Author Topic: White House, Senate reach late-night deal on massive $2T coronavirus stimulus package  (Read 359 times)

Offline mrclose

The White House and Senate leaders reached a breakthrough deal shortly after midnight Wednesday on a massive $2 trillion coronavirus relief package, Fox News has confirmed, capping off days of heated negotiations that had nearly been derailed by last-minute demands from House Democrats.

“Ladies and gentleman, we are done," White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland announced as he left the office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., near midnight. "We have a deal."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-lindsey-graham-democrats-vote
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Before everyone asks ...

I belong to a lot of Old Fart forums, (Yes, I am one) and a lot of them ask if they will get a 'relief check' like others.

I did my best to find an answer and for now .. I think that I have found it!?

I haven't read the new bill but if the new bill is similar to the last one (referenced here) then you might qualify, even if you are on social security.

"Taxpayers with little or no income tax liability, but at least $2,500 of qualifying income, would be eligible for a minimum rebate check of $600.($1,200 married).

Qualifying income includes earned income, as well as Social Security retirement benefits and certain compensation and pension benefits paid to veterans.

This ensures relief gets to low-income seniors and disabled veterans," the summary reads.

As I said, if this new bill is similar to the last one, it looks like even the folks on SS would qualify.

The differences that I do know about are the dollar amounts.

Instead of the poorer folks only receiving $600.00, they changed it to $1,200.00 for the lower incomes too.
(Each spouse would receive $1,200.00)

Of course, this is all just guess work on my part!

I referenced from the following website:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/488574-gop-senators-raise-concerns-over-smaller-checks-for-lower-earners
==================================

Below is from the new bill according to the hill:

"It will also give a one-time check of $1,200 to Americans who make up to $75,000.

Individuals with no or little tax liability would receive the same amount, unlike the initial GOP proposal that would have given them a minimum of $600."

This just explains what I tried to explain in my other post. :-)
(Pretty sure that the SS part would still stand.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:13:53 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OK, the big question is does it exclude illegals? Though if it gives money to American citizen children the illegals could still be in for a big payday from their anchor babies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Every single $ the FED creates out of thin air and injects makes the one you worked hard for and already have worth less!

Legalized theft!

IF we were still on a Gold Standard NONE of this would be happening!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:52:05 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien