Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 158454 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3625 on: November 17, 2020, 10:13:22 pm »
Fatality rates by State - based on reported cases only.

New Jersey     5.75%
     New York     5.65%
     Massachusetts     5.42%
     Connecticut     5.10%
     District Of Columbia     3.41%
     Pennsylvania     3.37%
     New Hampshire     3.32%
     Louisiana     2.99%
     Michigan     2.91%
     Rhode Island     2.87%
     Mississippi     2.62%
     Maryland     2.55%
     Delaware     2.52%
     Arizona     2.27%
     USA Total     2.18%
     South Carolina     2.10%
     Georgia     2.10%
     Florida     1.97%
     Indiana     1.91%
     Illinois     1.91%
     Vermont     1.90%
     Ohio     1.89%
     New Mexico     1.88%
     Virginia     1.85%
     Washington     1.84%
     Texas     1.82%
     Maine     1.77%
     California     1.75%
     West Virginia     1.69%
     Arkansas     1.65%
     Nevada     1.57%
     Colorado     1.53%
     North Carolina     1.51%
     Alabama     1.49%
     Missouri     1.38%
     Hawaii     1.33%
     Oregon     1.32%
     Minnesota     1.26%
     Tennessee     1.23%
     Kentucky     1.19%
     North Dakota     1.16%
     Montana     1.09%
     Iowa     1.06%
     Kansas     1.02%
     Oklahoma     0.98%
     South Dakota     0.97%
     Idaho     0.91%
     Wisconsin     0.83%
     Nebraska     0.78%
     Wyoming     0.62%
     Utah     0.46%
     Alaska     0.42%
North Dakota's numbers agree pretty well with what I had calculated from DOH data.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3626 on: November 21, 2020, 04:51:53 pm »
Portuguese Appeals Court Deems PCR Tests Unreliable

By Pete Bianco - November 17, 2020
https://www.uticaphoenix.net/2020/11/17/portuguese-appeals-court-deems-pcr-tests-unreliable/

On November 11, 2020, a Portuguese appeal court ruled it was unlawful to quarantine people based solely on a PCR test.

The court stated, the test’s reliability depends on the number of cycles used and the viral load present. Citing Jaafar et al. 2020, the court concludes that “if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.” The court further notes that the cycle threshold used for the PCR tests currently being made in Portugal is unknown.

This case concerned the fact that four people had been quarantined by the Regional Health Authority. Of these, one had tested positive for COVID using a PCR test; the other three were deemed to have undergone a high risk of exposure. Consequently, the Regional Health Authority decided that all four were infectious and a health hazard, which required that they go into isolation.

The court’s summary of the case to rule against the Regional Health Authority’s appeal reads as follows: “Given how much scientific doubt exists — as voiced by experts, i.e., those who matter — about the reliability of the PCR tests, given the lack of information concerning the tests’ analytical parameters, and in the absence of a physician’s diagnosis supporting the existence of infection or risk, there is no way this court would ever be able to determine whether C was indeed a carrier of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, or whether A, B and D had been at a high risk of exposure to it.”

In the US, the FDA’s instructions for PCR testing recommends a threshold of 40 cycles for a specimen to be considered positive. See page 35 of the instructions.

At 25 cycles the original material has been multiplied 33,554,432 times.

At 30 cycles the original material has been multiplied 1,073,741,824 times.

At 40 cycles the original material has been multiplied 1,099,511,627,776 times.

As you can see there is quite a difference in magnification at various cycle thresholds.

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

Thus explaining all of these positive test results and no symptoms.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:52:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3627 on: November 21, 2020, 04:55:49 pm »
Portuguese Appeals Court Deems PCR Tests Unreliable

By Pete Bianco - November 17, 2020
https://www.uticaphoenix.net/2020/11/17/portuguese-appeals-court-deems-pcr-tests-unreliable/

On November 11, 2020, a Portuguese appeal court ruled it was unlawful to quarantine people based solely on a PCR test.

The court stated, the test’s reliability depends on the number of cycles used and the viral load present. Citing Jaafar et al. 2020, the court concludes that “if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.” The court further notes that the cycle threshold used for the PCR tests currently being made in Portugal is unknown.

This case concerned the fact that four people had been quarantined by the Regional Health Authority. Of these, one had tested positive for COVID using a PCR test; the other three were deemed to have undergone a high risk of exposure. Consequently, the Regional Health Authority decided that all four were infectious and a health hazard, which required that they go into isolation.

The court’s summary of the case to rule against the Regional Health Authority’s appeal reads as follows: “Given how much scientific doubt exists — as voiced by experts, i.e., those who matter — about the reliability of the PCR tests, given the lack of information concerning the tests’ analytical parameters, and in the absence of a physician’s diagnosis supporting the existence of infection or risk, there is no way this court would ever be able to determine whether C was indeed a carrier of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, or whether A, B and D had been at a high risk of exposure to it.”

In the US, the FDA’s instructions for PCR testing recommends a threshold of 40 cycles for a specimen to be considered positive. See page 35 of the instructions.

At 25 cycles the original material has been multiplied 33,554,432 times.

