDs.  Residents of nursing homes and the like have to be mailed.  If the law makes demands on States to change their procedures then that would be bad.  States need to have control of their elections!

This.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

So what's to stop someone in say an assisted living center from voting the collected ballots and putting them in the mail?

The people who work in places like that have all the information they need on every resident.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what's to stop someone in say an assisted living center from voting the collected ballots and putting them in the mail?

The people who work in places like that have all the information they need on every resident.

I fully expect them to try that, if they can't just show up at a polling place with the trunk of the car full of ballots as they've been doing so far.  It would require a lot more labor than the trunk.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I fully expect them to try that, if they can't just show up at a polling place with the trunk of the car full of ballots as they've been doing so far.  It would require a lot more labor than the trunk.

What I described above is what happens in Texas.  Mail ballots should be done away with entirely IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

What I described above is what happens in Texas.  Mail ballots should be done away with entirely IMHO.

:amen:

At least we will have a couple days to learn what's in the 800 page Senate bill. As mad as I am about the giveaways and pay increases it's the continued corruption of our elections that has me most worried.

FWIW, the mailing ballots in is pretty easy for a Rat activist to work around. All they have to do on the way home is mail in the ballots that they got people to sign.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You'll get no argument from me.  I liked the old absentee ballots, where you had to provide a reason to not get out of bed.
I will NOT comply.