Author Topic: White House preparing to promote malaria drugs on online platform to combat coronavirus: report  (Read 858 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House preparing to promote malaria drugs on online platform to combat coronavirus: report
By Zack Budryk - 03/24/20 07:54 PM EDT

The White House is reportedly planning to promote the use of two malaria drugs frequently touted by President Trump as a potential treatment for coronavirus despite their unproven benefits, using a platform built by the tech firm Oracle.

The platform is slated to be used to collect information about off-label uses of the two drugs, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, the New York Times reported on Tuesday. The FDA is still reviewing both drugs’ effectiveness as a coronavirus treatment, and top public health officials have warned against jumping to conclusions on their effects.

Dr. David B. Agus, a professor of medicine and engineering at the University of Southern California, is also reported to be working with the White House and Oracle, and has repeatedly promoted the use of the drugs against the virus, saying on television recently “the earlier you use them, the better.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489356-white-house-preparing-to-promote-malaria-drugs-on-online-platform-to-combat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

With a little cynical reading - consider the source - this "platform" will probably only go live after the evidence is very strong that Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments.

Something I probably have should have commented on previously/elsewhere is that I think the "dispute" between Fauci and Trump is not so much disagreement, but Fauci representing the FDA's hyper-cautious Not-Invented-Here Syndrome culture/attitude toward other countries' testing and approvals processes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Meanwhile, in your neighbor state @PeteS in CA :

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Utter insanity.
Sisolak bars malaria drugs for coronavirus patients
Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting ...
lasvegassun.com
8:25 PM · Mar 24, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1242623576513150976

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

With a little cynical reading - consider the source - this "platform" will probably only go live after the evidence is very strong that Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments.

Something I probably have should have commented on previously/elsewhere is that I think the "dispute" between Fauci and Trump is not so much disagreement, but Fauci representing the FDA's hyper-cautious Not-Invented-Here Syndrome culture/attitude toward other countries' testing and approvals processes.

Time is a luxury we don't have.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Withholding a med that may save the life of a patient in critical condition?  That's the ticket.......

Guy has a politcal IQ of 2.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Withholding a med that may save the life of a patient in critical condition?  That's the ticket.......

Guy has a politcal IQ of 2.

They are playing for keeps now.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He's trying to prevent stupid people from killing themselves ( like fish-cleaner-chemical-man ) who thought they heard the President say the FDA approved it as a treatment just because President Trump said "Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and it's -- it was approved very, very quickly and it's now approved, by prescription."

Chloroquine has not been approved by the FDA to treat the coronavirus.

Governor Sisolak wants to protect his voters from becoming unwitting lab-rats.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He's trying to prevent stupid people from killing themselves ( like fish-cleaner-chemical-man ) who thought they heard the President say the FDA approved it as a treatment just because President Trump said "Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and it's -- it was approved very, very quickly and it's now approved, by prescription."

Chloroquine has not been approved by the FDA to treat the coronavirus.

Governor Sisolak wants to protect his voters from becoming unwitting lab-rats.

Chloroquine most certainly has been approved and the Governor will soon be rescinding this order. If he hasn't already.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Chloroquine most certainly has been approved and the Governor will soon be rescinding this order. If he hasn't already.

It has not been approved for coronavirus, it is approved for malaria, it has been authorize to be prescribed "off-label" because they ain't got nothing else.  It's to give hope to the human lab-rats who are willing to become testers.  The Governor will rescind the order when a clinical test shows some effectiveness.

Dr. Oz also asked Pence if he would “take these pills” if he felt sick.

“I would follow the advice of my physician and I would recommend that approach to every single American,” the vice president said in response.

Not a ringing endorsement for the miracle drug.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Like all other aspects in life...   Everything has risk managment implications

Example....

If I was well, and I was told that a drug that would keep me from getting the disease was available, but had a 10% chance of being fatal?

I'd pass.

OTOH, if I was in critical conditon with this ailment and was told that this drug may save my life ????   No brainer.

Just two scenarios with a trillion others in between.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It has not been approved for coronavirus, it is approved for malaria, it has been authorize to be prescribed "off-label" because they ain't got nothing else.  It's to give hope to the human lab-rats who are willing to become testers.  The Governor will rescind the order when a clinical test shows some effectiveness.

Not a ringing endorsement for the miracle drug.

So by what right can the Governor of Nevada get between a patient and his Doctor?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nolte: Nevada’s Democrat Governor Outlaws Antimalarial Drugs for Coronavirus Sufferers

John Nolte25 Mar 2020460
4:09

Nevada’s Democrat Gov. Steve Sisolak signed an order Tuesday outlawing the use of antimalarial drugs for sufferers of the coronavirus.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the “governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis[.]”

“At this point in time, there is no known cure for COVID-19 and we must not withhold these drugs from those who need them,” the governor said in his statement. “The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home for Nevada, not to stockpile these drugs.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/25/nolte-nevadas-democrat-governor-outlaws-antimalarial-drugs-for-coronavirus-sufferers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

So by what right can the Governor of Nevada get between a patient and his Doctor?
Emergency order I guess, and if the people of Nevada don't like it they can go to their homes and wait out the quarantine.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Emergency order I guess, and if the people of Nevada don't like it they can go to their homes and wait out the quarantine.
OR, they might just get pissed off or panicked and drive to another state where a doctor isn't prohibited from prescribing it if, in the physician's judgement it is warranted. So much for the governor's wishful thinking that people who a re worried will just sit in their homes. I can see taking action to keep a profiteer or idiot from stockpiling, but the governor has gone over the deep end.

OR, they might just get pissed off or panicked and drive to another state where a doctor isn't prohibited from prescribing it if, in the physician's judgement it is warranted. So much for the governor's wishful thinking that people who a re worried will just sit in their homes. I can see taking action to keep a profiteer or idiot from stockpiling, but the governor has gone over the deep end.
Perhaps you're right.  I'm watching and he ain't even my governor. :beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They started testing in New York a couple of days ago, right...?

I would reckon that within 10 days (certainly within two-three weeks) they'll have a good indication as to whether or not the "drug combo" is working to some degree.

I think the Nevada governor put out a ban on the malaria drug being used
as a prophylactic only. It can still be used to treat an active infection.
(I could have that info wrong...)