At 30 cycles the original material has been multiplied 1,073,741,824 times.

As you can see there is quite a difference in magnification at various cycle thresholds.

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

Thus explaining all of these positive test results and no symptoms.
In an nutshell, the disease isn't as widespread as the tests say.

This is why new cases are likely not a valid metric--and why number of new cases tracks number of tests, with a slight delay for processing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:56:42 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3628 on: November 21, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »
In an nutshell, the disease isn't as widespread as the tests say.

This is why new cases are likely not a valid metric--and why number of new cases tracks number of tests, with a slight delay for processing.

What you REALLY need to know is that this COVID construct is just another facet of a grand conspiracy to steal a Presidential election in the United States of America!

Prove me wrong.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3629 on: November 21, 2020, 05:03:00 pm »
What you REALLY need to know is that this COVID construct is just another facet of a grand conspiracy to steal a Presidential election in the United States of America!

Prove me wrong.
See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,396735.msg2330620.html#msg2330620

If you haven't already.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3630 on: November 21, 2020, 05:28:44 pm »

A trillion generations, and that's considered "acceptable?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3631 on: November 21, 2020, 05:30:01 pm »
Fatality rates by State - based on reported cases only.

New Jersey     5.75%
     New York     5.65%
     Massachusetts     5.42%
     Connecticut     5.10%
     District Of Columbia     3.41%
     Pennsylvania     3.37%
     New Hampshire     3.32%
     Louisiana     2.99%
     Michigan     2.91%
     Rhode Island     2.87%
     Mississippi     2.62%
     Maryland     2.55%
     Delaware     2.52%
     Arizona     2.27%
     USA Total     2.18%
     South Carolina     2.10%
     Georgia     2.10%
     Florida     1.97%
     Indiana     1.91%
     Illinois     1.91%
     Vermont     1.90%
     Ohio     1.89%
     New Mexico     1.88%
     Virginia     1.85%
     Washington     1.84%
     Texas     1.82%
     Maine     1.77%
     California     1.75%
     West Virginia     1.69%
     Arkansas     1.65%
     Nevada     1.57%
     Colorado     1.53%
     North Carolina     1.51%
     Alabama     1.49%
     Missouri     1.38%
     Hawaii     1.33%
     Oregon     1.32%
     Minnesota     1.26%
     Tennessee     1.23%
     Kentucky     1.19%
     North Dakota     1.16%
     Montana     1.09%
     Iowa     1.06%
     Kansas     1.02%
     Oklahoma     0.98%
     South Dakota     0.97%
     Idaho     0.91%
     Wisconsin     0.83%
     Nebraska     0.78%
     Wyoming     0.62%
     Utah     0.46%
     Alaska     0.42%

So for a 1.75% fatality rate, gruesome Newsom punishes the remaining living citizens and their economic viability and future?

This is nuts!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3632 on: November 21, 2020, 05:30:07 pm »

Depends on who you ask and what their motivations are.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #3633 on: November 21, 2020, 05:37:18 pm »

Whatever it takes...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3634 on: November 21, 2020, 05:54:46 pm »
It's not that difficult to explain to non-medical people how amplifying works, because most have seen a lot of CSI and NCIS episodes.

What should give them pause it takes over a trillion clonings to boost the DNA levels to the point they can be construed as "positive test results."  Anybody who's ever made copies of copies of cassette tapes know it results in diminished quality.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3635 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:37 pm »

Prove me wrong.

See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,396735.msg2330620.html#msg2330620

If you haven't already.

I am leaning hard toward 'The Great Reset' being attempted... With the virus being an artifice of convenience.

Suddenly this 'Great Reset' lingo (go read what they desire) is filtering into the media dialog. Phrases and thoughts... I always said it was bigger than the US or the US election.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3636 on: November 21, 2020, 06:37:03 pm »
I am leaning hard toward 'The Great Reset' being attempted... With the virus being an artifice of convenience.

Suddenly this 'Great Reset' lingo (go read what they desire) is filtering into the media dialog. Phrases and thoughts... I always said it was bigger than the US or the US election.
It's global, but if the US is in the way (and yes, even Trump) it ain't gonna work.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3637 on: November 21, 2020, 06:46:52 pm »
It's global, but if the US is in the way (and yes, even Trump) it ain't gonna work.

That's right. The Protestant West, and the Muslims in the middle east won't be broken so easily.

BUT, already this offense is being lofted on the Canucks... The idea of total debt forgiveness in exchange for surrender of property rights... Funny ain't it, how this Wuhan virus is the layup for just such a thing...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3638 on: November 21, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »
That's right. The Protestant West, and the Muslims in the middle east won't be broken so easily.

The Moslems are wayyy ahead of the "mask game."  They've been masking their wimins' faces for centuries.  That is, not coincidentally, to be the end result of this bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:59:55 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3639 on: November 21, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
The Moslems are wayyy ahead of the "mask game."  They've been masking their wimins' faces for centuries.  That is, not coincidentally, to be the end result of this bullshit.
Yep. THe very face masks that Americans would have bled to keep off their women are being demanded by Karens everywhere...(and the (*&)@# things are ineffective, to boot!)

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3640 on: November 21, 2020, 08:29:03 pm »
Our church choir finally is getting back to practicing, after 8 or so months off, but we have to keep wearing masks. I sewed a new one today for the occasion - only one layer of very breathable fabric. It's not like it was going to prevent transmission of the virus anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3641 on: November 21, 2020, 08:39:14 pm »

The masks ain't the point except in their indication of obedience.

Look into the Great Reset. Seriously. It's communist at it's root.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3642 on: November 21, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »

:bingo:

I've barely scratched  that surface.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3643 on: November 21, 2020, 08:58:22 pm »
I've barely scratched  that surface.   :shrug:

It is international debt forgiveness in trade for giving up all rights to property. That is the main thrust, and there are a whole bunch of heavy hitters in politics and business signing on.

It is literally horrifying.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3644 on: November 21, 2020, 09:05:06 pm »
It is international debt forgiveness in trade for giving up all rights to property. That is the main thrust, and there are a whole bunch of heavy hitters in politics and business signing on.

It is literally horrifying.

It sounds like it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3645 on: November 21, 2020, 09:14:10 pm »

Today, bright and sunny walk in my 150 acre coastal park, steady breeze going, and the few people I see were wearing masks, no one else around. Sometimes I get that urge to grab them by the shoulders shake and yell. “Wake up!” Most are older Chinese though, it’s in their DNA. No point in it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3646 on: November 21, 2020, 09:25:03 pm »
Today, bright and sunny walk in my 150 acre coastal park, steady breeze going, and the few people I see were wearing masks, no one else around. Sometimes I get that urge to grab them by the shoulders shake and yell. “Wake up!” Most are older Chinese though, it’s in their DNA. No point in it.

Sure... Nobody around, it's just nuts. But I ain't going to cuss old folks for taking steps... They're the ones this thing could statistically harm.

But you are right. it is almost point-and-laugh hilarious in town... Folks driving alone in their cars, invariably karens, or bookish younger males. Makes me shake my head, turn around and head back out of town... Where things are pretty normal, less the odd elders not taking any chances.

I ain't been going to the Costco because it is the one place I need to go that I would have to wear a mask or a shield... So I been having it delivered via InstaCart... Costs me a twenty or so, but if I wait a bit till I have an order of $250 or more, that ain't so bad...

Anyhow, the fun part of all that is when the InstaCart delivery person shows up to drop my order off on the porch, the first think I say is, "Y'all can take that sh*t off if you want to..."

And every single one of em, without fail says, "Oh thank God!" and pulls off the mask.  :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3647 on: November 21, 2020, 09:40:52 pm »
Sure... Nobody around, it's just nuts. But I ain't going to cuss old folks for taking steps... They're the ones this thing could statistically harm.

But you are right. it is almost point-and-laugh hilarious in town... Folks driving alone in their cars, invariably karens, or bookish younger males. Makes me shake my head, turn around and head back out of town... Where things are pretty normal, less the odd elders not taking any chances.

I ain't been going to the Costco because it is the one place I need to go that I would have to wear a mask or a shield... So I been having it delivered via InstaCart... Costs me a twenty or so, but if I wait a bit till I have an order of $250 or more, that ain't so bad...

Anyhow, the fun part of all that is when the InstaCart delivery person shows up to drop my order off on the porch, the first think I say is, "Y'all can take that sh*t off if you want to..."

And every single one of em, without fail says, "Oh thank God!" and pulls off the mask.  :laugh:

Mrs. Liberty and I have a volunteer gig we do at the GOP HQ here in BHC, and most people come in wearing masks.  They think the City still requires it, but they don't.  I say almost that exact same thing to them.  the trilogy of shipping services we use, UPS, FedEx and USPS, and they don't wear them on delivery.

We never wore them in the HQ, even when it was supposedly mandatory.  We just told the inspectors, "We aren't open to 'the public,' only for Republicans."
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3648 on: November 21, 2020, 10:08:25 pm »
Our church choir finally is getting back to practicing, after 8 or so months off, but we have to keep wearing masks. I sewed a new one today for the occasion - only one layer of very breathable fabric. It's not like it was going to prevent transmission of the virus anyway.
I've been using a shield for over a month now.

I was wearing a mask at work one day and, when I bent down to adjust a machine, my breath showed up on the plexiglas plane, even as I was breathing through that mask. Not particularly helpful, is it?

If I have to stay legal, I might as well be able to actually breathe, and at least stop the projectile droplets anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3649 on: November 21, 2020, 10:18:27 pm »
Mrs. Liberty and I have a volunteer gig we do at the GOP HQ here in BHC, and most people come in wearing masks.  They think the City still requires it, but they don't.  I say almost that exact same thing to them.  the trilogy of shipping services we use, UPS, FedEx and USPS, and they don't wear them on delivery.

We never wore them in the HQ, even when it was supposedly mandatory.  We just told the inspectors, "We aren't open to 'the public,' only for Republicans."

It's just too funny. Of course, out of town, none of the rednecks are wearing em. And never will.